arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help in setting up IPv6 Tunnel on Huawei HG8045A router
Hey folks,
I just signed up for Hurricane Electric's IPv6 tunnel yesterday. I tried to setup IPv6 tunnel on my router, Huawei HG8045A after saving my tunnel information. I'm given two information sections "IPv6 Tunnel Endpoints" and "Routed IPv6 Proxies" . I went to the IPv6 tab and tried to fill in fields but I don't know what to fill. After trying to fill the information and save it, I rebooted the router but the IPv6 still didn't work, it only says "No Internet access". Can anyone who are using an IPv6 tunnel help me with setting up the tunnel on my router using the provided informations? I need this for development purposes and to connect to my IPv6-only VPS.

[Image: Screenshot_20200819-130950_Chrome.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot_20200819-131404_Chrome.jpg]
have you set it up on the router control panel? make sure also you made the correct settings and have not made a mistake.
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
(08-19-2020, 09:30 AM)OldMeister Wrote: have you set it up on the router control panel? make sure also you made the correct settings and have not made a mistake.

I tried to set it up on the router panel but I don't know what to fill there.
Honestly, I don't think the router even supports IPv6 over IPv4 services like HE.net IPv6 Tunnelbroker. The interface you see is not for the configuration of IPv6 over IPv4. It seems to be the interface for a native IPv6 configuration granted your ISP has native IPv6 or you are able to obtain native IPv6 somehow else. The router doesn't even seem to support IPv6 over IPv4 in terminal as I cannot find any hints in its documentation.

You can most likely forget IPv6 over IPv4 with that router.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
So that means I can't use an IPv6 tunnel on my router and have to get native IPv6?
(08-20-2020, 01:09 AM)Wolf20482 Wrote: So that means I can't use an IPv6 tunnel on my router and have to get native IPv6?

Why dont you set the tunnel between your pc and HE ? I understand that you have ipv4 connectivity... so use tunnel to get ipv6 and then you will reach your ipv6 only server.

I am also thinking that may be you can cook up some firewall and forwarding rules that will enable you to share this ipv6 connectivity in your lan. your pc will be the router for ipv6.

as others have said , i googled , but didn't find anything about that router that says it will understand the tunneling. these normal internet sharing routers usually dont...unless you get lucky and manage to install custom softwares on them...
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(08-20-2020, 03:26 AM)rudra Wrote: Why dont you set the tunnel between your pc and HE ? I understand that you have ipv4 connectivity... so use tunnel to get ipv6 and then you will reach your ipv6 only server.

I am also thinking that may be you can cook up some firewall and forwarding rules that will enable you to share this ipv6 connectivity in your lan. your pc will be the router for ipv6.

as others have said , i googled , but didn't find anything about that router that says it will understand the tunneling. these normal internet sharing routers usually dont...unless you get lucky and manage to install custom softwares on them...
It did provide me commands to set the tunnel on my PC, I tried to copy paste exactly the commands inside an admin cmd but it didn't work so I tried to set it up on my router but it didn't work too.
I tried to disable all my firewalls, not working.
There are some requirements for IPv6 over IPv4 to make it work of which some important are:
- a dedicated WAN IPv4 IP address that is not a CGNAT IP address
- ICMP communication must be possible to your public WAN IPv4 IP address from outside
- if behind a NAT the NAT must support and have IP routing and forwarding enabled
- a possible firewall shouldn't block the tunnel endpoints

As said before the interface you see is not for IPv6 over IPv4 configuration and I haven't found a single word for IPv6 over IPv4 for that router you have. There are some more expensive routers from Huawei that are probably business/enterprise that allow IPv6 over IPv4 via command line / terminal configuration.

While I have native IPv6 now I have never been able to use IPv6 over IPv4 at home because the setup of my ISP simply didn't meet the requirements.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
sorry..i assumed too much... home internet ip would be behind some kind of NAT in most of the cases and so you will have trouble reaching from outside ...

But I see two ways out of this.

1) Miredo is a Teredo tunneling implementation that can traverse NAT. But I have no idea about how to configure it.

2) This is another conceptual thinking ... I never did this though ...

What is stopping you from bringing the ipv6 tunnel home to your pc is not having proper ipv4 environment.

What you can do is establish a VPN connection between your PC and VPS and configure it to route protocol 41 encapsulation packets from your pc. So basically you are replacing career NAT with your own personal NAT that you can configure ....so now the tunnel goes from HE servers to your pc via your VPS.

I am very confident that this second option can work and securely too.

EDIT. you got ipv6 only vps ... that wont work... you need ipv4 on vps...

Also, if you setup such a tunnel to your vps or get a vps with both ipv4 n ipv6, then you can just use socks proxy[ using ssh tunnel ] to access ipv6 addresses.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Last Post: humanpuff69
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting