arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laravel or PHP
I would definitely go for PHP because this the most popular all over the world. Lavarel could be also a good choice but I don't know it.

What about ASP?
v 5.3.25 is out. How proficient we must be with PHP to work with Laravel ? Almost everyone I know says Laravel is the easiest one to use. Mainly due to the support available.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Larvel is a great engine to start with, but as others have said, you should really start off with learning the basics of PHP and how to preform SQL queries using PHP if you are trying to build a software with a content manager. YouTube will be a great resource for you when you being the learning process and looking at open source software will also help you learn how some of these great features are being made once you get a handle of the language. I do that very frequently and I am a firm believer in its okay to look for help and guidance from others' work, just make sure that you are actually learning and not just copying the work that they have already done.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
I am a web developer my self and what I can suggest was to learn PHP first specially the basics so that you will learn Laravel faster.
(10-09-2020, 08:18 AM)c00ld3v Wrote: I am a web developer my self and what I can suggest was to learn PHP first specially the basics so that you will learn Laravel faster.

Actually, if you're a web developer you must be can definitely tell the difference between Laravel and PHP. PHP is a programming language where mainly used for web developing, while Laravel is a framework that built under PHP. If you're coding a Laravel project, then you're also coding a PHP. It's two different things.

And before jump in to Laravel, at least the developer must have experience first in PHP. Otherwise, you will go crazy and puzzled when get back to native PHP.
Laravel offers fast development, all shortcut there and we can develop complex system so easily (actually, not really).

Edit: I just realized that it is 2016 thread, which is 4 years old. Apologize!
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Hello all. I am now practising a new programming language and found laravel is very compelling and very simple to use. Its structure helps you build an app quickly, without much headace. The eloquent is far more interesting and really simple to communicate with the server. Creating a registration process is very much just typing a command and ready to use. Do I post more about laravel? Do you have any interest in laravel or used it in any of your projects? Let me know.
I'm using Laravel right now for one of my active project. And yes, it's really easy to get start with. Overtime, you will learn more new thing and can optimize your coding a lot more. I really recommend this if you already have basic with PHP. I have never touched Code Igniter or Yii, so no comment on those framework.

Laravel is actually my first framework. I always use vanilla PHP before, then I have bigger project that if I use vanilla PHP it will be a lot of headache, so I pick up Laravel tutorial and find it very easy to use
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Yup. All the packages in laravel make it too easy, The main 2 problem it solves is auth and data management with validation. Laravel makes these two so effortless.
(03-21-2021, 12:09 PM)debjit Wrote: Ok. So laravel is the best PHP framework so far. It makes simple apps so much easy and fast. All packages are installed by the composer and it is really fast. API and crud is the best feature any one can have using laravel.

Yes it is one of the best, but you need to have a good foundation in PHP because you’re going to have a rough time trying to figure out Workspaces, classes, Routes, seeds and all of that if you first don’t know how the language itself operates before diving into the framework.
I’ve been thinking about playing with Laravel for my game to add in the online features I’ve been planning and having a community built in for it. I don’t have any issues with Vanilla PHP it was one of the first process based codes I learned and once you get proficient in it you can have your HTML/CSS assets called via PHP reducing the amount of code you’re writing in the long run. You can do this with Laravel I imagine, but I’ve not played with it enough to actually know the structure.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting