arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung 10 - any thoughts about the new triple series S10 and the Galaxy Fold phone?
There's a BIG buzz going on in South Africa, as South Africa is one of the first countries chosen for launching the new Samsung 10 triple series.  Also Samsung made a major announcement about the design of its Samsung Galaxy Fold phone - almost like a tablet that you can perfectly fold and put into your pocket.

Here is more information about Samsung's Galaxy Fold phone design - you should watch the Samsung Video to appreciate what the phone will look like - looks as though real perfection went into the Galaxy Fold design - however cost will be rocket high - like the most expensive smart phone yet at US$ 1,980.  Launching date is 26 April:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/20/18231...nouncement

For Samsung 10 new series immediate release there are three versions of Samsung 10:

Samsung Galaxy S10 (the 10th revision to Samsung's S-series of flagship smartphones)
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (with an extra camera in the front)
Samsung Galaxy S10e (Lite version)

Here is an evaluation of the new triple S10 series products by a UK tech advisor:
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/new-produc...0-3680083/
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I'm not really suprised, the highest version (S10+ got another 2 sub-version, one with 512GB storage, other with 1TB storage) is 2 times more expensive than first release of iPhone X.

The one point I think why it's expensive, its storage and RAM. 8GB RAM and 1TB storage.

Who in the heck will use all of 1TB storage? Some people I saw only use over 50% of their storage with 128GB. So 1TB will a little bit too much.

I don't see their processor, think with this flagship phone, they should have the highest Snapdragon, or Exynos--their own processor.

I don't know who will use S10+ tho, it's too much for me. What in the earth will fill the storage? (Laptop usage for 1TB is OK because there's so many games that's more than 10GB in size, but how about phone!?
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(02-22-2019, 11:03 PM)tiwil Wrote: Who in the heck will use all of 1TB storage? Some people I saw only use over 50% of their storage with 128GB. So 1TB will a little bit too much.
In south Africa the price is approx the same as for a second hand car. Particularly in view of theft and crime, carrying a phone like that would be totally tempting to attackers. I can't see your average man in the street getting those. Probably more in the luxury line of those with plenty of cash and who like to collect expensive toys.

Mind you, if you think back in the times when smart phones were still very new, the price of those phones were also considered impossibly expensive but people still went for them.
Terminal
i have seen the latest features of samsung s10 fold series which looks really cool and the specifications is to awesome ,samsung died last 1 years in india due to redmi phones which have same features of samsung series and at low cost !
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

Although the design looks cool. I don't really that it will take off. Its just not seamless enough. I don't like that divide between screen, takes away immersion. I also don't like the price. At that price I can buy 2 Oneplus and 4 pocophone. I don't think its sustainable just for a tablet/phone design. If you want tablet experience just buy a tablet that's dedicated to it's working -- why combine it with phone?
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(02-22-2019, 11:43 PM)deanhills Wrote: Mind you, if you think back in the times when smart phones were still very new, the price of those phones were also considered impossibly expensive but people still went for them.

This is true and I'm agree. But I think that time, people want more "faster" access and have more feature instead of using old-fashioned phone. Then I think it's different from now. S10+ is really expensive with, not really reasonable feature.

A normal big screen, 6.4" with AMOLED display, pretty normal for Samsung's device (with AMOLED display). Snapdragon 855 processor, this one is normal for flagship phone. I don't want to talk about Samsung's camera, their camera is really good. My USD$200 phone's (bought 2014) camera is greater than my newest phone with same price (bought 2018). So 12MP camera from Samsung is pretty nice already. Then from battery, just a normal big battery, nothing special.

The one I think special is S10's resolution and DPI. 1440p x 3040p with 526dpi. One thing that make this phone special is, all thing from other flagship phone combined into one phone. But, STILL it's too pricey.

I agree people bought this because they have money and want luxury for this phone, this phone (S10+) I think also only target high-end user for nicer experience instead of low to mid user.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(02-23-2019, 07:56 AM)tiwil Wrote: The one I think special is S10's resolution and DPI. 1440p x 3040p with 526dpi. One thing that make this phone special is, all thing from other flagship phone combined into one phone. But, STILL it's too pricey.
You're right quality of the screen and colors have been much improved - but there is a price to it.  The Samsung 10 generation has a new Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED display* that apparently is spectacular 5 star (do we need 5 star?) - not that the previous models were bad at all - like S7 screen for me is already super.  S10 screen is HDR10+ enabled** with dynamic tone-mapping***. The lite version may get to be very popular too and am wondering how much that one will be.  

They also created improved features for the camera system for people who like to take selfie photos. The S10 has a punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera. They really went all out in improving the camera system.  The Samsung Fold phone even has a camera on top of the phone so you don't need to open the phone to take photos - this is in addition to a system of 5 cameras - like a camera probably for every display mode one uses. But again - at a steep price - and do we really need all of that?  

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Just in case there are others like me wondering what all these Samsung fancy terms mean: Tongue

What is Super AMOLED? Wrote:Super AMOLED is a marketing term from Samsung. It means a display that incorporates the capacitive touchscreen right in the display, instead of it being a separate layer on top of the display. This makes the display thinner.
Source: https://www.androidauthority.com/amoled-...ay-801135/

What is HDR10 enabled? Wrote:Samsung and Amazon announced the partnership in April. The two partnered for HDR10 back in 2015. HDR, or high dynamic range, is a technology that shows bright areas brighter and dark areas darker by optimizing contrast ratio. HDR10 Plus is the latest standard developed by Samsung that it is promoting.
Source: https://www.zdnet.com/article/samsung-an...s-content/

What is tone mapping? Wrote:Tone mapping is a technique used in image processing and computer graphics to map one set of colors to another to approximate the appearance of high-dynamic-range images in a medium that has a more limited dynamic range.
Source:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_mapping[/size]
Terminal
I can't think of any valid reason why anyone needs a 1,980 dollar phone. Except, maybe the person has too much money or someone who want to show other He/she has money. Even features of this S10 is bit of over kill in my opinion.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

looks awesome the full screen with the 2 cams within the screens.

but not my choice. cause the price is just to expensive for me.
Now technology have another era to move on. still it is experimental. but i am not satisfied with this type of concept. even if you have and good and affordable options like a 7 to 8 inches Tab. a 17inches wide screen laptop. even with touch and 360D revolving screen concept. so why why why mess with 6inches smartphones?? just make it handy as carry-able. and affordable too. the price is almost 2.7lac PKR. it will be equal to mid range car cost in my country.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting