arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at my portfolio and help me improve it :)
Smile 
I have finally finished the release of the first (well, if we have to consider the pure JS attempt... this would be the 2nd) version of my new portfolio. It is based on webGL and it is developed using Typescript and modular structure Smile

You can find the latest "production" release available on my website but you can also find the source code on my github.

If you find any bug or strange behavior report me!

Please send me the following information:
  • Screenshot, if it is a graphical bug;
  • Device: Desktop - Laptop - Smartphone - Tablet
  • Device specs: RAM & CPU/GPU information
  • Screen Resolution: Needed to check CSS media query
  • Browser & Browser version: (Example: Chronium-Edge 86)
Regards,
LightDestory
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Wow! It is awesome. I like how you design it. But at some point it's very lag in my potato laptop Tongue. Not a problem, I can still enjoy how it looks as your recruiter will also have newer laptop/PC that should not too potato.

Anyway, if you hover over the bottom menu (About me, projects, etc), you can click it even if you're not hovering in a menu name. So every single blank space in bottom menu is clickable. Probably a bug?
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Hi @LightDestory.  I've always admired your Website and can only imagine how good it must be with the improvements you have made, but I have a feeling you must have a very fast Internet connection and high end of technology.  I have an average ADSL connection with average technology.  I'm unable to download your site.  So my suggestion for development of your Website would be to check your Website from a desktop or laptop that has a slower internet connection and average technology.  Also to check it from more than one browser. In fact, you may find Web testing on the Internet that allows you to check for that.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Thanks for your feedback, I will check these.

@tiwil The bottom menu is composed of li elements expanded via margin padding, so the "click area" is large as that. It is semi-intentional because this larger click area helps with touch screen devices.
Regarding the lags please report me the specs of your potato laptop.

@deanhills Please provide me the feedback information, I mostly developed in a 2004 laptop (i3 1st gen and 4gb of ram) and it worked. Maybe your browser has opengl support disabled?
(10-18-2020, 08:03 AM)LightDestory Wrote: Thanks for your feedback, I will check these.

@tiwil The bottom menu is composed of li elements expanded via margin padding, so the "click area" is large as that. It is semi-intentional because this larger click area helps with touxh scren devices.
Regarding the lags please report me the specs your potato laptop.

@deanhills Please provide me the feedback information, I mostly developed in a 2004 laptop (i3 1st gen and 4gb of ram) and it worked. Maybe your browser has opengl support disabled?

@LightDestory Not sure if you have done anything, or maybe it was a temporary thing, but the Website came up this time round.  So possibly then it isn't an issue.  Not sure what happened, as when I clicked on the link previously it came up with a black blank screen only and was stuck on it.  This time round it brought up your home page with good average speed.

I really like the Website particularly because it has its own design and style and character - it's authentic.  It's not a copy of any of the other template type Websites one finds on the Web. But if you want to test it out, I'm sure you'll be able to find Websites with test tools, such as viewing the Website from different browsers and in different device/monitor sizes.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills I know such websites, like SSLtest and SEOCHECKER.
The main issue is that to use them I must disable cloudflare and expose the real IP, for now I am not going to do that.

Your black screen issue is probably related to your network speed. The website will stay black until all the data is loaded (I minified the Javascript so it download 1 or 2 js only but they are big). I tried to mitigate this issue using asynchronous loading on non-essential parts, such as github api. But the core script is needed in its full to be able to "start"
(10-18-2020, 08:03 AM)LightDestory Wrote: Thanks for your feedback, I will check these.

@tiwil The bottom menu is composed of li elements expanded via margin padding, so the "click area" is large as that. It is semi-intentional because this larger click area helps with touch screen devices.
Regarding the lags please report me the specs of your potato laptop.

I laughed so hard when I read that "potato laptop." I don't expect you will say that, hahaha!
My laptop is ... 8 years younger than your 2004 laptop. It's a 2012 laptop that have i3 2nd gen and 2GB of RAM. Also it haves Intel HD 3000 as a graphics card. I have no idea why it's so laggy when opening your website, probably my laptop just don't have enough capacity to open it.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I love how unique it is, but I am hitting the same issues everyone else is. I have a Late-2019 MacBook Pro and your site catches as I scroll and the motion graphic you have playing in the background lags a bit. I am running a i9 with 16GB of Ram, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and AMD Radeon Pro 5400M for my graphics cards and I have a gig internet service, so I should be able to eat this up no issue. My display resolution is 3072 x 1920 Retina so hopefully that will help with your media queries.

With your motion graphic, is that something you have hosted within the container of your site, or are you pulling it in as an external resource?
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Last Post: timelancer

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting