arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars Civilization - Feasible or not?
@fChk Well I'd still say that the environmental equilibrium your talking about, is to a great extent theoretical. TBH the knowledge of us human beings is limited. Of course, it's our knowledge that has made us successfully land on Mars, but there are a lot of things we're still to discover. Take for example the first instance whose link I shared, did the scientists anticipate 30% more oxygen on Mars. Absolutely not. Similarly you dunno what is the Earth's environmental condition tending to, with such high rates of pollution, and adversely changing climatic conditions. Maybe what is following and what's anticipated is a lot different! Maybe those predictions which are made about mankind's sustenance on the Earth, will prove to be a big fallacy in a few years. We never know, cuz we assume a lot of things. Most of the concoctions are based on certain assumptions, only sometimes does it prove to be true, not always.

Regarding capitalism, I'd rather regain quite on the issue. See this is more of a scientific thread, which focusses mainly on the feasibility of human sustainability on Mars. I never created this thread with the intention of having a commerce discussion, and there's no point in dragging it into this discussion. I agree that economic feasibility is a big part of scientific reasoning, but considering which company wants to make more profit, who's heading there race for capitalism and so on, doesn't get into this category. Hence, let's restrict ourselves to the primary objective of the thread and stick to it.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(12-06-2019, 02:25 PM)deanhills Wrote: (...)

I'm hoping that along the lines of that movie "The day after tomorrow", that before it is too late, earth is going to get its revenge on human beings and we're going to move spontaneously into an ice age, where most humans will be killed.  Then after that earth may stand a chance.

(...)  Technically they could work on a plan if the species could survive at the level of progress they're at right now, but I'm almost certain they're going to have to experience a major correction of earth in the near future, when earth can't handle the destruction at the hands of human beings any longer.

Earth is just fine one way or the other. It's Life on it (and by extension Human beings survivability) that is going to go through yet another squeeze(/mass extinction) phase, similar to the ones recorded in the geological records millions of years ago.

I'm still pointing my finger to Capitalism as to the main culprit of the current state of affairs, without it, Earth resources can accommodate a lot more than the current 7.7 Billions souls. The overpopulation concept is a false problem when we're aware of the dynamics of Natural populations and how its size is regulated(/kept in check); it's basic ecological mechanisms at play.

For human populations, we have not only Natural mechanisms/causes (for population size control) but Man-made ones. Wars (especially those that are fought to get certain military-industrial complexes thriving) are among the most evident but there are other more insidious ones...

I'll stop here.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(12-07-2019, 06:11 AM)fChk Wrote: I'm still pointing my finger to Capitalism as to the main culprit of the current state of affairs, without it, Earth resources can accommodate a lot more than the current 7.7 Billions souls. The overpopulation concept is a false problem when we're aware of the dynamics of Natural populations and how its size is regulated(/kept in check); it's basic ecological mechanisms at play.
For me capitalism comes from greed and leads to more greed and corruption. And those qualities come directly from the nature of human beings who are always competing with one another to get more and better. It's part of humanity to be like that, and humans have created a way of living where money means more is better.

You're right however, we're going off course here. Back to Mars. So I'd say humans are bright and resourceful enough to populate it one day, but their own extinction may predate that point in future where they would have been able to do it. If one looks at the awesome technical developments of the last few decades, their ability to get to Mars is a given. However at the same time earth has deteriorated rapidly as well, and has become almost unstoppable with the destruction having moved in a momentum of its own. If coward Government leaders don't do something about this soon, then the end picture is a given. And yes, maybe that will in its own right kill of a large portion of the population as well when they're unable to survive in intemperate climate conditions.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
it is probably impossible because of the chemical or gas i forgot isnt support human . human will instantly die when going to mars without any kind of protection . but if the technology allow to fix all the problem it is possible
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I don't think we are ready for that yet. First, we should have better control over Earth orbit and Moon. Having a cost-effective way to travel as well as try to have a station on Moon. Plz, for now, I don't see there is a real reason for that. But again humankind always loves fantasy than reality. I think we gonna need another 25-50 years to be ready for something like that. First, someone should send a machine which could land and survive several years on Mars gathering data.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(12-16-2019, 01:46 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: it is probably impossible because of the chemical or gas i forgot isnt support human . human will instantly die when going to mars without any kind of protection . but if the technology allow to fix all the problem it is possible

Mars has a atmosphere similar to earth with respect to pressure but composition defers very much.....
There you will find CO2 is in major quantity
CO2 - 95%, 
N2   - 3%
O2   - 0.7%
So, as far as I think we will have to make a artemis there so that humans can live there and also they will have to generate their own O2 supplies by planting plants in their dome.....

As far I think through this too we will run out of resources and then we will surely have to go out in the mars field to look for any alternate fuel resource 

I have read one novel too..... Artemis by Andy Weir (The Martians Author)
Its kinda nice....... in it humans were living on Moon in a Artemis dome with mines for fuel outside the dome......
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
i think they will make tunnels deep under Martian surface and make that habitable. That might be the best way initially. pressure and gravity is ok. so they will need food and sufficient energy. I guess fusion will be the source of energy and food is not a problem anymore even if you need to cultivate underground in big chambers with artificial light. that is already being done.

sorry for off topic....

moved the text to this new thread here...

https://post4vps.com/Thread-Design-your-Utopia
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting