arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] How To Create Minecraft Server
Hello all. i got another tutorial that i want to share in this forum. long time ago i made a minecraft server. i dont remember much 
but i still remember how to set up the server.well lets start. first of all you have to download the server files.
https://minecraft.net/en-us/download/server
run the file minecraft_server.jar. and wait a little bit that it will download and create your server files
after the server will crash if you run him again. you need to accept EULA USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula
after you done reading the user lincense. enter Eula.txt and set eula = false to eula = true.
If you get an error such as "Can't save server.properties" and your screen fills with useless, gibberish text, then run the Minecraft Server as administrator by right-mouse clicking on it and choosing 'Run as administrator'. (You may need the administrator password to do this.)
How to create .bat file to store the commands?
To start the configured Minecraft server, without having to enter all commands every time, you can create a .bat file in the server folder. You can include the 

pause

command to tell the window to stay open after the /stop command is issued. Useful if you want to read what happened as it shut down.

Here is an example of a bat file:

java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
pause

Double click the file to start your server. You may get a "Class_Not_Found" and ServerGuiConcole error, just ignore these errors and you should see your "Server Thread/INFO" dialog start the server.
How to config From The Command Line?
Both the Java and the executable version can be run from the Windows command prompt/line with extra parameters to configure, for example, memory usage. As we currently know there is no command prompt for java on the Windows platform that will run these commands correctly. That however is subject to change.

To start the server, change to the Minecraft server folder (find the file path to which your server's jar file is) and open the windows command prompt (in Start, just type cmd and it should have a file name of cmd.exe), then enter the following command:

java -jar <server-file>

Replace 

<server-file>

with the server application file name, for example 

minecraft_server.1.9.4.jar

If you prefer not to use the server's Graphical User Interface (GUI) to enter administration commands, simply add the option 

nogui

to the end of the command:

java -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

Some people have reported that this requires (significantly) less memory and CPU resources.

You can also replace the 

java

command with 

javaw

. Javaw.exe is identical to Java.exe but there is no associated console window. This may be preferable when using a .bat file. (See the next section.) Note however that Javaw also doesn't show any error messages in the command window if anything is wrong.

Using the 

Xms

and 

Xmx

parameters, the initial and maximum memory size for Java can be specified. By default, your server runs with about 100 MB of RAM, which is very little. Most people will change their server to run with more, for example:

• java -Xms512M -Xmx1G ...java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M ...java -Xms1G -Xmx2G ...
Add in 

-d64

if your server is on a 64-bit computer using 64-bit Java.

Add 

-o true

to tell the server to run in online mode so only authenticated users can join.

If you have less than 1024MB RAM, the above line may cause problems with swapping and out of memory conditions, which makes the game hard to play.
Thats All As Far As I Remember... Hope I Helped You In Some Way. Any Suggestions to topic accepted in replys.
if you got issue Post Here. I Took Some Of The Lines Here From http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials...p_a_server
you can take a look there for full explaination! good luck to your minecraft server! hope it will grow like this community!
Regards -OldMeister
nice tutorial . the layout is better now and this is very helpful for someone that wants to create a minecraft server . i personally have a minecraft server and use that very command to start
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(06-20-2017, 02:18 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: nice tutorial . the layout is better now and this is very helpful for someone that wants to create a minecraft server . i personally have a minecraft server and use that very command to start
im happy to help. good luck to your minecraft server!
Nice tutorial mate, might be helpful to a few ppl, why not make a tutorial for Spigot/bukkit?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(06-28-2017, 03:53 AM)Honey Wrote: Nice tutorial mate, might be helpful to a few ppl, why not make a tutorial for Spigot/bukkit?

i can make tutorial to bukkit. soon i will make one
There is an automatic installer called "CraftBukkit" for Windows. Does anyone have tried it?
here is their website: https://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/easy...installer/
(06-28-2017, 12:38 PM)Dudi Wrote: There is an automatic installer called "CraftBukkit" for Windows. Does anyone have tried it?
here is their website: https://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/easy...installer/

what does it install? the server or bukkit?
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
Nice Tutorial..
but can i ask you guys ? why you guys like Mincreft ?

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

(08-28-2017, 08:56 AM)YOuNeS_Dz Wrote: Nice Tutorial..
but can i ask you guys ? why you guys like Mincreft ?

i dont know. when i started play it. i laughed with my friend and told him as a joke. "lets play minecraft and build s**ty stuff
then when i  build 1 building. i started to build more and more... untill i builded half of world... R.I.P
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting