arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Chromium based Microsoft Edge is out!
I've been hearing about Microsoft developing a Chromium-based browser for months now and Im excited its finally here now, thanks for the link, Time to download and take it for a spin Big Grin

I've heard its mostly very similar to the chrome browser, Lets see what Microsoft changed.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(01-22-2020, 01:06 PM)Honey Wrote: I've been hearing about Microsoft developing a Chromium-based browser for months now and Im excited its finally here now, thanks for the link, Time to download and take it for a spin Big Grin

I've heard its mostly very similar to the chrome browser, Lets see what Microsoft changed.

what they changed is the engine . They switch it from edge engine to chromium engine that used by most browser . This is bad because it make more chromium monopoly but on the other end it make edge much more compatible with more sites
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Downloaded it, tried. It doesn't seem to be my kind.

The best chromium-based browser for me is Brave. Believe me, I'm on Brave rn writing this reply and it saved 2.1hours of my browsing time in the last 3-6 months.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
I want to ask again
Because Microsoft Edge uses Chromium, can privacy be guaranteed like using Firefox?
Terminal
Solo Developer
(01-24-2020, 06:38 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I want to ask again
Because Microsoft Edge uses Chromium, can privacy be guaranteed like using Firefox?

Neither Firefox nor edge. They can't guarantee privacy as much as Brave can. I know this might sound as promotion, but I'm really impressed with the dozens of trackers being blocked on every Google/Facebook/any other tech giant website.

However, Edge gives you ability to control how you want to share your data. You can find it in your privacy option in the Edge browser.
[Image: image.png]
brave is a very good one. But my favourite on computer is ungoogled chromium with all the various patch sets combined. on android my favourite is bromite. they are the absolute best out there in terms of privacy and security. i keep multiple browsers. but use these mostly.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(01-24-2020, 08:30 AM)Manal Wrote: Neither Firefox nor edge. They can't guarantee privacy as much as Brave can. I know this might sound as promotion, but I'm really impressed with the dozens of trackers being blocked on every Google/Facebook/any other tech giant website.

However, Edge gives you ability to control how you want to share your data. You can find it in your privacy option in the Edge browser.

Firefox has been adding many security related stuff recently, they have a whole page in the settings dedicated to user privacy, built in tracker protection, an option to automatically notify you via email if your credentials end up in a data breach etc

Take a look at this page,

[Image: f7IHKvr.png]

550 trackers in just a week. 55k tracks since September xD

They also have different kinds of "modes" for data security.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(01-24-2020, 08:30 AM)Manal Wrote: Neither Firefox nor edge. They can't guarantee privacy as much as Brave can. I know this might sound as promotion, but I'm really impressed with the dozens of trackers being blocked on every Google/Facebook/any other tech giant website.

Even though the feature has been activated, I don't know why advertisements from operators can still appear on Edge and sometimes they often suck up Credits in my wallet!

Unlike Firefox, it never appears at all

Can you explain, if you understand what I mean?
I have set the privacy settings to the highest level in both browsers but that's all that worries me
Terminal
Solo Developer
(01-24-2020, 06:38 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I want to ask again

I do not think so. Probably your privacy data is sent to Microsoft instead of Google. Smile

In fact, no one can guarantee you privacy for any browser. Even if you use Firefox and you do not configure it heavily, some of your privacy data can still be sent to Mozilla.

(01-24-2020, 06:27 PM)Honey Wrote: Firefox has been adding many security related stuff recently, they have a whole page in the settings dedicated to user privacy, built in tracker protection, an option to automatically notify you via email if your credentials end up in a data breach etc

Take a look at this page,

[Image: f7IHKvr.png]

550 trackers in just a week. 55k tracks since September xD

They also have different kinds of "modes" for data security.

Can you compete Brave? Idk how long I've been using it Big Grin Also the HTTPS upgrade too. It also blocks Popups.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting