arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Laptop for Me
(04-08-2020, 07:11 AM)tiwil Wrote: @deanhills,
You're correct. If you import a laptop, you will not get any warranty on your region, you need to bring that laptop to the region where you buy it. But from my usage, my current laptop, which already 8 years old, have never been to service center.

@ikk157,
That laptop is actually very good as I said before, but ya, the only problem it's not available at my region. Do you have another suggestion? I still don't find any that attract me other than Swift 3 and Ideapad S340 actually. I really need an expert suggestion which benefit me the most with usage I post in OP :p

Why don’t you just import it like you said earlier? There are many courier services that let you shop from the US and will deliver it to you.

The way they work is they give you a US address, you buy the items and set the address to that one. Then they receive your item and from there on they ship it to you.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
I would say if I were you, I would buy the one from Lenovo instead of Acer.

Another possible choice is just to add more RAM and buy a SSD drive for upgrading your current PC. This should be the most cost effective choice.

@ikk157,
The custom costs is high. I already ask my friend in Germany either it's available there or not. If it's available, I'll ask him to import that to Indonesia and already unboxed, so he will not get any charge by customs. But, it's not, and I don't have any friend that is in US. Yah, looking for the available one in Indonesia lah.

@tryp4vps,
Do you have any reason specific reason? I find Swift 3 has more feature but need more RAM, so like I said in OP, I'll get extra 8GB RAM if I buy Swift 3. But, as far as I know, if I add RAM, the warranty will be void. Ah.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(04-09-2020, 02:42 AM)tiwil Wrote: @tryp4vps,
Do you have any reason specific reason? I find Swift 3 has more feature but need more RAM, so like I said in OP, I'll get extra 8GB RAM if I buy Swift 3. But, as far as I know, if I add RAM, the warranty will be void. Ah.

Because I remember I had an Acer desktop long time ago and I found that the power supply was not so stable, so the desktop could not boot up occasionally.

In my workplace I had a Lenovo desktop but it was more reliable.

So, overall I have a feeling that the reliability of Lenovo desktop should be better. I could be wrong though. Smile

My heart goes to Acer Swift 3. I already calculated the price between those two versions I gave and Acer with even more powerful specs still have a lower prices. I hope I can buy it very soon since I already have a green light to buy from my parents. COVID, please go away!
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(05-19-2020, 05:00 AM)tiwil Wrote: My heart goes to Acer Swift 3. I already calculated the price between those two versions I gave and Acer with even more powerful specs still have a lower prices. I hope I can buy it very soon since I already have a green light to buy from my parents. COVID, please go away!

I think you're making the right choice. The Acer Swift 3 is a great laptop! I know because my mother uses one on a daily basis. 

She has had tech difficulties in the past, but they were all quickly resolved at the local repair shop. 

I hope you enjoy using it as much as my mother does! 

Cheers~
(04-08-2020, 09:58 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I would say if I were you, I would buy the one from Lenovo instead of Acer.

Another possible choice is just to add more RAM and buy a SSD drive for upgrading your current PC. This should be the most cost effective choice.

yeah if the cpu and gpu is good enough upgrading ram and ssd is the best thing to do to make it faster and more usable . most program today already use a lot of ram because they are working with ram company to make sure make the ram usage higher to buy more ram . that is a little conspiracy that is true
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(05-22-2020, 02:35 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: yeah if the cpu and gpu is good enough upgrading ram and ssd is the best thing to do to make it faster and more usable . most program today already use a lot of ram because they are working with ram company to make sure make the ram usage higher to buy more ram . that is a little conspiracy that is true

Well, I would say upgrading RAM or adding SSD is the cheapest way to extend the life of an old spec computer.

But I am sure not all programmers are working with RAM companies. There are still many programmers, just like me, enjoy developing light weight programs that use as little RAM resources as possible. Smile

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting