arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OVH Asia - VPS Recommended for Game Servers
(03-02-2021, 10:23 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: He doesn't have a website, his name is Austin and he offers VPSes on his dedis.

Let's say if we were to compare vs OVH, well he offers 2GB RAM, 1 vCPU and 25GB SSD storage for $2.5 a month. That's certainly cheap than the $6 at OVH, even if we say that OVH offers 40GB NVMe. For most people the type of storage doesn't matter much except the amount of storage as such. All the more my SSDs have much better benchmarks than those in the OP honestly.

Besides that he offers a 1 Gbps shared uplink compared to 250 Mbps at OVH. Let's say even if OVH offers dedicated uplink, still my friends network never fails as far as I've seen, also it's always 900 Mbps+

Moreover he's a sysadmin and highly reliable. Smile

Well, if he has a website I'll definitely happy to check the offer. It's a very nice offer compared to other provider. I was checking Hetzner yesterday and it has a 2.5 euro/mo so probably about 3.5 USD/mo with the same specs as your friend does. I believe the only different is Hetzner give 40GB SSD which is great!

I'm wondering how much he makes from his dedis tho since dedis is really cost big big money.

Well this is an OVH review page but we're talking about non-OVH VPS so we might get a little bit out of topic. But it might worth to try for another provider who's the cheapest and reliable one Wink
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
@tiwil ... Yeah I know we're going off-topic but I'll just make one last post here to wrap up your questions.

(03-03-2021, 12:05 AM)tiwil Wrote: Well, if he has a website I'll definitely happy to check the offer. It's a very nice offer compared to other provider. I was checking Hetzner yesterday and it has a 2.5 euro/mo so probably about 3.5 USD/mo with the same specs as your friend does. I believe the only different is Hetzner give 40GB SSD which is great!

He doesn't have a website he's just a personal provider .... of course you can go for Hetzner because he'll only sell till the point he's enough room on his Dedis which host his own projects too. 

(03-03-2021, 12:05 AM)tiwil Wrote: I'm wondering how much he makes from his dedis tho since dedis is really cost big big money.

Viability is something I've always been curious about however the last time I asked him he said that he doesn't mind not recovering the entire cost of the Dedis since he himself uses them. It's just that he rents the spare resources and that helps him recover a part of the monthly price, which is in a way profit.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Is it ok to Run game server on 100Mbps connection and 2GB of RAM?
I think it should be 1Gbps of Network connection and upto 4GB of RAM.
And it is sound strange to know that unmetered B/W VPS is totally out of meter and accept any DDos attacks. because these attacks is just like abusing situation for service providers and VPS automatically shut off after a continuous attacks. also make CPU's dead slow and unable to perform proper outputs.
So it is strange for me as i personally use unmetered VPS which is not protected by DDos and when i got attacks they block my access temporary and suggest me to install new OS and strict IP rules.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
how much you did you pay for it ?!
dunno why you pay for it since you can get great vps from p4v.. ?!

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

(03-03-2021, 07:23 AM)YOuNeS_Dz Wrote: how much you did you pay for it ?!
dunno why you pay for it since you can get great vps from p4v.. ?!

Not everyone's applications can be clogged into one VPS, I myself have multiple VPSes too. 

From the OVH website, the plan he's reviewed costs you $3.5 a month. (Source)
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(02-27-2021, 09:54 PM)sAmI Wrote: I have been using this VPS for i believe 1-2 years now and it really gets my job time and my uptime most of the time is 100%, Last year i got ddosed which was really heavy which led to downtime of my TeamSpeak3 Server only, I have noticed whenever i get ddosed the game server gets down but the VPS itself works fine like the speed and everything and soon it comes back after sending the ticket to OVH (To which they replied like a week after), They did some updates to my VPS which they didn't disclosed it i'm not sure why but since then i didn't received a single ddos, I usually get emails that a DDoS Attack has been start on your IP and it is being mitigated, Nothing happens over the server. When i frist brought the server i thought 100m/bit is not gonna be enough but yes it is really enough now and it gets my job done.
I also have a Floating IP which cost me like 0$ now, The first charge is 2$ per IP, Then it only shows in the invoice but shows as 0$ so it's fairly good for me. There is no GAME Protection Available but it works fine for many games though and against many stressers/booters paid ones. Well how do i know this one of my rival actually disclosed which booter he was using and it was really strong but it didn't work on my VPS though. So recommendation for OVHI have been using this VPS for i believe 1-2 years now and it really gets my job time and my uptime most of the time is 100%, Last year i got ddosed which was really heavy which led to downtime of my TeamSpeak3 Server only, I have noticed whenever i get ddosed the game server gets down but the VPS itself works fine like the speed and everything and soon it comes back after sending the ticket to OVH (To which they replied like a week after), They did some updates to my VPS which they didn't disclosed it i'm not sure why but since then i didn't received a single ddos, I usually get emails that a DDoS Attack has been start on your IP and it is being mitigated, Nothing happens over the server. When i frist brought the server i thought 100m/bit is not gonna be enough but yes it is really enough now and it gets my job done.
I also have a Floating IP which cost me like 0$ now, The first charge is 2$ per IP, Then it only shows in the invoice but shows as 0$ so it's fairly good for me. There is no GAME Protection Available but it works fine for many games though and against many stressers/booters paid ones. Well how do i know this one of my rival actually disclosed which booter he was using and it was really strong but it didn't work on my VPS though. So recommendation for OVH

It's nothing to be "disclosed" or "revealed". It's just that they enabled Permanent Mitigation. It looks like you were receiving OVH-Bypass based attacks from some paid booter website, which wasn't mitigated due to the nature of delivery and transit. If perm mitigation or VAC is enabled, they're heavily filtered and that's why it stopped. Generally, if there is an attack, OVH would automatically enable VAC, which would then stop attacks but if the packets look legit enough, there is no need to enable VAC. If enabled permanently, all packets are scanned before they're allowed to pass. This is what I love about OVH.

(03-03-2021, 06:47 AM)sagher Wrote: Is it ok to Run game server on 100Mbps connection and 2GB of RAM?
I think it should be 1Gbps of Network connection and upto 4GB of RAM.
And it is sound strange to know that unmetered B/W VPS is totally out of meter and accept any DDos attacks. because these attacks is just like abusing situation for service providers and VPS automatically shut off after a continuous attacks. also make CPU's dead slow and unable to perform proper outputs.
So it is strange for me as i personally use unmetered VPS which is not protected by DDos and when i got attacks they block my access temporary and suggest me to install new OS and strict IP rules.

"Unmetered" is a vague term. If any provider says "unmetered", it means we'll ignore how much you use the resource BUT if its sudden, or if its too heavy for our main node, we'll stop it. So yea, mostly unmetered to have limits secretly imposed. Those limits can be removed by request or special mechanism which would allow further resource based on request or legit use.

And no, get yourself that 100mbps server if DDoS is your concern. A protected server must be a priority for those running gameservers or such which are DDoS-magnets. Otherwise, if it's closed corporate management, or a small organization which isn't under attack, then why not?
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(04-21-2021, 10:55 AM)Manal Wrote: It's nothing to be "disclosed" or "revealed". It's just that they enabled Permanent Mitigation. It looks like you were receiving OVH-Bypass based attacks from some paid booter website, which wasn't mitigated due to the nature of delivery and transit. If perm mitigation or VAC is enabled, they're heavily filtered and that's why it stopped. Generally, if there is an attack, OVH would automatically enable VAC, which would then stop attacks but if the packets look legit enough, there is no need to enable VAC. If enabled permanently, all packets are scanned before they're allowed to pass. This is what I love about OVH.

"Unmetered" is a vague term. If any provider says "unmetered", it means we'll ignore how much you use the resource BUT if its sudden, or if its too heavy for our main node, we'll stop it. So yea, mostly unmetered to have limits secretly imposed. Those limits can be removed by request or special mechanism which would allow further resource based on request or legit use.

And no, get yourself that 100mbps server if DDoS is your concern. A protected server must be a priority for those running gameservers or such which are DDoS-magnets. Otherwise, if it's closed corporate management, or a small organization which isn't under attack, then why not?

Thank you @Manal for your detailed feedback. i am on same page as you that unmetered doesn't mean that you totally free to make maximum load on virtual machine. 
So my opinion is to providing DDos Protection with unmetered machine is much more reliable specially if we make a gameserver.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting