arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Suggestion to make VPS Holder's List Public
I got suggestion about this too.
As rudra and Mahalo as said before, put sponsors list. But I also want to add another suggestion, give VPS holders name for the VPS will be great isn't it?

If we look on past giveaways, there is some admins mistake including a VPS 9 on giveaway list. First, admin include VPS 9. Then they remove it from the list. I'm very confused that time, is the VPS 9 users are real or what?

Then I also have my VPS 8 (on the past) listed on giveaway list too. If admin give the list of VPS holders, someone can also give notice too if there is some giveaway mistake by admin.

Hope you understand.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
OK thanks for the additional suggestion @tiwil. Personally I wonder about being too open with all of the VPS information publicly. Like we do announce the winners at the end of the Giveaways and that from a public point of view should be enough. I may suggest when this topic is discussed by the staff, to make this information available to VPS holders, VIP members, sponsors and staff only - a restricted group. That may be a workable solution to your suggestion, depending on how @Dynamo and other staff feel about this.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Public VPS Holders list is not a bad idea IMO. Or having a list of previous and current holders of each VPS. This way we might able to get more information about personal experience of each vps. After all these are not private stuff since most of us show which vps we use right now. But this will need couple of new pages so it gonna be extra work for staff. If it's too much then can make its members eyes only. Smile

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(02-09-2019, 08:20 AM)xdude Wrote: Public VPS Holders list is not a bad idea IMO. Or having a list of previous and current holders of each VPS. This way we might able to get more information about personal experience of each vps. After all these are not private stuff since most of us show which vps we use right now. But this will need couple of new pages so it gonna be extra work for staff. If it's too much then can make its members eyes only. Smile

for personal experience there is a review subforum and vps holder is required to make vps review and yes it isnt private since the holder have vps holder badge that shows what vps they are using so it totally isnt a bad idea . for that extra work there is 2 way to acomplish this . fetch the vps holder from the database or the admin that find what vps holder are using
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(02-09-2019, 07:50 AM)deanhills Wrote: Like we do announce the winners at the end of the Giveaways and that from a public point of view should be enough.

True, but this is not enough. We only know who win and have the VPS by that month. But we will not know if he still have the VPS in the next month or not.

And as others users said, it's not a private information. We also have new requirement to give reviews on every VPS we got.
(02-09-2019, 07:50 AM)deanhills Wrote: ..... I may suggest when this topic is discussed by the staff, to make this information available to VPS holders, VIP members, sponsors and staff only - a restricted group....

Good suggestion as I think it is a good balance.

If possible, I would further suggest to make this information available also to all who have done over 20 posts in the past month.

So, for those who just like to post, they can still see the list even if they do not apply for any VPS.

And for new members who plan to apply for a VPS, it is likely they should have made more than 20 posts right before their applications, and hence they can also see the list before they actually win any VPS.

(02-10-2019, 05:39 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Good suggestion as I think it is a good balance.

If possible, I would further suggest to make this information available also to all who have done over 20 posts in the past month.

So, for those who just like to post, they can still see the list even if they do not apply for any VPS.

And for new members who plan to apply for a VPS, it is likely they should have made more than 20 posts right before their applications, and hence they can also see the list before they actually win any VPS.

that is also a great idea probably the query for the user that can use the fature lis like more or less look like
SELECT * FROM USERS where !(`role` = member OR `role` = guest)  OR `monthlypostcount` > 20
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Suggestion for making VPS Holder's list public is split from VPS Plan update request as it's an add on suggestion.

@tiwil & @xdude I'll submit @tiwil's suggestion to @Dynamo whether we can make the VPS holders list available to a restricted group of members.  But that is as far as I'm prepared to go with additional work.  

Please note when I took on the job as Giveaway Manager my objective was to reduce the tasks of the Giveaway Manager so that it would become easy for every one else to do the job as well. If the list is already there and we can redistribute it with ease and @Dynamo is OK with it, then I'm all for it.  But to create new lists and links distracts from my mission of reducing the tasks of the Giveaway Manager.  

If all of the information is already publicly available, then it's easy for members to do their own research.  That's what I did before I applied for VPS 9.  I went through the VPS Plans first, then checked the reviews for a couple of years back, and then checked the giveaways.  Probably good to have had that experience instead of being spoonfed all of the info, as I learned a lot about the VPSs, the members and post4vps that way.
Terminal
(02-11-2019, 12:55 PM)deanhills Wrote: @tiwil Can you please stick with the topic here. We have a different thread for updating the VPS plans. This topic is about making the VPS holders list public. If you want to comment on how the list should be updated, please feel free to comment on the topic that was created for the suggestion.

Think you should reread my comment. As I clearly said and give my opinion about collecting VPS holders's VPS by instruct them to PM you instead of collecting VPS they have by your own hand.

Because in the past posts, you write it will disturb your works as giveaway manager when you handle this. So then I wanted to give my opinion about creating more easier way to collect user information.
(02-11-2019, 12:59 PM)tiwil Wrote: Think you should reread my comment. As I clearly said and give my opinion about collecting VPS holders's VPS by instruct them to PM you instead of collecting VPS they have by your own hand.

Because in the past posts, you write it will disturb your works as giveaway manager when you handle this. So then I wanted to give my opinion about creating more easier way to collect user information.
Apologies if there has been a miscommunication on my part.  If you check my comment above directly after you made your suggestion about the VPS holders list you will note that I responded positively as it's basically a very good suggestion. It's not a decision for me to make however, it's up to @Dynamo to decide.  I'll submit your suggestion to him for a decision.  

Please note the comment about extra work mostly referred to the suggestions made by others that added on work over and above that which is already being performed.  This didn't refer to your above suggestion as there was no suggestion by you for extra work to be made.  This referred to suggestions by others.  If we can use the existing VPS Holder list, there is obviously no extra work to what we're already doing.  We have to keep the list up to date as it's basically a hands-on "work-in-progress" list for the Admin. The part where the additional work came in was when other members suggested that we add historic data which would have meant someone working through history.  Your suggestion for volunteers is obviously a good one.  Hopefully the volunteers will come forward on their own volition.

But for now, in this thread, hope we can stick with me asking @Dynamo to decide on whether the VPS holders list should be made public. To be included with the Plans.
Terminal
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting