arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to change the Operating System to Centos 7
Hello everybody so after searching through those support threads i found an thread with a useful reply about how to reinstall my VPS OS (https://post4vps.com/thread-1549-post-14...l#pid14761) but after unmounting my VPS i couldn't find Centos 7's ISO to install it so please could anyone help me??? 
VPS ID: 8
Current Operating System: Ubuntu 16.x
Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Hostdare for Providing their VPS Hosting Services: VPS 12
(11-15-2017, 12:03 PM)Zorono Wrote: Hello everybody so after searching through those support threads i found an thread with a useful reply about how to reinstall my VPS OS (https://post4vps.com/thread-1549-post-14...l#pid14761) but after unmounting my VPS i couldn't find Centos 7's ISO to install it so please could anyone help me??? 
VPS ID: 8
Current Operating System: Ubuntu 16.x
not sure why you are trying to run cpanel or anything like it on centos 7 that would be prohibited if it is for "commercial use" as cpanel https://cpanel.com/ costs money and you should already know if that is your intention you might want to quit now, to avoid violating cubedata's tos/aup and the general "unspoken" rule of common courtesy.
Iamn't  planning to host websites on my VPS as my web template requires alot of bandwidth...  (Not going to install cPanel)  i was just going to run my Personal Game Server using Open Game Panel (not going to make a public host or any related things) 

Note: I am using 'cPanel' on my VPS hostname as an abbreviation for 'Control Panel' not cPanel Products (Advanced Web Hosting Control Panel). My objective isn't Money earning... I am just going to host my personal Game Server.
Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Hostdare for Providing their VPS Hosting Services: VPS 12
(11-16-2017, 09:56 PM)Zorono Wrote: Iamn't  planning to host websites on my VPS as my web template requires alot of bandwidth...  (Not going to install cPanel)  i was just going to run my Personal Game Server using Open Game Panel (not going to make a public host or any related things) 

Note: I am using 'cPanel' on my VPS hostname as an abbreviation for 'Control Panel' not cPanel Products (Advanced Web Hosting Control Panel). My objective isn't Money earning... I am just going to host my personal Game Server.

personal use is fine as stated before, commercial use isn't.
thank you for the clarification though.
Thank you @Ultraz.
Sir @cubedata is it prohibited to take 400+ MB (it won't exceed 490 MCool of my VPS 's RAM because of my game server's non-optimizated Script ?
(11-18-2017, 06:34 AM)Zorono Wrote: Thank you @Ultraz.
Sir @cubedata is it prohibited to take 400+ MB  (it won't exceed 490 MCool of my VPS 's RAM because of my game server's non-optimizated Script ?

the ram as far as I know is dedicated in xen hvm like kvm but here is a simple test to determine if something is prohibited if it affects anyone else on the node yes though if it doesn't nope. and you do realize you have 4gb ram right(which is more than enough for what you're running without affecting anyone... read my ram is dedicated to xen hvm like kvm comment above.)
(11-18-2017, 03:29 PM)cubedata Wrote: the ram as far as I know is dedicated in xen hvm like kvm but here is a simple test to determine if something is prohibited if it affects anyone else on the node yes though if it doesn't nope. and you do realize you have 4gb ram right(which is more than enough for what you're running without affecting anyone... read my ram is dedicated to xen hvm like kvm comment above.)

Okay sir Thanks @cubedata iam getting some problems during my Centos 7 Installion (check attachments)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-18-2017, 04:02 PM)Zorono Wrote: Okay sir Thanks @cubedata iam getting some problems during my Centos 7 Installion (check attachments)

I don't help with software installs sorry, you might want to google your error instead.
@cubedata : I think he wants to know if the problem is hardware related.

@Zorono : Try to Centos 6 or 6.5 and see if it works. Centos known to have network problems in KVM servers. If still it doesn't work then get another vps with OpenVZ from next give away. It's only about 2 weeks to next one.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(11-26-2017, 04:19 AM)xdude Wrote: @cubedata : I think he wants to know if the problem is hardware related.

@Zorono : Try to Centos 6 or 6.5 and see if it works. Centos known to have network problems in KVM servers. If still it doesn't work then get another vps with OpenVZ from next give away. It's only about 2 weeks to next one.

not a hardware issue at all, you just have to know how to run the centos 7 installer though from the iso as I mostly on the xen hvm vm's install them via iso too and know I never have issues  Wink
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Last Post: deanhills
03-11-2019, 11:18 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting