arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up to 3x free IPv6 only VPS by EUserv
(03-11-2020, 07:55 PM)fChk Wrote: PS: I think those boxes are LXD system containers (see the output of the `df -Th` command.)

Well, it turns out that they are indeed LXD/LXC system containers, which makes me wanting to explore/dig more into them. I've downloaded the adhoc snap packages and need more time to deploy a working testing space for them.. This will certainly be a topic of an upcoming thread when achieved.

The question that intrigued me the most: is there really a difference between an application container (like docker's) and a system container (like LXC/LXD's) ?... The answer is.... Not really, technically speaking!... just a marketing spin from Canonical (the horse-power behind LXD development) to cut a market share from the current dominance of Docker in the Container tech space.

UPDATE:
Just wanted to comment on this too:
(03-12-2020, 06:25 PM)fChk Wrote: Hey there!.. Thanks for your willingness to help; but you missed my point. Right before the part you're quoting, there is this:
The key word there being directly, so, if you know of any public NAT46 gateway or any IPv6-tunnel broker supporting AYIYA protocol then you'll be of a great help :-)

Right now, I'm using SSH tunneling via my NanoKVM box to get the job done; hence there is no need for the solutions you mentioned. Besides, NanoKVM explicitly forbids running VPNs.
I succeed in logging into those IPv6 boxes directly from home; thanks to the IPv6 Teredo Tunnelling; see RFC-4380: Tunneling IPv6 over UDP through Network Address Translations (NATs).

There is an implementation of it on Linux called `miredo`, but Fedora doesn't ship it any more. Thus had to compile it from source; the only dependency it needed was 'libcap-ng-devel'.

This whole IPv6 connectivity was really off my radar all this time. Thanks to these IPv6-only VPS's opportunity, I finally have the motivation to dig into it.

Resource:
Gihub repo of the miredo source: https://github.com/multiSnow/miredo
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(03-17-2020, 09:49 PM)fChk Wrote: UPDATE:
Just wanted to comment on this too:
I succeed in logging into those IPv6 boxes directly from home; thanks to the IPv6 Teredo Tunnelling; see RFC-4380: Tunneling IPv6 over UDP through Network Address Translations (NATs).

Believe or not, I was searching for it too last bight but I couldn't find anything, how did you manage to make it work?
(03-20-2020, 06:22 AM)angelia Wrote: vServer VS2-free v2.1 ssh can't login

The early morning of the day before yesterday I have successfully logged in, but yesterday I can't.  This early morning of today I have again logged in once, but only once, and then I have tried numerous times, all failed.

Here below are some messages:

putty
=========
network error: connection timed out
network error: network is unreachable
remote side unexpectedly closed network connection

webconsole
=========
Wrong password try again!

I have spent half an hour after logging this morning and managed to installed firewall, ftp server and apache webserver, and created a webpage index.html at the default web directory of /var/www/html, but I can view this page after loading the default site of
http://srv[myid].blue.kundencontroller.de
Because I have not yet changed the httpd configuration file httpd.conf.

So can anyone help me solve these problems? Are euserv only allow me to operate on the free server for a very short time in the early morning? Is web server allowed? etc etc.

Please help me. Thank you!

Works fine for me, I have Nginx installed and running for several days now and it's fine. You could always try to reboot or reinstall the server, that might work.
(03-18-2020, 05:19 PM)AmirGT Wrote: Believe or not, I was searching for it too last bight but I couldn't find anything, how did you manage to make it work?

I thought I answered that question (for Linux) when I mentioned the installation of 'miredo'. If you're on Windows, I think it supports the teredo protocol out-of-the-box. You just have to set the server to something that is actually still working (i.e. teredo.remlab.net.) For the specifics on windows, you have to look it up (it may involve tweaking its registry, not sure though.)

If you're on Linux though and still can't get miredo work, just tell us where things fail in that process. The main thing is that when the miredo service is started it will create a pseudo-interface named teredo (you'll find it when you  run the ifconfig or ip -a commands.) That interface will get the dynamic IPv6 that the server will assign it.

Just remember, for as long as that interface is up (ie miredo service is running), you'll no longer be invisible -because of the NAT-, but exposed via that dynamically assigned IPv6 address.

Anyway, I intend to open a thread -when I have time- to document my current understanding of the whole IPv4/IPv6 interoperability (before I forget all that again!)

@angelia

You're not being specific for us to be of any help!

For the unresponsiveness of the VPS, that might be due to the Server being overloaded. I've seen a CPU load of up to 135 !!!!! on one of my boxes (the third I've recently created), while the first two generally never exceed 20/30. So, that may be one reason of your issue.

For the Apache Web server, again lack of information, it might be the firewall that you may have forgot to open for 80 and 443, or some misconfiguration in the httpd.conf file; ... or simply the server's CPU reaching the 100s.... Anything goes really without enough information.
When you can connect check the overall stats of your VPS. Load, Idle, I/O wait and etc. Most likely as @fChk said your VPS might be on a overloaded node. Basically you can't really fix this issue because you have no control over the node. Open a support ticket at EUServ maybe? Even if the product is free.. they have to main some level of quality and take care of abusers and overloaded nodes.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
@angelia

1) This is solely an advertising thread about the free VPS offer by EUServ and nothing more.
2) This is not a support thread or support forum for EUServ and their products!

You can complain about the service as a form of feedback but we cannot help you. We're not EUServ. Do not seek help here for your EUServ service.

So thank you for your feedback.
(03-22-2020, 11:35 AM)angelia Wrote: What I am allowed and what not allowed to talk here in "your" forum?

First read the forum rules at
https://post4vps.com/Announcement-Forum-Rules

This is not a place for VPS EuServ support, one way to get support with VPS EuServ is to open a support ticket at the provider!

And sorry if my language is too rough!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(03-22-2020, 11:35 AM)angelia Wrote: What I am allowed and what not allowed to talk here in "your" forum?

I would like to set a few things straight with you to clear up a few misunderstandings or rather said issues.
  • Post4VPS.com is NOT my forum, it never was in the past and it will never be mien. The forum belongs to @Dynamo. Currently the forum is under administration by the following staff members (supported by the following moderators).
  • I'm in absolutely no position to give commands to anyone although I have the feeling that you think that I am for some reason.
  • I have informed you that this thread is a advertising thread for a specific offer (free IPv6 only VPS by EUServ) and that this advertising forum is NOT for support of the advertised services or products.
  • An addition for 3: This forum doesn't (have to) provide support for services offered by a 3rd party or advertised by a member of this forum or a 3rd party. You can ask for general help in relation to things posted or advertised here in the right forum.
  • I only ASKED you not to continue to use this thread for asking about help/support for a product/service that has only been advertised here and is not a product/service of this site post4vps.com. See point 4 again please.
  • As I mentioned before your feedback about the service quality of EUServ free products/services is very welcome. Infact I'm thankful for you posting your bad experience. I can agree on a few things. I shutdown my VPSs and next day booted them up again. It took over 30 minutes per VPS until they were online although their schedule system was saying that the VPS was scheduled for startup more than 30 minutes ago. There we can see another example of issues with the service. I have never before seen that a VPS that is so small and light on resources requires so much time to boot. Probably absolutely overloaded and abused nodes and EUServ doesn't even care that much I guess. So no wonder why you're having such issues. I couldn't even benchmark the VPS properly when I mine were working "normally". After the VPSs were online again SSH was a bit slow and generally performing any operation was also slow. That said the server was not in such a bad state as yours.
  • You are allowed to post whatever you want as long as it complies with the rules in the corresponding forums. This is NOT a command from me to you... Just as the rules say. I hope you have read them when you/after you signed up.

So far all your posts from the beginning of your journey here are help requests for something that has been posted here to be shared with members. Help requests for something that is not even provided by this forum. Help requests for a product from a 3rd party that has their own support system and even their own support forum!
@angelia

Pretty much all your issues (described in Post #28) stem from an overloaded system/node; I'm sure the CPU load is up in the sky, like in the 100s, thus making everything crawl, while waiting for their turn at every CPU cycle. I have the same problem for my 3rd VPS there. You can check it for yourself by running the 'uptime' command, for example.

In such conditions, Apache Web server will never work while Nginx still can. The proof? Here is the Apache error that's pilling up in my VPS logs
[mpm_event:alert] [pid 20071:tid 140164426876800] (11)Resource temporarily unavailable: AH00480: apr_thread_create: unable to create worker thread

My advice if you really still want to run a Web server in that VPS, try Nginx and if you need PHP, then install php-fpm too. I'm not sure if they will both manage to function in the conditions you're describing but, I'm confident that at least Nginx will still be there as a web server.

If you still have any enquiry, please open a thread in the ad-hoc forum; I'm sure everyone here will be pleased to help.

Good luck!
I got my services activated. Do you run a website in it?
I have some issues connecting to hosts.
root@srv9540 ~]# wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin-1.941-1.noarch.rpm
--2020-03-23 06:08:25--  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin-1.941-1.noarch.rpm
Resolving prdownloads.sourceforge.net (prdownloads.sourceforge.net)... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘prdownloads.sourceforge.net’
How to solve it?
And what control panel do you use in the vps for editing files rather than using ssh?

Thank you  Sweet

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: sagher
05-31-2020, 04:41 PM
Last Post: TimeRider

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting