arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Chromium based Microsoft Edge is out!
Hello Post4VPS Community

Yesterday Microsoft has released their brand new Microsoft Edge version that is actually based on Chromium instead of their own engine like in the previous Microsoft Edge versions.

To me this is bascially just another Chromium fork but this one of course has a big Microsoft touch / stemp on it. You can see it everywhere starting from the UI to features and even their own extension store (you can install extensions from other sites including the Google Chrome Store).

The update will be rolled via updates according to several websites. However you can install it manually if you like. Just go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge and download the setup. It is a small setup that will download the browser installer and install it on your system. It will replace the old Microsoft Edge in the menu.

More information:
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help...n-chromium
- https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/4/20942...o-features

Microsoft will most likely ship this as their default web browser in future Windows versions. I mean its probably actually fine and a great idea if you have a Chromium fork preinstalled already. Finally a proper browser already preinstalled. I can imagine its not going to be used only just to download another browser Big Grin .

Well, discuss here. Post your thoughts and etc.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Microsoft Edge has been very fast since the last update!

But I still think something is missing!
Like Add On and Thema features like Firefox!

And I'm also a Linux user so because Microsoft Edge doesn't support Linux yet so the reason I don't want to use Microsoft edge at Home except at ICafe I always use Microsoft Edge for Streaming Anime!
Terminal
Solo Developer
I am using since since the first beta came out, I have seen this little master piece growing up until now. Microsoft did a great job, the base the chronium but the fine style, unloaded process, on-demand feature is just the perfect combination.

Benchmark between Google one and this one seems to favor Microsoft's one. And I agree on that.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
@chanalku91

To me it looks like you perhaps didn't really read my post and the links I provided in it or you really misunderstood something.

The new Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium and supports all Google Chrome Store extensions and also extensions from Microsofts Edge extension store (extensions = addons). In additional to that you can pretty much install any other 3rd party extension from other store or manually with the extension developer mode enabled.

Unfortunately themes from the Google Chrome Store cannot be installed on Microsoft Edge based on Chromium. And the way it looks like on Microsofts Edge extension store they don't offer any themes. That seems to be normal though because it is a OS integrated browser that uses the OS UI and colors.

[Image: uEjxP5J.png]
I read some other comments from the internet and it seems the performance of the new Microsoft Edge is quite good.

From the download page, Microsoft provides it for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android platforms. Still no linux version available. As a linux user myself, I guess I will have to wait a bit longer. Smile

A release for Linux was hinted as a future perk on previous launch events for the new Microsoft Edge. It certainly would be really great to also be able to use this on Linux for a more Microsoft feel. Especially maybe helpful for people who are switching to Linux from a lot of Windows experience.

As this after all is simply another Chromium fork you can get used to it easily and will find your way around it easily. Pretty much like Chromium or Google Chrome you have the same settings just arranged and seperated a bit different.

@chanalku

I checked the theme settings and you can basically only switch betwene bright and dark mode. Also disable and enable a few things like bookmarkbar, feedback and start button. That's all.
Weird, my young brother tried to install a cracked game from am untrusted site on his pc and he got an application called "Chromium" too, it deleted some files and we cant delete the app.
Seems to be a virus for me.
Its logo is just like blue chrome and it looks like an old version from google chrome.
(01-17-2020, 05:12 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: A release for Linux was hinted as a future perk on previous launch events for the new Microsoft Edge. It certainly would be really great to also be able to use this on Linux for a more Microsoft feel. Especially maybe helpful for people who are switching to Linux from a lot of Windows experience.

As this after all is simply another Chromium fork you can get used to it easily and will find your way around it easily. Pretty much like Chromium or Google Chrome you have the same settings just arranged and seperated a bit different.

@chanalku91

I checked the theme settings and you can basically only switch betwene bright and dark mode. Also disable and enable a few things like bookmarkbar, feedback and start button. That's all.

Great news for me who is a Linux user!

But unfortunately I also need features that can adjust the theme!
Because on my computer, everything must have 1 theme that is the anime theme!

But for my work computer, I'm waiting for an update from Microsoft Edge that supports Linux OS!
Terminal
Solo Developer
I have never used Microsoft Edge even in windows 10.The main reason i never tried this is Windows 7 internet explorer. Tongue In windows 10 i had use chrome.But a week ago my friend suggested me to try Firefox. In chrome i only get 1.5 MB/s download speed. My friend suggested me to try firefox browser. Now whenever signal quality is strong i get 4 MB or more per second speed. I never tried the Edge but it looks like i should give a try to this. Its great that i can install the extensions from chrome store which will help me to download videos from youtube.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(01-19-2020, 08:50 AM)Rehan Wrote: I have never used Microsoft Edge even in windows 10.The main reason i never tried this is Windows 7 internet explorer. Tongue In windows 10 i had use chrome.But a week ago my friend suggested me to try Firefox. In chrome i only get 1.5 MB/s download speed. My friend suggested me to try firefox browser. Now whenever signal quality is strong i get 4 MB or more per second speed. I never tried the Edge but it looks like i should give a try to this. Its great that i can install the extensions from chrome store which will help me to download videos from youtube.

most chrome based browser support installing from chrome store . i use opera before and i can install chrome extension easily but at that time i need to manually download the crx file and install it manually . if edge doesnt need to do that that mean it is better than opera on extension installing capability

the reaosn microsoft use chromium in edge is probably they give up writing custom engine for edge . so it is better to follow the most used engine
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (4):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting