arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Implementation of 20 posts rule
Quote:

@youssefbasha  Agreed.  I took this up with Dynamo but unfortunately it cannot be changed.  It will create havoc with myBB Forum to refresh the post counters regularly. Also the HMR script of before when refreshed took too many resources of the server.  So Dynamo decided to make it available to only the staff. I usually check that counter to check the posts, and if border line, I do manual counting.

If you are confused about your number of posts and you can't figure it out with manual counting, then you can always check with me hopefully well before the end of the month.  Although I must say, your posting behaviour has been excellent over the last few months.  I've noticed you make your posts right through the month instead of waiting until the end of the month. And you always make more than 20 posts.  I can understand the frustration with the counter, but at the same time am happy you're following monthly posting habits that keep you in very good standing with monthly posts.
Well, thanks for these awesome words Heart
But yeah there is another question being asked here for a while.
Quote:Also I thought there is a 4 max counted posts per day rule ? Is it not there anymore ?
While reading i didn't notice something is said about this can you confirm if this limit is still there or not?
Well i have the same issue mostly as @youssefbasha said.
i seek my 20 post goal and it's showed in post counter tab. also i count my post from Control panel and it was 20. but i got VPS power-down PM due to incomplete posts. it's shocking for me and as discussed and described that my two posts are removed for any reason and the post counter even the CP post manual count is shown 20. so it have to be fixed. when someone's post was removed the post counter also reverse the count. i just like any other member also do like with this suggestion. because this small thing i lost my vps and $100 penalty to reapply.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(03-06-2020, 11:35 AM)sagher Wrote: Well i have the same issue mostly as @youssefbasha said.
i seek my 20 post goal and it's showed in post counter tab. also i count my post from Control panel and it was 20. but i got VPS power-down PM due to incomplete posts. it's shocking for me and as discussed and described that my two posts are removed for any reason and the post counter even the CP post manual count is shown 20. so it have to be fixed. when someone's post was removed the post counter also reverse the count. i just like any other member also do like with this suggestion. because this small thing i lost my vps and $100 penalty to reapply.

With respect @sagher. You've been a VPS Holder now for how many years?  You know that when posts are deleted in the Forum you should check carefully on the number, particularly if you are in the habit of making only the minimum 20 posts.  On top of it you received the courtesy of TWO warnings about your missing posts before the end of February.  You only responded to the first warning two days after it was sent to you, and deliberately failed to respond to the second warning in time to make the missing posts before the end of the month.

To make this worse, your post behaviour for February breached the Forum rules. Not only were you hammering the movie thread with iffy posts to the equivalent of spam, but you got so lazy you just copied and pasted movie titles from other Websites without any discussion of your own. And then when the copy paste breach was pointed out to you you argued they weren't copy paste!  You failed to take responsibility for breaking the rule.

Now if you had been a considerate VPS holder who made your posts well before the end of the month, like the majority of VPS holders here do.  And you showed respect for the Forum rules. And responded as you should have when we did the courtesy of sending you a missing posts e-mail, instead of arguing it and ignoring the response from me.  Then this wouldn't have happened to you.  

So hope you are reading this post very carefully as the contents are never going to be repeated to you again.  You need to pay attention to Dynamo's PMs when your posts are removed from the forum and subtract those from the number of posts in your post counter. You should take warnings about missing posts to you seriously.  From now on your posts will be strictly moderated. Posts that are low quality will be removed from the Forum. Previously I was lenient. Instead of giving you a formal warning about breaking the copy paste rule, I tried to reason with you, which obviously doesn't seem to be respected by you.  So from now on if you should breach a rule again, particularly the copy paste rule, a formal warning will be given.  And if you ignore a missing posts e-mail again, your VPS will be powered down again.

I'm closing this thread for now.  If there is any member who wishes to add a response that hasn't been previously discussed, please let me know to reopen it.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (3):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-28-2021, 06:57 AM
Last Post: deanhills
05-30-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: deanhills
05-01-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting