arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I can do on a windows vps
So I temporarily got access to a windows vps, and for now Its just sitting there cuz I have no idea what to do on it, Its from Google Cloud Platform so the speed is good enough, any ideas of what potential use It could be of me?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
For me, I mostly use it to upload and download big files. I used Windows VPS(RDPs) with 1 GBit connections from one of Shadow Hosting's node and it worked like a charm. I was actually migrating clients from the old node to the new node with files in GBs. Files were being downloaded faster than I open Filezilla and other programs necessary for migration.

So if you have any big file to migrate or store, do it. But don't use it as a backup because "temporarily" can be harmful for your "backup" files incase of any data loss.

Concluding my answer, my best chance would migrate websites(if you have any pending task like that).
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(07-20-2019, 02:15 PM)Manal Wrote: For me, I mostly use it to upload and download big files. I used Windows VPS(RDPs) with 1 GBit connections from one of Shadow Hosting's node and it worked like a charm. I was actually migrating clients from the old node to the new node with files in GBs. Files were being downloaded faster than I open Filezilla and other programs necessary for migration.

So if you have any big file to migrate or store, do it. But don't use it as a backup because "temporarily" can be harmful for your "backup" files incase of any data loss.

Concluding my answer, my best chance would migrate websites(if you have any pending task like that).

Yeah good choice, There are indeed some big files that I may need to upload to my server, It'll definitely come handy in that.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
You can set up phpvirtualbox and have vms in the cloud. It's a tool to run most os in the cloud, through your web browser.See setup here. I am planning to do so as soon as I get a vps. Then PLEASE  Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart  send me the link.
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-18-2020, 01:20 AM
Last Post: deanhills
06-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: arsalahmed786
04-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Last Post: RickB

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting