arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set up and secure my VPS
(05-02-2016, 05:22 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Ok @TrK

What to enter in hostname , email and password columns in VestaCP ? ( Please see the attachment )

I am also confused between choosing a control panel. Which one is the best ? VestaCP or Virtualmin ?

Hostname - Name of your VPS
Email - Your working email
Password - Your desired password, take note use a strong password consist of upper & lower case, numbers and symbols.
(05-02-2016, 08:06 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 12:35 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Thanks @karatekidmonkey

I am just confused where to begin from. I could set up the VPS first with LAMP stack or point the domain to the VPS ? I am planning to use VestaCP.

It doesn't matter what order you do it. I would do the DNS first, so that it's propagated by the time you get your server up.

By the way, I recommend NOT USING A CONTROL PANEL. They may seem easy, but as you get used to Linux, the terminal is MUCH easier and quicker. I learned that the hard way Wink

true off ay.
i thought about something like that.
but a good panels still wins the race.

I am just confused where to begin from. I could set up the VPS first with LAMP stack or point the domain to the VPS ? I am planning to use VestaCP.

It doesn't matter what order you do it. I would do the DNS first, so that it's propagated by the time you get your server up.

By the way, I recommend NOT USING A CONTROL PANEL. They may seem easy, but as you get used to Linux, the terminal is MUCH easier and quicker. I learned that the hard way Wink

Well, that might sound interesting, but what if you have customers who don't have any Unix knowledge? Or you don't know how to set up mailservers etc. Mailservers are almost my greatest hatred in setting up a VPS. (dunno if greatest hatred is correct. Correct me if I'm wrong :-))
(06-23-2016, 12:55 PM)RickB Wrote:

Well, that might sound interesting, but what if you have customers who don't have any Unix knowledge? Or you don't know how to set up mailservers etc. Mailservers are almost my greatest hatred in setting up a VPS. (dunno if greatest hatred is correct. Correct me if I'm wrong :-))

Now your talking about something else.
For ur self:
U can try using it command line without web support
Customer:
New story
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting