arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PythonAnywhere - 100% free Python hosting
(06-05-2019, 09:46 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: quoting to @tiwil comment . Quote broken so i edit it

Yeah heroku auto sleep is kinda frustating and when it sleep you need to wait for the script to startup which is depending on the script can be long 

I was using heroku for nodejs hosting before but because of slow speed and auto sleep i use my vps instead for hosting the nodejs script

Actually, I found a way (if I don't tell before) to keep our script from sleeping.
How to do that? Just have an uptime robot to PING it every minute.

Our Heroku apps all got an website link to open, from that, we can setup Uptime Robot or other uptime services to ping the Heroku. I found this way from some websites, and it's working with my old script. I don't know how is it now.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(06-05-2019, 01:55 PM)tiwil Wrote: Actually, I found a way (if I don't tell before) to keep our script from sleeping.
How to do that? Just have an uptime robot to PING it every minute.

Our Heroku apps all got an website link to open, from that, we can setup Uptime Robot or other uptime services to ping the Heroku. I found this way from some websites, and it's working with my old script. I don't know how is it now.

last time i used heroku it worked that way . when there is no one accessing the site for certain amount of time it will eventually go to sleep and when i access it again it will boot the script again . uptime robot is a good idea judging from how it works . it basically acting like there is always people accessing it so it never sleep
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting