arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best Editor for Python ?
Anyone here who has been seriously in to Python ? I like to know what's your IED and why do you prefer it over other editors. Right now Im using PyCharm and its seems eating up lots and lots of memory. Im thinking about Visual Studio code maybe its better ? I have read plenty of articles about this on Google and many videos on Youtube too. So what I like to hear is your person experience about those 2 editors or any other.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Wtf Visual Studio Code? That's worse that PyCharm. I think PyCharm is best for it's functionality and usability but it can be a Hog since it can take up lots of resources. I suggest using IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate with the Python plugin. See if you like it. Personally I use PyCharm on my Mac and its running well (can be because of pro tho)
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Why do you think Visual Studio Code is worse than PyCharm ? Did you use it before ? What are the problems you encountered with this editor ? I thought about it because it has good support not just for Python but also many other coding languages and personally for me HTML, Java, Java Script and Node.js support. It does support PHP too but not fully. Java / Node.js developers seems love this editor. Also I found its faster than PyCharm. Small in size wise too.

From a quick google search, I'd recommend PyCharm just because Its been developed by JetBrains.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(05-29-2019, 09:24 AM)Honey Wrote: From a quick google search, I'd recommend PyCharm just because Its been developed by JetBrains.

That's what Google for you. But sadly what Google says is not always true. That's why I asked for personal experience here. It seems there aren't many who has hands-on experience in Python here. Even though I noticed many talked about it in several threads.  I have used PyCharm. It's good, but not because it's developed by JetBrans but it's a full package. But it's too much for an average developer. PyCharm is an enterprise level tool. The downside is because of its nature of the tool pyCharm need lots of power. It can make a normal desktop pc slow. Plus memory usage. So far from what I have figured, VS Code is better for smaller projects.

(06-19-2019, 03:44 AM)xdude Wrote: That's what Google for you. But sadly what Google says is not always true. That's why I asked for personal experience here. It seems there aren't many who has hands-on experience in Python here. Even though I noticed many talked about it in several threads.  I have used PyCharm. It's good, but not because it's developed by JetBrans but it's a full package. But it's too much for an average developer. PyCharm is an enterprise level tool. The downside is because of its nature of the tool pyCharm need lots of power. It can make a normal desktop pc slow. Plus memory usage. So far from what I have figured, VS Code is better for smaller projects.

Agree. If you're a developer with very small to small project, VS Code will be your perfect choice. I would recommend PyCharm too as it's pretty nice from my side, but all downside you mentioned are true.

Notepad++ is also a choice, but it cannot give you fast-complete command, and somehow, the "def" command is black, so I actually cannot see the "def" if I'm not set my laptop to brighter brightness.
For Linux, I recommend GitKraken, if you work with Git, GitKraken allows you to edit on their application, even it's not the purpose of their application, somehow I prefer GitKraken more than the basic text editor.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I personally like jetbrains products. works wonders in managing bigger projects. but it can prove to be unweildy for older machines.

Using notepad ++, nano or vim is ok too if you like. Light and you do all the managing and organising yourself.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I use Jetbrains IDE to do everything in program language!
Maybe you want to try?
Terminal
Solo Developer
Personally to get quickly up and running with a simple debugger, I prefer to use visual studio code. It is lightweight, quick to install and works flawlessly. PyCharm is great for mor serious 'work'. If you are a data science need, the spyder editor that comes with anaconda python is also great.
The choice of IDE is very personal and no one is better than the other it's just important that you get the work done.
I have tried several python editors and according to me a python editor must be:
1. Light-weight (Opens immediately ready to work) which PyCharm clearly isn't.
2. Other functions PyCharm has like immediate Django file starter without needing to open cmd and obviously suggestions
All of these are available on SublimeText3 (with the anaconda plugin and Django plugin) or Visual Studio Code (with python and Django tool)
All the required tools / plugins can easily be installed from the in-built features or with github as you see fit.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-30-2020, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting