Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up to 3x free IPv6 only VPS by EUserv
VPS Specifications of VS2-free by EUserv
  • 1x vCPU Core (AMD or Intel)
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 10 GB HDD
  • 1 TB per month traffic @ 1 Gbit/s (shared)
  • Network speed is throttled to 1 Mbit/s if monthly traffic is exceeded until the beginning of the next month!
  • No IPv4 IP address included at all!
  • 1x IPv6 IP address (/128) included for free
  • Container based virtualization (I assume OpenVZ 7)
  • Servers are located in Germany
  • Free 10 GB backup space (FTP) included
  • Control panel built into customer / billing panel
  • rDNS support, rescue system, traffic monitoring included

Servers provided by EUserv. You can order max. three servers at once. All of them for free for 0.00 € / month.

Get it here: https://www.euserv.com/en/virtual-privat...2-free.php

Supported OSs (Linux only): https://www.euserv.com/en/virtual-privat...ems-v2.php

Beware that additional IPv6 addresses cost money and also a IPv4 address will cost you!

You can take part in a beta test for 100 Mbit/s unmetered network speed however without a SLA. Which might mean you might get low speeds at unmetered traffic or they might cancel the beta anytime. Nothing is guaranteed! This can be enabled in the control panel.

Benchmark (bench.sh 2.0)
Benchmark started on Di 10. Mär 19:11:54 CET 2020
Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
CPU Cores       : 1
Frequency       : 1667.644 MHz
Memory          : 976 MB
Swap            : 976 MB
Uptime          : 20 min,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 4.20.8-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
Hostname        :

Speedtest (IPv6 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv6 is

Location                Provider        Speed
Atlanta, GA, US         QuadraNET       4,23MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Linode          2,83MB/s
Newark, NJ, US          Linode          16,9MB/s
Fremont, CA, US         Linode          2,76MB/s
Chicago, IL, US         Steadfast       3,71MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          3,40MB/s
Singapore               Linode          2,62MB/s

Frankfurt, Germany      Linode          46,8MB/s
London, UK              Linode          44,7MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        34,9MB/s

Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 107 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 145 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 138 MB/s
Average I/O     : 130 MB/s or .13 GB/s

Geekbench 5: Unfortunately Geekbench just exits at the multicore test without finishing and providing the actual result page. No error or anything. So a bit clueless. It exits at the same stage everytime. Probably something that stops it. It could also be caused by the lack of IPv4 (maybe it fails to upload results to the server - and for some reason DNS64 doesn't seem to work for it?).

Byte Unixbench: I actually didn't bother running this benchmark. It would take too long and I guess it would be terminated like the Geekbench benchmark before it could finish or the VPS might get suspended for high resource usage or something like that. Whatever EUServ uses / does to detect and terminate benchmark software.

These small boxes can be used to learn about IPv6 and how to use it with all your common hosted applications (web hosting and etc). You can use CloudFlare CDN to host websites on it that will be reachable over IPv4 too thanks to CloudFlare reverse proxy serving IPv4 and IPv6. Probably even more use cases available where IPv6 traffic and connections are acceptable.

You can access IPv4 content from the server without a IPv4 address by using a DNS64 server for DNS resolution inside the VPS (NAT64 is awesome!):
- https://v6tools.kasperd.dk/nat64handoff/service (Tested, working and fast)
- http://www.trex.fi/2011/dns64.html (Tested and working but slow)
- CloudFlare 1.1.1.1 DNS64 will not work!
- Google Public DNS64 will not work!

Read more: https://hiddenrefuge.eu.org/misc/dns64-nat64-gateways/
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Ordered one, thank you. Is it free for the first month only or it's recurring?
I also bought one for fun!

They do not provide IPv4 but provide IPv6!
Do they provide Shared IPv4?
Terminal
Solo Developer
@AmirGT

It's a free product... so of course it's recurring. They even say so on the product site actually and later on during all steps where you see prices.

@chanalku91

No, they don't provide free IPv4 at all (not even shared aka NAT).

You can rent a IPv4 for, I think, around 1 € per month. An initial setup fee is added on the first month for the IPv4 address.

[Image: FY6I08v.png]

1,02 € for the IPv4 + 1,40 € initial setup cost = 2,42 € for the first month for the IPv4 address and after that every other month is 1,02 € per IPv4 address.
tried ordering one.

ended up my whole account got deleted. or banned???
so really sucks. what ever.
since it's a beta test ill pass on i guess.
Not sure what you did @perryoo11.

I registered with them normally. Filled out my information and after that my three VPS orders have been processed and the VPSs were available in the control panel. I could initialize them (first OS installation) and use them afterwards. Had no issues.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether they allow orders from outside of the EU.
(03-11-2020, 11:26 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Not sure what you did @perryoo11.

I registered with them normally. Filled out my information and after that my three VPS orders have been processed and the VPSs were available in the control panel. I could initialize them (first OS installation) and use them afterwards. Had no issues.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether they allow orders from outside of the EU.

i'm located in the netherlands. so that shouldn't be a issue.
not used a vpn or software that similair to it.
I thought you were out of luck!
And they allow registration outside the EU!

After registering, complete your data!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Terminal
Solo Developer
Yes, it is vital to fill out your personal information after you have registered! You will even get reminders about this and that the order will be on hold until you login and fill out all needed information. After I've done this my orders were approved within less than an hour.
Thanks for sharing the Offer, @'Hidden Refuge'!... Everything worked like presented in the OP. Asked for two boxes and got two. I've always wanted an opportunity to test my "IPv6-readinness"; this seems like it.

CloudFlare proxying worked flawlessly -as expected- and the NAT64/DNS64 gateway too opened up those boxes to the IPv4-realm. The only problem for now is that I still didn't find a way to SSH into those boxes directly from home; I had to use NanoKVM's dual stack to reach them.

The thing is that my ISP uses Carrier-grade NAT which makes it impossible to use the currently available IPv6-tunnel brokers (like Hurricane Electric) to gain access to IPv6 networks. I've read that the only one who could bypass that was SixXS, but it closed shop in 2017, Alas!..

Anyway, thanks again for this ... +1Rep.

PS: I think those boxes are LXD system containers (see the output of the `df -Th` command.)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Pages (4):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: sagher
05-31-2020, 04:41 PM
Last Post: TimeRider

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting