arrow_upward

[PENDING] Suggestion to move old sponsors down in VPS Plans
i would like to suggest that please change it as OP says here but please make an old sponsors segment there on vps details page and move the details under it. this would look good..

dean.. i hope you read this.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
OK thanks @rudra. Have read your recommendation. Will confer with the authors first and will get right on it once they've had a chance to study the suggestion and put their minds on it. Thanks @MahaloServers for making this suggestion.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Split @rudra's suggestion from the VPS Plan Update request - technically it's an add on suggestion.

@rudra This is going to be hard work.  As one would have to dig up in history and to do this from the beginning of time.  Not something I'd like to undertake unless you know of a way that would make it quick and simple to do.
Terminal
aaaaannh ..... ooohhh.... why is everybody around me suddenly making so much noise and in such an animated manner !! what did i just say ?

all i remember that i asked them to extend the vps plans page and add and old sponsors segment at the very bottom where the ex sponsors details will be put. you know. just to help that crazy historian who might decide to come and write a book one day on the evolution of the globally connected conscious AI with a chapter on the contribution of cloud computing to it with a paragraph titled 'VPS to VPIS , How the free VPS movements contributed to this one free avatar for every single human child program'. i never expected anything more than rolling eyes and some tuk-tuk sounds. whats changed ?

================

@dean
i hope you dont want to find a way to automatically scrape the old pages for the details. Then what do you want ?
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(02-11-2019, 02:47 PM)rudra Wrote: aaaaannh .....   ooohhh....  why is everybody around me suddenly making so much noise and in such an animated manner !! what did i just say ?
@rudra  I'm the only one who responded to your suggestion, particularly because you addressed it to me personally - apologies if it sounded a bit loud.  You asked me to take it seriously, so I took it seriously.   Tongue

The suggestion you made is a really good one.  It would have looked great to instead of modifying a plan for a new sponsor, to just copy the old plan down into an archive at the bottom of the plans, and start a new current sponsor (when it comes available), or to empty the plan under the current list. However since we're into almost year four, it would mean that someone would have had to scan through the previous sponsors in the Web archive.  Which is a very good project for someone with lots of time on their hands.  If you would like to volunteer, that would be awesome.
Terminal
ok. i understand now. i can not really expect for any of you guys to spend more time doing it. i am going to do it myself and give the data to you. it may take a month or so though. kinda deep into things atm.

thanks for letting me know.
take care
(02-12-2019, 10:33 AM)rudra Wrote: ok. i understand now. i can not really expect for any of you guys to spend more time doing it. i am going to do it myself and give the data to you. it may take a month or so though. kinda deep into things atm.

thanks for letting me know.
take care
That's awesome @rudra.  Now that would be awesome.  Thanks for volunteering to do the project.  Cool

Am closing this thread to avoid spam until rudra has had a chance to complete the project. If anyone wants me to reopen it in the interim, please PM me.
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-24-2021, 08:57 PM
Last Post: deanhills
03-12-2021, 11:54 AM
12-31-2020, 11:08 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting