arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OAK OS by HUAWEI
(06-27-2019, 03:28 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: The usage of Whatsapp is not affected and it can run normally without Google Play.

As you may know, Whatsapp does force users to upgrade to new version every few months. This is the only time you may need to re-enable the Google Play Store for a short while for the Whatsapp installation, and then disable it again after the installation is completed.

Alternatively, you can download the official apk file from Whatsapp's website directly and install it manually. This is the way I am doing.

whatsapp does use google service like the backup function for example . it backup your chat history and media to google drive and without google serice that function is not possible . also for update there is probably oak os equivalent of play store but facebook putting whatsapp there is unlikely either because it bans all company not only google to use huaweu
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
[quote pid='27985' dateline='1561649295']
tryp4vps

The usage of Whatsapp is not affected and it can run normally without Google Play.

As you may know, Whatsapp does force users to upgrade to new version every few months. This is the only time you may need to re-enable the Google Play Store for a short while for the Whatsapp installation, and then disable it again after the installation is completed.

Alternatively, you can download the official apk file from Whatsapp's website directly and install it manually. This is the way I am doing.

Also whatsapp use Gdrive for backup. without google play you never make a backup of your app. and manual taking backup never fulfill you back. your active chats and group data will never restore as previous. and it is primary specially when you switch your smartphone.
[/quote]
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(06-28-2019, 03:50 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: whatsapp does use google service like the backup function for example . it backup your chat history and media to google drive and without google serice that function is not possible . also for update there is probably oak os equivalent of play store but facebook putting whatsapp there is unlikely either because it bans all company not only google to use huaweu

Wait... Google Play Store is only ONE of the many Google services.

Google Play Store and Google Drive are obviously different Google services.

Disabling Google Play Store will not stop you accessing your Google Drive.

(06-28-2019, 04:10 AM)sagher Wrote: Also whatsapp use Gdrive for backup. without google play you never make a backup of your app. and manual taking backup never fulfill you back. your active chats and group data will never restore as previous. and it is primary specially when you switch your smartphone.

This is not true, at least for me. I always take manual backups of my Whatsapp data to local SD card, and never have any issue about it.

(06-28-2019, 05:39 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Wait... Google Play Store is only ONE of the many Google services.

Google Play Store and Google Drive are obviously different Google services.

Disabling Google Play Store will not stop you accessing your Google Drive.

This is not true, at least for me. I always take manual backups of my Whatsapp data to local SD card, and never have any issue about it.

it is not the case anymore now most app use firebase that REQUIRE google service and since around 80% of apps use firebase most of them will lost some firebase functionality . if it just the cloud messaging part it is as simple as not getting a push notification but if it is a realtime database or the cloud firestore it can be fatal because the apps need access to database and it cannot happen without the google service . google is smart making the developer use firebase for free (not totally free ) to get developer to put firebase in their app making android much more need of the google play service and making android toward closed source because the google thing is closed source
Terminal
(07-03-2019, 04:22 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: it is not the case anymore now most app use firebase that REQUIRE google service and since around 80% of apps use firebase most of them will lost some firebase functionality......

You worry too much.

The fact is that my phone has no Google Play Store running since 2016. Whatsapp obviously does not have the "Freebase issue" you are talking about. Otherwise I would not be able to use Whatsapp normally in the past 3 years. Smile

I'm getting confused as a couple or more days ago I saw an article somewhere that Trump has given consent to some of Silicon Valley hardware manufacturers to export parts to Huawei. My impression is that Trump got hammered by manufacturers in the US who were losing profits. It's beginning to feel like a storm in a teacup. And in the end the ability to make a buck, and not lose a buck will decide how this gets sorted out in the end.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(07-04-2019, 05:51 AM)deanhills Wrote: I'm getting confused as a couple or more days ago I saw an article somewhere that Trump has given consent to some of Silicon Valley hardware manufacturers to export parts to Huawei. My impression is that Trump got hammered by manufacturers in the US who were losing profits. It's beginning to feel like a storm in a teacup. And in the end the ability to make a buck, and not lose a buck will decide how this gets sorted out in the end.

the reason that they get banned is because of 'national security' from their networking equipment but i think the reason trump unban huawei except for networking equipment because the problematic one is the networking equipment . the other aspect liek the phone bussiness it is fine . so it is great to see it unban because there is more competition and that mean more innovation . some rumoer also said that trump intentionally ban huawei to get better deals
Terminal
Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting