arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CyberPanel FTP is not connecting
Hello guys,
I got a problem with CyberPanel.
When i i create a site and try the ftp it says "timed out" do you know the reason?
And can you suggest a better panel?
I tried CyberPanel and Plesk for now.
In order to provide help to you a litte more information is required:
  1. Which OS are you using CyberPanel with?
  2. What is the FTP server that was installed with CyberPanel or which FTP server have you installed (if you installed it manually)?
  3. Have you checked the FTP server logs for errors (error logs are usually in /var/log)?
  4. Have you changed any configurations that belong to CyberPanel, the FTP server and all its services? If yes, what exactly did you do?

It would be great if you could answer the questions above and provide more information by doing so.

Thank you.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I do not know about this panel, but it may be due to a firewall.
It is best to first check your firewall and open the ports that this panel needs.
Do not forget that other software may prevent ftp from being connected. Check out .
Thanks Post4VPS
(06-15-2019, 08:17 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: In order to provide help to you a litte more information is required:
  1. Which OS are you using CyberPanel with?
  2. What is the FTP server that was installed with CyberPanel or which FTP server have you installed (if you installed it manually)?
  3. Have you checked the FTP server logs for errors (error logs are usually in /var/log)?
  4. Have you changed any configurations that belong to CyberPanel, the FTP server and all its services? If yes, what exactly did you do?

It would be great if you could answer the questions above and provide more information by doing so.

Thank you.

CentOS 7
Installed with CyberPanel
No but i can send ss if you told me the exact file
[root@Post4VPS-Dallas ~]# cd /var/log
[root@Post4VPS-Dallas log]# ls
btmp           dmesg      gdm              journal  pureftpd.log  samba     wtmp     yum.log-20190322
btmp-20190601  firewalld  installLogs.txt  lastlog  redis         tallylog  yum.log
[root@Post4VPS-Dallas log]#
No I didn't
The way it looks like, CyberPanel is using PureFTPD as its FTP server. That is at least hinted by the log file pureftpd.log in the /var/log directory.

Can you post the content of /var/log/pureftpd.log here? Thanks.

I also support @hamed suggestion to look into the firewall. Can you post all rules your firewall has set? As far as I remember CentOS 7 is using firewalld. You can use the commands below to get all rules:
firewall-cmd --direct --get-all-chains
firewall-cmd --direct --get-all-rules
or
sudo firewall-cmd --list-all-zones

Can you also please post the output of the following command:
netstat -tulpen

One last question. What happens if you run the two commands below?
systemctl restart pure-ftpd
systemctl status pure-ftpd

I'm excited to see the results.

P.S.: You can use https://termbin.com/ to directly paste content of files to a online pastebin service. Screenshots aren't always helpful because some code might be cut of, linebreaks make it annoying to read and etc. Alternatively you could download the file via SFTP and paste the content directly to pastebin.com or a similar service.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-13-2020, 09:50 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting