Problems activating your account? Send notification email to: admin@post4vps.com
Host4Fun Budget VPS Hosting
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Specific Directory
Hi experts,
                  I am a gamer.A friend asked me to host his gaming server on VPS.I can not give access to whole directory to him.So i decided to create a separate user for him.I searched on google and found a method to add user restricted to a specific directory.I have executed all commands carefully and created a new user and group.Now whenever i login with my new account putty shows " remote side unexpectedly closed the connection ". 
Here is the method i used to create new user and group. 
Link
Please help me if there is any alternate method, or should i retry this more carefully once again.
My Current Operating System
Ubuntu 16

Thanks to Post4VPS and Sponsors for their great services.
Sharing your VPS with CubeData are we?
Just to inform you, reminder on our TOS/AUP if he does anything against our TOS/AUP the responsibility for it, still falls on you. just keep this in mind please.
(08-09-2019, 02:56 AM)Rehan Wrote:  Hi experts,
                  I am a gamer.A friend asked me to host his gaming server on VPS.I can not give access to whole directory to him.So i decided to create a separate user for him.I searched on google and found a method to add user restricted to a specific directory.I have executed all commands carefully and created a new user and group.Now whenever i login with my new account putty shows " remote side unexpectedly closed the connection ". 
Here is the method i used to create new user and group. 
Link
Please help me if there is any alternate method, or should i retry this more carefully once again.
My Current Operating System
Ubuntu 16

If you didn't already fix this...

Match Group somegroup
 ForceCommand internal-sftp
 ChrootDirectory /somegroupdirectory/
 PermitTunnel no
 AllowAgentForwarding no
 AllowTcpForwarding no
 X11Forwarding no

The edit you made in /etc/ssh/sshd_config from above may have caused your SSH server to not accept connections. Try something like this and your SSH should then work again:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall openssh-client
or
sudo dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server
If you want to share game server the best way is to install a panel like ogp. Pufferpanel , pterodacttl , etc and create server from it . It automaticaly create sftp user and also it have its own file manager
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
The topic can be marked as solved. Thanks to @SRTerabytes
@cubedata don't worry i know i am responsible for everything.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Sponsors for their great services.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Point IP to Show Specific Domain with Cyberpanel tiwil 5 206 07-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Last Post: tiwil