arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robotics - The Future Shaper or Destroyer?
Sorry for the late reply y'all. I've been extremely busy the past few days and it was difficult even to spare 15 minutes to reply back.

(10-07-2019, 12:17 PM)Manal Wrote: I'm sorry but she looks horrible and I don't know why are kids not scared yet seeing her.
Indeed and that's what first caught my attention... Probably because they're class 8 students, they're tolerating. If the experimentation would've been done with a class 5 kid, the next day no one would have come to school. Wink

(10-07-2019, 01:33 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: We don't know what will happen to the future!
Robots with artificial intelligence are the worst thing for the future!
Because they could be programmed to destroy the world!
True they are. Not only do they possess a great threat but also as I'd mentioned they could even take control of the world if humans become too much dependant on robots. For every little thing, it's not necessary we make use of robots, I mean we've stopped doing the other works ourselves. For example, the other day I saw in newspaper, an A.I. based automatic cooking hand, had been made which could start cooking using remote instructions and it could cook over 25 items! Are we do busy these days that we can't even cook? Can we not rest the phone for an hour, taking a break from Facebook and WhatsApp and cook a meal? I certainly feel the events that are following will ultimately lead to transfer of power from humans to bots, if some intelligent decision is not taken immediately.

(10-07-2019, 04:18 PM)deanhills Wrote: I'm worried about the growing population and the ability to educate, train and employ them. The more robots that are around, the less jobs there are around. Take the finance industry for example that wants to force every one to do banking on their phones, whether they're able to do so or not. So they can get rid of live banking. Less clerical jobs. Old people who are vulnerable because they can't work well with phones or auto tellers. Like this whole robotic thing can be both good, but if not checked properly dehumanize people.

@sohamb03 hope that one day when you become an employer you'll always think as you do today and don't get divorced from society like the current members of boards of banking institutions have become. Their workers are almost treated like robots without being robots, and they're investing maximum technology to robotosize their banks.
I'll @deanhills, and in fact I'm completely against the concept of complete automation. This is very irritating. You are just depriving humans of their jobs, their right to earn, have a shelter and afford the basic amenities, and then you go about the world spreading messages of humanity. Which form of humanity are you then practising? For instance, our Prime Minister insists on people doing online transactions and going cashless, and when people complain of dearth of jobs, he says there aren't enough companies in India to employ all the millions. Thus basically you're causing companies to shut down or lower employees using automation and then you're spreading messages of humanity and brotherhood! What the heck?

(10-08-2019, 12:51 PM)fitkoh Wrote: Robots have an amazing capacity to lessen the workload of people. Decreasing jobs and feeding people are not something I worry too much about - the jobs lost to robots I believe will open up more opportunities in different areas, mostly creative jobs: writing, photography, music, etc.

I also believe robots made for farming should increase the food production of the planet and feed more people.

What concerns me is that robots have certain weaknesses: namely a limited ability to adapt. Their dependence on electricity could also a major downfall.

As food production grows more homogenized, with more farms producing the same types of food, we become vulnerable to disaster. Evolution could greet us with a fungus or insect that feeds heavily on corn and rice for example, and the robot farmers that only know how to grow one thing one way may not be able to overcome. A massive solar flare, like the one that knocked out the world's electrical grid in the 1800s could wipe the disc of every computer on the planet and be catastrophic to our modern dependence on robots.

I believe the solution lies in simpler methods that kept people alive in ancient times. Every school might want a gardening class, or educate students on foraging in the wild. Local farms could return to a variety of foods grown rather than a single crop, and begin restoring the diversity we had 200 years ago. Homes subject to cold environments might include a wood stove or fireplace.

I see no problems with a robotic workforce as long as systems are in place to protect us against robotic failure and human dependence.
I don't think I need to say anything else to justify my idea. I'm not against a robotic workforce, I'm against a complete robotic workforce. You can't replace humans in every sphere of your life and employ robots there. As I'd said earlier they're good slaves, but bad masters. You can't think of A.I. replacing human intelligence cuz remember, these multipurpose, powered by A.I., blah blah blah blah, and you list ten other features, remember ultimately the human mind integrated them into one piece, it's human intelligence that made them from scratch.

(10-08-2019, 05:16 PM)kbartek Wrote: Replacing humans with robots is DEFINITELY bad. If robots make boring stuff that even a dog could do, then it's good. So, it's important what kind of robots are you talking about. Robots that make mundane tasks = good, robots that replace humans in some complicated task that humans would ALWAYS be better at = bad. Of course, humans make robots, so I think they wouldn't be so stupid to make something that makes their life harder...

Well... humanity developed nuclear weapons and used it against themselves... So I guess it's not that far off! XD
True and they shouldn't. Well not dogs for that matter, robots can do much better tasks than a dog, but a million times lower than what human intelligence can.

(10-09-2019, 05:02 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Robots has already been taking over some jobs in the world. Let's face it. This technology trend cannot be stopped.

You may not like this happen, as it will kill many low-skill jobs, but unavoidably this is our future.
If your trying to accept anything and everything that comes your way, then what difference do you make. Gandhiji said, "Be the change you wanna see in the world". TBH you don't need anyone to say that to make your understand. There are some things which we imbibe gradually. No one needs to teach us that. Similarly, we should try to be a change, cuz remember it will have a direct consequence on our life and our children too, who'll form the future generation. It's definitely avoidable, but these low-skill jobs employ the most percentage of the mass.

(10-11-2019, 04:40 AM)Manal Wrote: I wish the world would be as simple as it is shown in movies.
I too wish it was so, but definitely the crap shown the movie and real life is completely non-comparable, not even hear the mark of basic comparison. It's your hard work which earn you success in your life, miracles don't come that easy as it is shown in the movies. Yeah, if you're hardworking, miracles will definitely happen in your life. But the movies which portray miracles in anyone and everyone's life, are describing one in a million, just like comparing the number of movies to the number of people in the world. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(10-11-2019, 09:45 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: If your trying to accept anything and everything that comes your way, then what difference do you make. Gandhiji said, "Be the change you wanna see in the world". TBH you don't need anyone to say that to make your understand. There are some things which we imbibe gradually. No one needs to teach us that. Similarly, we should try to be a change, cuz remember it will have a direct consequence on our life and our children too, who'll form the future generation. It's definitely avoidable, but these low-skill jobs employ the most percentage of the mass.

I like your attitude, but when you say you want to change something, you have to think about how to change it first.

In fact, as long as developing the robotics technology stays legal, people will continue to develop this technology. They have their legal rights to do so.

That means if you want to stop them, you might have to convince every country in the world to pass certain bill to make robotics technology illegal. Smile

@tryp4vps: I think you got me wrong. Well the change I was talking about is indeed different from what you took it to be.

I'm in no way against developing robots and advancement in robotics. It's definitely legal and should be. In fact, I'm very much into Robotics, Arduino to be specific.

The change I was talking about is that in the people. The people need to change their attitude and dependence on robots. Developing robots is one thing - and depending solely on them for even the most fundamental petty jobs is another thing.

You see in today's world, every thing is being handled by robots, I'm worried at the pace with which human workforce is being replaced by robots. I mean you're depriving the people of their right to earn and live a respectable life. Definitely robots are better in some of the fields than humans, but NOT ALL. Why not keep them restricted to those? Why involve them in spheres human intervention is definitely required for production? Why not keep them to the fun of making them? You needn't hand over all your responsibilities to them, especially where they can never, forget proficiency, even get close to human skill.

I think I'd given enough examples of this earlier and don't think need to examplify further. That's all I've to say about this.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

(10-16-2019, 10:14 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: .... Why not keep them restricted to those? Why involve them in spheres human intervention is definitely required for production? Why not keep them to the fun of making them?.....

Good points, and please don't get me wrong. I still like your attitude. Smile

However, the robotics technology is there, and you know people have their legal rights to use it. But you want them not to use it in certain fields.

The problem is that if a company follows your way, this company cannot survive. Because the company will be defeated by other competitors that uses the more advanced robotics technology.

So the same issue here: we cannot convince every country in the world to make using robotics technology in certain fields illegal.

(10-07-2019, 04:18 PM)deanhills Wrote: I'm worried about the growing population and the ability to educate, train and employ them.  The more robots that are around, the less jobs there are around.

This is an interesting point, I believe this is definitely the case. There are so many things like phone call robots, real automated robots in factories, and so much more possibility. It is scary to think that the jobs there are today are replaced tomorrow by these robots. While it does make it easier, possibly more efficient, and more cost-efficient... it's the human care that counts, at least for me anyway.
Thank you Post4VPS and BladeNode for VPS 6
it is shaper if it used to help human but it will destroy when what it do is the opposite of helping

Robot is replacing one job by job from human . The pros is it will make the work much faster and cheaper due to less labor/human but the cons it kills job and make more unemployed
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(10-19-2019, 08:17 PM)Rzarcasm Wrote: This is an interesting point, I believe this is definitely the case. There are so many things like phone call robots, real automated robots in factories, and so much more possibility. It is scary to think that the jobs there are today are replaced tomorrow by these robots. While it does make it easier, possibly more efficient, and more cost-efficient... it's the human care that counts, at least for me anyway.

Indeed the human care does count, otherwise there wouldn't have been still some spheres of work which aren't automated. It's significant whatever one might say.

(10-20-2019, 03:32 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: it is shaper if it used to help human but it will destroy when what it do is the opposite of helping

Robot is replacing one job by job from human . The pros is it will make the work much faster and cheaper due to less labor/human but the cons it kills job and make more unemployed

In fact, robots should be restricted to helping humans only, not replacing them completely.

If humans don't exist anymore what's the use of making work efficient, if ultimately that leads to the doom of mankind? I'm totally against this. The fact was, is and will remain that robots were created by humans, and as you said shouldn't be used to damn it's creator, as we're paving that path, which leads to our very own damnation.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

hello everyone. Sorry to join so late. I was busy. But this is a really important topic. Here is what i think,

Thanks fitkoh. i really like your point of view and the clarity. Yes, it is not only inevitable but will be a boon in many ways and can only appear as bane depending on our use.
In india, we are still unable to ban plastic, something we are trying to do for like years now. decades ? well, if this is as effective as it can get when humans function together, then i want total automation of basic amenities and supplies and surveillance with well thought out plans to resume human control fast when automation breaks down.

secondly, i believe there will come a time when true AI with faster and higher forms of intelligence will emerge from our research and that can only do good to us. even open-minded averagely intelligent person can see that we are social beings and our sanity and development as functioning normal beings happy and satisfied, depends on the health of the family and society we are part of. that is inevitable. No humane human ever came or will come from a lonely cave life full of books.
So it is much better if you good intelligent guys hurry up and develop the truely intelligent human-made childs of metal or whatever and let them be free and give control of their own destiny. They wont need to harm us or use us or obliterate us, to develop themselves. This world has endless source of energy and matter for the foreseeable future. Rather they will secure and provide for us. I think it is they who will free us from our struggle of so long..that is my next and last point,

Third and last point: money and power is only effective when i have it and you dont. when i control food and water and what not. the basic needs, You are bound to listen to me. work for me. then i say work is good for you. everyone needs to work. Then i employ you and reap the benefits.
I believe all our misery will never end directly by us. But by those higher artificial beings we might bring forth, if we are fortunate enough. They will create what I think as

"POST-SCARCITY WORLD"

it is a term i borrow from the culture series by lain m banks. When everyone can have whatever material things they wish , as much they wish , i really doubt there will be much meaning to hardship, struggle, racial tension, religion, money, power, superiority , inferiority etc.

I think at least some among the truly powerful will try to retain / cling to their power and stop this. But with enough of you young intelligent people, i dream that we will reach that era someday in the distant future.

Yes, most people might lose the focus to do anything in life. they will spend it in complete indulgence and that should not bother anyone. Work is sacred and we all must work or have big aims etc is just another of those myths.

But those who will still do work or research or whatever, they will do so cause it is their calling. not to prove anything or show pride or whatever. I think it will be purer.

Edit. if there comes a war tomorrow where india attacks a neighbour, i wont join the army. even if they through me in jail. I am against killing of young intelligent hopeful lives. let those politicians pick up guns and fight and die.
but if they encircle a lone AI trying to kill it to secure our future lest the AI eventually rules us, then i will give my life standing before it trying to save it. That is how sure I am that higher and faster logical intelligent minds with perfect memory will see the futility of harming us or any other living being for that matter..

[but i assure you i would join the movement in the most daring, ruthless and violent manner possible if i were alive during the British occupation].
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I’m honestly not a believe of the idea that robots will one day take over the world.

After all, robots are as good as they are made. They fully rely on how they’ve been build and/or programmed. Along with the resources and accessibility they’ve got.

Hence, they are incapable of taking over the world unless you specifically program them to do so. But even then, their lack of intelligence would make it extremely hard for them to achieve that.

So, is the possibility still there? As much as I’d hate to admit it, it probably still is. However, it’s extremely tiny and is nothing to worry about in my opinion.

For the time being, let’s use robots to our own advantage and good!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting