arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sudden Downtime and Host change
i cant believe it happened! god i liked tyler so much and also he had good vps plans i waited a damn month for his vps giveaway and again. everyone proved it was a waste of time Sad
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
That's way too disappointing.
He just left because he don't have money eh? Way too bad.
His VPS 5 is really nice, but.. yea, he left.

And also thanks for the hard work you guys done. I got maintenance page when you moving out, but no problem.
You don't want to get any posts lost again, so you show the maintenance page.

Thanks!
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(10-05-2018, 11:08 PM)tiwil Wrote: That's way too disappointing.
He just left because he don't have money eh? Way too bad.
His VPS 5 is really nice, but.. yea, he left.

And also thanks for the hard work you guys done. I got maintenance page when you moving out, but no problem.
You don't want to get any posts lost again, so you show the maintenance page.

Thanks!

Post4VPS shouldn't have even accepted an individual sponsor. It is quite logical to understand that why would an individual person provide free VPS? What is the advantage for him? What benefits will he get as an individual?

Why do companies actually sponsor? What is the reason behind it? - To increase brand awareness, sales, marketing etc.
Pretty much logical, only accept companies to be sponsor that stayed in industry for longer than six months.
I usually think twice before taking a server from people are willing to offer too much. Nothing bad about these offers and I know they don't mean any harm. But years of experience has taught me these too good to be offers don't last very long. People get into hosting without understand how competitive the market is. They invest money before planing how to take a share of that market. After couple of months these providers simply vanish putting their both paid and free clients in trouble.

There was another member who offered high resource servers for free last month. It didn't last even 3 weeks.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(10-06-2018, 07:54 AM)Lampard Wrote: Post4VPS shouldn't have even accepted an individual sponsor. It is quite logical to understand that why would an individual person provide free VPS? What is the advantage for him? What benefits will he get as an individual?
Agreed.  He lacked proper credentials and his objectives were unclear. What made me particularly concerned early in September when all of this started, was when Tyler couldn't give a proper answer to @arsalahmed786 about not having a proper Website. @OldMeister also asked Tyler a few times about an AUP, which he neatly ignored.  He did provide an AUP eventually that was posted up with the packages, but they were only Web pages that were disconnected from a proper Website.  Technically Tyler lacked legitimate credentials as a VPS business owner.

Discussion from Shoutbox Archive Page 65 - 8 Sept:

arsalahmed786 Wrote:but why i can't visit your main page, is under development ?

Tyler Wrote:There is no main page.

chanalku91 Wrote:lol

Tyler Wrote:shhh
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(10-06-2018, 07:54 AM)Lampard Wrote: ....... Pretty much logical, only accept companies to be sponsor that stayed in industry for longer than six months.

I suppose you also know that many small hosting "companies" are actually one-man shows.

So, it may not be good enough to reject sponsors just because they are not "companies".

But I do agree that we should only accept sponsors that have run real business for at least 6 months or so.

(10-06-2018, 07:55 AM)xdude Wrote: ...... There was another member who offered high resource servers for free last month. It didn't last even 3 weeks.

From what I can recall, the VPS 5 I got from Tyler lasted only around 2 weeks.

It was even shorter than that of the high resources servers you mentioned here.

(10-06-2018, 04:52 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: [...] But I do agree that we should only accept sponsors that have run real business for at least 6 months or so.

Well said and agreed.  Usually a Website is a good source of legitimacy - like one that's been around for a while, enough that it has generated some genuine reviews.

Having said this however, I liked Tyler.  I think he was genuine in wanting to provide quality hosting to the members, however didn't have the resources to do so.  I may be wrong, but I think he used to be successful in the past (with elpishost.com) in providing hosting particularly for games, and that maybe that business had gone under a few years ago.  From the discussions he had in the Shoutbox, looked as though he knew what he was talking about and wanted to help members.  Maybe he was trying to get the old business up and running again (or reliving his happier memories of it) and maybe the whole thing boomeranged on him. I'm almost certain he still has many connections in the industry who respect him, but just not the resources he needed to be a sponsor of post4vps.  Offsetting silver lining is all of the posts and discussions it generated for post4vps.  So it couldn't have been a complete loss for us.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@tryp4vps

I was talking about guy who offered 8GB Server before this Tyler. It happened in August I think not last month. He was offering too many big vps and then suddenly all gone. In Hosting business if something looks too good to be true then it is true good to be true.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(10-07-2018, 02:36 PM)xdude Wrote: @tryp4vps

I was talking about guy who offered 8GB Server before this Tyler. It happened in August I think not last month. He was offering too many big vps and then suddenly all gone. In Hosting business if something looks too good to be true then it is true good to be true.

I guess xdude is talking about Nathan fletcher who claimed to have his own data center and was running a a website with name coderedhosting he also claimed that he has his business registered in Australia but who knows.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
@xdude and @TrK,

HAHAHA, that one is Coderedhosting I know,
Nathan, after he says he want to have panel, he gone and then the service also gone. I also disappointed with him, and Tyler too, because seems they provide nice VPS, but then gone lol.

I also agree to not accept any sponsor, unless they're 6 months or older, and also provide some valid information to Post4VPS. So then we can know if they're legit or not.

BTW, unless waiting for cheap price, why not go into DO free coupon? (If TrK, Perry, or Dynamo still in school/college, you can get free $50 (hey it's $100 if you use referral).).
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-22-2021, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Dynamo
09-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting