arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 17 closed for refurbishment for 3 months with effect of 29 June
Jordy @Pacific Spirit has advised post4vps that Hostlease will be putting VPS 17 out of commission with effect of 29 June with the objective of upgrading it.  The VPS will be out of commission for 3 months and will hopefully be back for the October Giveaway in much bigger and better shape.

Hopefully @Decent12 will receive his PM as I haven't seen him in a while.  He needs to urgently back up his VPS as it will no longer be available with effect of 29 June.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
That is both exciting and a bit underwhelming knowing we'll be loosing a VPS for sometime!

Let's see what Hostlease provides us in a few months, maybe the wait will be worth it! Smile
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
There will be always hard times for everyone so they take some time to come back again same happens with host lease also but I know host lease will come back vps 17 again with awesome performance
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(06-25-2020, 02:08 PM)Honey Wrote: That is both exciting and a bit underwhelming knowing we'll be loosing a VPS for sometime!

Let's see what Hostlease provides us in a few months, maybe the wait will be worth it! Smile

This is true @Honey both ways.  

Jordy has now confirmed that the VPS 16 Plan will definitely be removed at end of October in its entirety, however, he also provided specs he is considering for the upgraded VPS 17 in September/October, which could make it a replacement for VPS 16 as well:

Network Speed: 1000Mbps
RAM: Current 1GB -> 6GB
Disk Space: Current 35GB -> 75GB
Bandwidth: Current 500GB -> 5TB

So if you're happy with VPS 16, you will have an alternative VPS to apply for when the upgraded VPS 17 becomes available in September or October.
Terminal
(06-25-2020, 06:50 PM)deanhills Wrote: This is true @Honey both ways.  

Jordy has now confirmed that the VPS 16 Plan will definitely be removed at end of October in its entirety, however, he also provided specs he is considering for the upgraded VPS 17 in September/October, which could make it a replacement for VPS 16 as well:

Network Speed: 1000Mbps
RAM: Current 1GB -> 6GB
Disk Space: Current 35GB -> 75GB
Bandwidth: Current 500GB -> 5TB

So if you're happy with VPS 16, you will have an alternative VPS to apply for when the upgraded VPS 17 becomes available in September or October.

These are amazing news!

We are getting powerful VPS nowadays! VPS 9 and VPS 4 are not that special anymore!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(06-25-2020, 07:31 PM)LightDestory Wrote: These are amazing news!

We are getting powerful VPS nowadays! VPS 9 and VPS 4 are not that special anymore!

VPS 9 still have 8GB of ram instead of 6 and the disk space on VPS 9 is bigger so it is still special . also VPS 9 is my first vps in this forum before switching to VPS 5

and the amazing news . yeah it is more VPS choice
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
good to hear and thanks to them for upgrading the vps! good luck to hostlease and thanks for being sponsor!
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
Initiallty I felt a bit sad when I just looked at the title - but after reading this thread content I think it is fine to wait for 3 months if there will soon be an upgrade of the VPS 17.

We hope for the best...... look forward to seeing Jordy @Pacific Spirit offering this forum a nice spec VPS 17 with 6 RAM RAM or similar. Smile

@deanhills

I wonder if it's possible for them to provide 2 servers by dividing those specs into 2 VPS. So then we would get 2 servers with each spec of 3GB RAM, 35GB Space, and 2.5 TB Bandwidth. That would again balance the number of VPS we have since we are going to loose VPS16 anyway. I don't know if this is possible or not for the sponsor so it's just a suggestion because right now, new free VPS are not happening often so this way 2 members would get decent servers.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(06-29-2020, 02:05 PM)xdude Wrote: @deanhills

I wonder if it's possible for them to provide 2 servers by dividing those specs into 2 VPS. So then we would get 2 servers with each spec of 3GB RAM, 35GB Space, and 2.5 TB Bandwidth. That would again balance the number of VPS we have since we are going to loose VPS16 anyway. I don't know if this is possible or not for the sponsor so it's just a suggestion because right now, new free VPS are not happening often so this way 2 members would get decent servers.

Do you think this could be a matter of IP as IPs are scarce? But yes, possibly we could ask @Pacific Spirit to comment on this. Good point.
Terminal

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting