arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: Mitigation of DDoS attacks
I want to ask 

You build a Game Server, but you have a problem that your server is attacked by DDoS ( Botnet )
and, What did you do to fight the attack?

Terminal
botnets are a set of programs that are interconnected through the Internet that communicate with similar programs to perform certain tasks. Botnets can be used to store IRC channel security, send spam e-mail, or approve DDos attacks.
Terminal
Solo Developer
what thus this mean? i thought you will share how to protect vps or gameservers from ddos?can you explain more about this ? as my suggest having ddos protection vps is best ,
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

So what I mean
If you get a heavy attack from botnet do you do to prevent the attack from happening again?
Terminal
Solo Developer
Well I guess you will need to change your IP and maybe the provider too that's a cheaper way. If you are getting a heavy DDos account provider would null route your ip anyway in most cases. Expensive way is move your server to a place with multi layer DDOS protection.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Not as easy as you say!
I have tried OVH which it says they have Multi Layer Anti DDoS protection but they can still be broken!
Terminal
Solo Developer
If you have 2+ VPS or Dedicated Servers you can setup a GRE Tunnel (point-to-point connection, direct traffic elsewhere) which is another method to help protect against DDoS attacks. There are tutorials online which help guide you to setup your own GRE Tunnels on your virtual private servers and dedicated machines using Linux or Windows.
(07-28-2019, 10:00 AM)SRTerabytes Wrote: If you have 2+ VPS or Dedicated Servers you can setup a GRE Tunnel (point-to-point connection, direct traffic elsewhere) which is another method to help protect against DDoS attacks. There are tutorials online which help guide you to setup your own GRE Tunnels on your virtual private servers and dedicated machines using Linux or Windows.

I have 4 VPS and 1 Private Datacenter Hmm GRE Tunnel, I don't want to use it Because I don't know the function of this device!
Can you explain how the GRE tunnel can protect VPS from DDOS attacks?
Terminal
Solo Developer
(07-28-2019, 12:17 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: I have 4 VPS and 1 Private Datacenter Hmm GRE Tunnel, I don't want to use it Because I don't know the function of this device!
Can you explain how the GRE tunnel can protect VPS from DDOS attacks?

GRE is short for Generic Routing Encapsulation. It's similar to a VPN - It acts as a tunnel proxy between two points on the router level and ensures all packets are sent to the receiving point from Point A to Point B. You could use a machine with several IP Addresses leased as the front end point while tunneling it to other machines.

| Machine with several IP Addresses [Point A] | ----------> | GRE Tunnel | ----------> | Server [Point B] | ----------> | Reverse Proxied Servers (Nginx) |

Note that you will be suffering some latency when you establish such network but shouldn't be a problem with caching techniques if this is for a web server. Also, if security is a main concern then you may want to use something like an IPSec Tunnel which encrypts all data being sent through a tunnel.
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-25-2019, 04:50 PM
Last Post: deanhills
08-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Last Post: deanhills
06-13-2018, 12:12 AM
Last Post: arsalahmed786
07-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Last Post: OldMeister

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting