arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Dead Redemption 2 Coming for PC!
He would probably need a stable internet connection of about constant 20-40 Mbps, just imagine the amount of Data you would be exhausting every minute , frankly this thing is very expensive in South asia as @Honey mentioned.
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
Nowadays I don't play anymore, due to university but I still get some free time to do so.
The minimum specifications are just what we called suggested ones some years ago.
AAA games are becoming too much envy, well we are pushing new graphics but we are losing playability.

There is no way that I can decide to play RDR2 and do it on the same day: 150GB of data ARE A LOT, a 100Mbit connection take 3h and 50 minute.
8GB of RAM? Well, you just killed almost every old laptop and workstation.
Moreover you will be able to play at 25-40FPS on a ALL LOW SETTINGS profile. Why do I have to download also the 4K texture packs if I will not be able to use them?
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(10-23-2019, 08:32 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Nowadays I don't play anymore, due to university but I still get some free time to do so.
The minimum specifications are just what we called suggested ones some years ago.
AAA games are becoming too much envy, well we are pushing new graphics but we are losing playability.

There is no way that I can decide to play RDR2 and do it on the same day: 150GB of data ARE A LOT, a 100Mbit connection take 3h and 50 minute.
8GB of RAM? Well, you just killed almost every old laptop and workstation.
Moreover you will be able to play at 25-40FPS on a ALL LOW SETTINGS profile. Why do I have to download also the 4K texture packs if I will not be able to use them?

Lets be fair, RDR2 is very graphic intensive, and not something that you'd be able to play on an old laptop/workstation in the first place..Considering that Its one of the latest games pushed out by Rockstar, Its requirements are not really that high, but ofcourse that can't be fully trusted until the game gets released fully and even then I am sure there would be mods that will allow the game to use lesser ram(like reducing textures)
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(10-24-2019, 09:46 AM)Honey Wrote: Lets be fair, RDR2 is very graphic intensive, and not something that you'd be able to play on an old laptop/workstation in the first place..Considering that Its one of the latest games pushed out by Rockstar, Its requirements are not really that high, but ofcourse that can't be fully trusted until the game gets released fully and even then I am sure there would be mods that will allow the game to use lesser ram(like reducing textures)

If the game will be shipped with Denuvo... Also a mid-tier PC won't be able to run the game properly. 
Using mods is a little complicated because you will violate ToS of Rockstar because you will edit game assets without permissions. Any form of optimization MUST CAME from Rockstar itself.

The sad reality is that Game Optimization process and investments went worsen year after year, the need to sell the game and earn money doesn't allow a proper debugging and optimization process anymore.

Think about it: on older games it was already really hard to find bugs and low performance on day one and after months from game release, nowadays it is also common to get the "BIG PATCH" of the day one to fix the major problems.

On the first one to five month you are not playing the game, you are beta-testing the game for them.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
@LightDestory

Generally if the game ships with Denuvo you can forget any kind of mods unless they're coming straight from Rockstar, too. This probably also applies for most other titles that come with Denuvo.

Anyway... I borrowed the PS4 of a co-worker along with RDR 2. I played so far that you are basically out of the snow and so on... and gave the PS4 back the very next day. Sadly no interest awoke inside me after waiting for so long to play it. I didn't use my PS4 because a) I wouldn't buy such expensive games and b) my console is on 5.05 for homebrew.. so no new games possible.

No sure how it will be for this game but GTA V was pretty well optimized when it come a lot of years later for PC. I played it on a old AMD Phenom II X6 1055T and a Nvidia Geforce GT730! The gameplay way enjoyable after adjusting a few things in the settings, actually. It surprised me that my potato PC from 2011 could play the game with a old multimedia GPU like the GT730.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(10-24-2019, 01:55 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: @LightDestory

Generally if the game ships with Denuvo you can forget any kind of mods unless they're coming straight from Rockstar, too. This probably also applies for most other titles that come with Denuvo.

Anyway... I borrowed the PS4 of a co-worker along with RDR 2. I played so far that you are basically out of the snow and so on... and gave the PS4 back the very next day. Sadly no interest awoke inside me after waiting for so long to play it. I didn't use my PS4 because a) I wouldn't buy such expensive games and b) my console is on 5.05 for homebrew.. so no new games possible.

No sure how it will be for this game but GTA V was pretty well optimized when it come a lot of years later for PC. I played it on a old AMD Phenom II X6 1055T and a Nvidia Geforce GT730! The gameplay way enjoyable after adjusting a few things in the settings, actually. It surprised me that my potato PC from 2011 could play the game with a old multimedia GPU like the GT730.

Yeah GTA 5 was very well optimized for its time, and not to mention there were further tweaks that could enhance the fps on lower end machines even more, not sure what you meant by "a lot of years later" as far as I am aware it was only a year late, and they are following the same trend with RDR so hopefully this game is well optimized as well! Fingers Crossed
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
@Honey

GTA V for consoles was released in September 2013 and the PC version just came out in April 2015. Not quite "a lot of years later" but not "only a year later". The reason however is pretty well to understand and easy to accept (which would be the same reason why the game runs so well even on low end PCs and has 4K textures on PC).

For a PC gamer and GTA series fan the time between console launch and the PC launch however felt much like a lot of time...
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I wanted to play the game on PS4 but my is jailbroken and can't play games that are new. But the pc version is surely a better version with much higher fidelity with graphics and everything.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
I’ve tried it on PS4 and it’s a really nice game! However, the PS4 seems to be very limited hardware wise, so I can’t run the game in better quality and frame rate. Therefore, I can’t wait for the pc version and see how well it performs compared to playing it on a ps4!

Let’s hope my online data gets transferred to the pc version. It would be a bummer to start from scratch
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting