arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MySQL not connecting?
Hello guys,
I got a small problem.
Yesterday i got whmcs and wanted to install it on a shared hosting but i want to use my server as MySQL (External Connection)
I installed phpMyAdmin and added the right info in the WHMCS but it says "Can't connect to the server" and i also tried to connect with terminal and it didn't work so i think it's something in MySQL
Terminal
[root@server ~]# mysql -u whmcsuser -p -h myserverip
Enter password:
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'myserverip' (111)
[root@server ~]#
So can anyone help me with this?
PS: Thats not my p4v vps thats why i didn't post it in vps support
make sure the mysql port isnt blocked or invalid and you turn on the mysql remote . on default mysql deny remote access for security purposes

but if the phpmyadmin that is local cannot connect to it make sure the mysql server is running . you can check it with "service mysql status" command
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
In addition that what @humanpuff69 already mentioned: are the users on your MySQL servers allowed to even use/peform a remote MySQL login?

In order for MySQL remote server to work there are quite some things that need to be configured and that includes also to properly setup user permission to login remotely from different machines when the MySQL remote server feature has been enabled and configured properly.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
On our server can't Mysql to be used external, as that you use our services.
You should look for a shared hosting provider that allows you to remote databases connection like Jagoan Hosting!
Or you can use your VPS as your MySQL Server but with the lack of a very long time Query makes web pages load slowly!
Terminal
Solo Developer
@chanalku91
There is remote host in the panel but it's not working so I want to connect it externally, tell me how
(01-11-2020, 08:26 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: @chanalku91
There is remote host in the panel but it's not working so I want to connect it externally, tell me how

I say again, the shared hosting that you use must supports Remote MySQL!

You must add your computer's IP to the Access List so you can access the MySQL Server!
And make sure the server also opens the MySQL Server port!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Terminal
Solo Developer
Believe me, i already tried this way and it didn't work.
Idk about the MySQL port maybe @Pacific Spirit knows
(01-12-2020, 07:31 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Believe me, i already tried this way and it didn't work.
Idk about the MySQL port maybe @Pacific Spirit knows

@Pacific Spirit already told you that the port is closed on the public IP (see Post 4,)  which is the standard rule. Only few hosting services allow that feature with the precaution of whitelisting the IP from which the SQL queries will originate.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Okay, thanks.
Any admin can close this topic @deanhills @Dynamo
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting