arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nvidia is greedy as FK!
Did you read the latest news? No? Don't worry, read my summary!

So... I think everybody knows that right now the hardware market is suffering a huge short availability of the parts. For example, getting a Nvidia RTX 30 series is a nightmare.

Nvidia blames the miner community that is abusing of the market and buying every card to mine.
So what is doing Nvidia to solve the issue? Implementing a secure market where you need to be checked before buying a card? NO!

Nvidia has set a hash limiter to the RTX 3060 to make them less useful for miner and Nividia announced a NEW PRODUCT TOO: NVIDIA CMP CARDS.

What is a CMP card? Well, it is just s RTX 3060 without the hash limiter and without video outputs!

So:
  • There is a low availability of silicon needed to create the cards
  • Nvidia set a hash limiter to consumer RTX 3060, so a normal user can't mine at all (I mean what you gain is not enough to pay off the eletricity fee)
  • Nvidia uses some of the LOW AVAILABILITY SILICON to produce CMP cards and sell them..
Nvidia is greedy as FK because it is using the already low availability silicon to produce cards to sell to miner, lowering the already low production of the consumer cards!

Nothing has been solved for regular customers... nvidia is just expanding is market, offering a proper mining card
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Linustechtips actually made a video on this, and It conveyed these points accurately, I'd also recommend you to watch it if you haven't already!

Anyways, I personally think Nvidia is just being a company over here. They're not a charity, for a company they should not overlook such a money making opportunity, however Nvidia didnt want to loose their image for gamers, hence with this method they're killing 2 birds with one stone xD
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
My brother is starting a business building gaming machines, and he continues to run into issues with getting Nvidia GPUs. I think this issue is in part the mining community, but also Nvidia knows their products are in high demand so they are able to inflate the price and people will go after them. I think the other part of this issue is the supply chain. I know for some projects I am working on, I am looking at 8-12 week lead times on raw materials for these projects due to COVID. So in my perspective I think they are trying to capitalize on these weak points in our global infrastructure while pushing some of the blame.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
I think the main issue is you can't find a direct competitor for Nvidia when it comes to GUPs. This is not exactly my cup of tea but I think it has been a problem for a long time. I guess the next best thing is AMD GPUs but I noticed many would say they can't compete with Nvidia or they don't. So Nvidia does whatever they want knowing people gonna keep buying their products no matter what.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I don't know it could be onlyy me i actually support the idea of Hash Limiter, Literally miners has destroyed so many markets all over the world and especially in Pakistan. Before COVID and Lockdown, RX 560-570 was use to be so famous and amazing for its price, Now not only has the price went up like 100% more but almost every card is mined and dies in like within a week only. Alot of people has fallen for this, Paying like double the amount of card and the card dying shortly after. The card is not usually covered by warranty there is only like a week checking warranty only.
So, Coming to NVIDIA there is literally going a shortage till now due to miners because they have brought like every piece available now you see if they sell those mining cards the worth of 30 Series even will go down more than ever. I don't see anything wrong in that in my opinion. People will atleast buy NVIDIA Product, Literally Mining has destroyed people point of view.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(02-24-2021, 02:27 PM)Honey Wrote: Linustechtips actually made a video on this, and It conveyed these points accurately, I'd also recommend you to watch it if you haven't already!

Anyways, I personally think Nvidia is just being a company over here. They're not a charity, for a company they should not overlook such a money making opportunity, however Nvidia didnt want to loose their image for gamers, hence with this method they're killing 2 birds with one stone xD

Oh my, I just watched it and he like read my mind about the story XD

It is amazing how different people get the same tought about this issue.

You are right about nvidia is not a charity... but Nvidia know the issue and don't want to solve it properly. For NVIDIA is ok for their cards to be brought by scalpers and them sold for much more...
if the new hash limiter is in place and it doesn't really affect gaming or other graphical needs at all.
i'm fine with this change. i'm not a miner. and probably won't be anytime soon.
(02-25-2021, 09:17 AM)perry Wrote: if the new hash limiter is in place and it doesn't really affect gaming or other graphical needs at all.
i'm fine with this change. i'm not a miner. and probably won't be anytime soon.

The problem however is that, even if the given limiter does work, Its not really helping gamers much since Nvidia already halved the available silicon which could've been used in gaming gpus to make mining gpus.., and what's more is that miners are probably going to find some method to unlock the "limiter" as Its a bios lock, which is hard to overcome but not impossible.

Right now miners are very desperate and some are even hoarding gaming laptops for mining, so I don't think it would be long before the limiter is cracked.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(02-25-2021, 09:56 AM)Honey Wrote: The problem however is that, even if the given limiter does work, Its not really helping gamers much since Nvidia already halved the available silicon which could've been used in gaming gpus to make mining gpus.., and what's more is that miners are probably going to find some method to unlock the "limiter" as Its a bios lock, which is hard to overcome but not impossible.

Right now miners are very desperate and some are even hoarding gaming laptops for mining, so I don't think it would be long before the limiter is cracked.

Miners already discoreved that the limiter work only with Etherium hashing, it is possible that other crypto coins are not affected. Who knows, maybe Nvidia will release an update to block every hashing method.

I am still angry because Nvidia is killing the second-hand market of GPU and because Nvidia is forbidding the gamers community the miners activity.
(02-26-2021, 03:33 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Miners already discoreved that the limiter work only with Etherium hashing, it is possible that other crypto coins are not affected. Who knows, maybe Nvidia will release an update to block every hashing method.

I am still angry because Nvidia is killing the second-hand market of GPU and because Nvidia is forbidding the gamers community the miners activity.

Honestly, I feel more like the NVIDIA is trying to save the second-hand market by doing this. Miners has completely destroyed Second-Hand market in Pakistan, Every other card is mined and people are now scared to buy anything second-hand there was a time literally every post of seller was doubted that its mined. 
NVIDIA must be greedy but atleast they have taken taken this step of thinking something and i kinda feel that it is fine. What if like NVIDIA specifically wants the 30 SERIES to be for "GAMERS" only and atleast could buy the second hand without the doubt of mined? 

I think they will soon push an update to block every hashing method, I hope by doing this they just dont mess up Gaming Performance then that would be real messed up.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting