Problems activating your account? Send notification email to: admin@post4vps.com
Host4Fun Budget VPS Hosting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PythonAnywhere - 100% free Python hosting
(06-05-2019, 09:46 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote:  quoting to @tiwil comment . Quote broken so i edit it

Yeah heroku auto sleep is kinda frustating and when it sleep you need to wait for the script to startup which is depending on the script can be long 

I was using heroku for nodejs hosting before but because of slow speed and auto sleep i use my vps instead for hosting the nodejs script

Actually, I found a way (if I don't tell before) to keep our script from sleeping.
How to do that? Just have an uptime robot to PING it every minute.

Our Heroku apps all got an website link to open, from that, we can setup Uptime Robot or other uptime services to ping the Heroku. I found this way from some websites, and it's working with my old script. I don't know how is it now.
Thanks to HostDoc and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Give me questions I can't answer not answers I can't question. - Richard Feynman
(06-05-2019, 01:55 PM)tiwil Wrote:  Actually, I found a way (if I don't tell before) to keep our script from sleeping.
How to do that? Just have an uptime robot to PING it every minute.

Our Heroku apps all got an website link to open, from that, we can setup Uptime Robot or other uptime services to ping the Heroku. I found this way from some websites, and it's working with my old script. I don't know how is it now.

last time i used heroku it worked that way . when there is no one accessing the site for certain amount of time it will eventually go to sleep and when i access it again it will boot the script again . uptime robot is a good idea judging from how it works . it basically acting like there is always people accessing it so it never sleep
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin LNB-Hosting - Free Hosting | Powered by HostLease Media Group NL Pacific Spirit 36 1,755 06-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Last Post: tiwil
  SA-MP.me hosting - Free SA:MP server hosting! Melvin 3 199 04-26-2019, 09:35 PM
Last Post: deanhills
  Freenom - a domain name for everyone "Completely free" Melvin 16 415 04-26-2019, 09:23 PM
Last Post: deanhills
  Infinity Free Completely free website hosting with unlimited disk space and bandwidth Melvin 7 258 04-24-2019, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TrK
  Free VPN Providers Pacific Spirit 11 423 04-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Pacific Spirit