arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MySQL not connecting?
Hold on there before you get the topic locked!

If you’re trying to use remote sql, then I highly recommend using heliohost. They are completely free and they allow the use of remote sql. All you have to do is create the mysql db, create a mysql user, add the user to the db. Then head to the remote sql section in cPanel and add “%”. That’s it!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
I can use it on my current shared hosting? @ikk157
I mean i use my current shared hosting (which is not heliohost) and use heliohost as MySQL Hosting only?
(01-13-2020, 06:51 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: I can use it on my current shared hosting? @ikk157
I mean i use my current shared hosting (which is not heliohost) and use heliohost as MySQL Hosting only?

Yes indeed. Just follow my instructions above on how to enable remote sql and it should work!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Based on your selections I recommend you start on the Johnny server, but it is currently full. You will need to wait 14 hours and 58 minutes for signups to reopen.
Ricky Johnny Tommy
MySQL ✓ ✓ ✓
Full Full Full
Weird, they are all with right mark and i have to wait 14 hours xd
(01-14-2020, 09:03 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Based on your selections I recommend you start on the Johnny server, but it is currently full. You will need to wait 14 hours and 58 minutes for signups to reopen.
Ricky Johnny Tommy
MySQL ✓ ✓ ✓
Full Full Full

Well since heliohost is a completely free non-profit (they don’t have paid plans), it’s hard for them to keep on squeezing more and more users. Hence, they only allow a set amount of sign ups per day at 0UTC. Ideally you’d want to go to their “Tommy” server as it’s the best of the best, but its sign ups run out faster due to that fact. Then comes “Ricky”. And finally “Johnny” which is their slowest server due to it being more focused on people experimenting rather than using something for production.

So really all you have to do is go to the server selection page a few minutes before 0UTC, then spam refresh until the sign ups open and quickly choose “Tommy”. It’s not as hard as it sounds, trust me!

If you don’t feel like waiting, they do allow you to get a Tommy invite by simply donating $1 by paypal and mentioning the transaction id in their forum. Since they run only on donations. For a matter of fact, they’ve been loosing money for the past few years since they’re not getting enough donations to compensate for what they’re paying to keep heliohost up and running. However, the admins specifically said on several occasions that they are ready to lose money to keep it going.
(01-14-2020, 09:03 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Based on your selections I recommend you start on the Johnny server, but it is currently full. You will need to wait 14 hours and 58 minutes for signups to reopen.
Ricky Johnny Tommy
MySQL ✓ ✓ ✓
Full Full Full

I've already posted my opinion on HelioHost's hosting in a previous thread on this board, and given that I'd like to save you the trouble of going down that route, here is my advice.

Unless you're really (and I mean REALLY) needing that remote MySQL connection, I would advise against using it in general. The reason is simply the latency that will penalize your whole web site loading time, leading to a very bad user experience.

BUT, if you really don't mind that, then I will advice against using the remote MySQL feature of Heliohost's Johnny server. That server isn't meant for production but an entry level to get people on board with that otherwise sympathetic service.

Why you ask?... I've previously tested hosting my WebApps there (on Johnny) and the load time was a disaster!... The server is fine for testing/development needs but absolutely not for production. Thus, you're constantly invited to go for the others (which I can't judge for not testing them.)

Now, you're left between opting for Tommy/Ricky hosting OR just set that remote MySQL connection from your own VPS (and take responsibility for any possible abuse of it,) which is easy to set but you've got to know what you're doing security-wise.

Good luck!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Oh thanks for your feedbacks Heart
I will use localhost now for more security and to load faster, I cant imagine it slower than it is xdd.
Thanks everyone @deanhills close this.
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting