arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Chromium based Microsoft Edge is out!
Just downloaded and tried it on slowest PC on the planet (My PC Tongue), It faster then chrome it consume less memory in start. I using Opera since 8 years. And i'm still happy with Opera. @Manal Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! please i know brave could've been better then Opera now please don't compare. I might try Brave.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

So I just downloaded and tried it out on my school's PC Tongue. I must say that I liked the browser. It performs quite well on the low-specs PC and that's the major reason why I liked it. Besides the interface is good as well, and the controls should also get a mention.

I'm quite used to working with Chrome and it's keyboard controls, so I'm myself not gonna change though. But I'd surely recommend this browser to someone who's PC can't handle the memory usage of Chrome but is looking for decent browsing speeds.

TBH I never liked Opera due to a variety of reasons. However, I must say that I did use Brave and I liked it.

If ever I'm forced to change my browser for whatever reason, I think I got a new candidate added to the list of alternatives. Thanks @"Hidden Refuge" for sharing this. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(01-25-2020, 09:07 AM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: Just downloaded and tried it on slowest PC on the planet (My PC Tongue), It faster then chrome it consume less memory in start. I using Opera since 8 years. And i'm still happy with Opera. @Manal Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! please i know brave could've been better then Opera now please don't compare. I might try Brave.

(01-25-2020, 09:52 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: So I just downloaded and tried it out on my school's PC Tongue. I must say that I liked the browser. It performs quite well on the low-specs PC and that's the major reason why I liked it. Besides the interface is good as well, and the controls should also get a mention.

I'm quite used to working with Chrome and it's keyboard controls, so I'm myself not gonna change though. But I'd surely recommend this browser to someone who's PC can't handle the memory usage of Chrome but is looking for decent browsing speeds.

TBH I never liked Opera due to a variety of reasons. However, I must say that I did use Brave and I liked it.

If ever I'm forced to change my browser for whatever reason, I think I got a new candidate added to the list of alternatives. Thanks @"Hidden Refuge" for sharing this. Much appreciated.

Regards,

opera nowdays is basically just a chromium based browser . i used to use it as primary browser when i use windows for some unknown reason but from what i use here the pros and cons

pros:
-free vpn included (but sometime doesnt want to work)
-battery saver mode

cons:
-harder to install extension . need to download and manually install the crx
-history destroying bug (it probably still exist)

but the worst thing about opera is if im not using the browser for lot of time and there is an update it will REMOVE ALL HISTORY . seriously that is the worst thing that can happened and my precious history just lost because opera . luckily after that i switch to linux again and never use opera again . now i use chromium
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I'm running an interesting experiment!

I have setup the new Microsoft Edge on my machine, disabled all the usual calling home stuff that you can control (like in Chrome, Chromium and etc) and also adjusted all other settings.

And I also installed all addons that I needed such as µBlock Origin and etc. After that I imported my Firefox bookmarks into the browser and uninstalled Firefox. Like... this new Edge is already based on Chromium why not use it when it is part of the OS now? Can't be any worse than Google Chrome or many of the other Chromium based browsers.

So far so good. Very snappy browser. All addons I need are working and are available thanks to support of other addon stores. Bookmark import from Firefox has been smooth. Everything is working pretty good so far!
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(02-18-2020, 06:56 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: [align=justify]I'm running an interesting experiment!

I have setup the new Microsoft Edge on my machine, disabled all the usual calling home stuff that you can control (like in Chrome, Chromium and etc) and also adjusted all other settings.

Is this with Windows 10 Enterprise?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills you can check it with manually installation with following links :
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
and if you have windows 10 old release then go for windows updates to get latest updates.
Newly released edge is also works on windows 7, windows 8, 8.1 and MacOS
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(02-19-2020, 10:34 AM)sagher Wrote: @deanhills you can check it with manually installation with following links :
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
and if you have windows 10 old release then go for windows updates to get latest updates.
Newly released edge is also works on windows 7, windows 8, 8.1 and MacOS

You misunderstood @sagher. I asked Hidden what Windows he was using in this specific instance. I know Hidden has a preference for Windows 10 Enterprise. I just wanted him to confirm this.

But thank you for your feedback anyway. I didn't know that one could use Microsoft Edge with previous versions of Windows. So that is useful to know for this discussion. Big Grin
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills

Yes, I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1909 (not Enterprise LTSC 2019) at the moment. I installed the new Edge manually because I didn't want to bother around with waiting for it to arrive via Windows Updates. So far so good.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
This is a good news, I didn't use Microsoft edge till now, I like Google Chrome that much as I use it on my pc and android. Can some one explain if there is any benefit by using the new chromium based edge browser?
Actually now a days open source seems better for me.

Thank you  Sweet

Firefox remains the option for me.
i tried different settings but it's still not handy. gotta be honest i really find edge confusing to get into the settings. (got more clear after testing and testing)

though i have the idea edge got a little more smoother from last time i tried it.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting