arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion For Free Tier From Reputed Host
Hi all,

I've been looking for a few days now to select which reputed host (like AWS, GCP, and Azure) that have free tier for their VPS. This VPS will be used for my new startup and I wanted to start with free before committing to pay them. I've checked similar thread where @Mashiro gave a Quora answer where to host a Node.JS app. The answer also stated some reputed host like AWS, GCP, Azure, and DO.

I already checked GCP and it says it doesn't have a external public IP address so it definitely out from the list. For DO, I think I'll use my student voucher from GitHub Edu (then add $20 more) which allow me to have $10/month VPS for a straight year. For the other two, I don't have any opinion yet since I haven't used it yet. If I need to choose between AWS and Azure, I think I'm going to be more AWS-ish since they product (I believe) is more complete than Azure.

So for the other three, have you guys used them before? How is it likes and which one do you think the most OK to use?

Cheers  Smile
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(07-01-2021, 04:21 AM)tiwil Wrote: ..... I already checked GCP and it says it doesn't have a external public IP address so it definitely out from the list.

I wonder if it is correct.

Because I had used GCP before. My GCP container absolutely had external public IP address to connect with.

And my experience with GCP was great. Overall VPS performance was almost unbeatable, and network was very stable as there had no downtime at all.

(07-01-2021, 10:37 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I wonder if it is correct.

Because I had used GCP before. My GCP container absolutely had external public IP address to connect with.

And my experience with GCP was great. Overall VPS performance was almost unbeatable, and network was very stable as there had no downtime at all.

For their always free (since we're talking about free tier here) (yes, they give VPS for free, forever, but with very little specs and no external IP), there is no external public IP address. Check it out here: https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/gcp-f...age-limits at Compute Engine.

Probably they only give internal IP address to access other Google's service. In case you only need a VPS for outbound connection then Google's VPS is good to go. But for me it's not enough since I expect to have visitors. But, even though they give public IP address, I also might not choose them since they give $300 USD for only 3 months.
(07-02-2021, 05:05 AM)tiwil Wrote: For their always free (since we're talking about free tier here) (yes, they give VPS for free, forever, but with very little specs and no external IP), there is no external public IP address. Check it out here: https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/gcp-f...age-limits at Compute Engine.....

Oh... perhaps it is because I tried GCP some years ago. Now it looks like they have changed their free tier rules quite substantially.

In old days there was no limitation in using the GCP free tier credits. I was allowed to launch any VM instance with external IP address. Smile

(07-03-2021, 09:56 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Oh... perhaps it is because I tried GCP some years ago. Now it looks like they have changed their free tier rules quite substantially.

In old days there was no limitation in using the GCP free tier credits. I was allowed to launch any VM instance with external IP address. Smile

When using credit, it is not a problem. But for always free (GCP offers always free VM) there is no external IP address. But unfortunately, GCP only offers 3 months credit now, no longer 12 months. That's another reason why I wouldn't take GCP hehe.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: sagher
05-31-2020, 04:41 PM
Last Post: TimeRider

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting