arrow_upward

VPS Giveaway: Second VPS for 15-20 additional posts?
I'm just wondering loudly here.  Since we seem to have more VPSs than I can see active members posting for, is there any chance to apply for a Second VPS for an additional 15-20 posts?  With the condition that if things should get tight and supply less than active members, that the second VPS be returned to the pool?

Maybe we could do it the same as we used to at freevps.us.  Have a second giveaway immediately after the first giveaway for the Giveaway VPSs that haven't been allocated?

This way we can make sure that all VPSs are working for post4vps.com and earning traffic through additional posts instead of sitting idle in the pool?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Nice idea.I think you are right there are many spare VPS available in every Giveaway.Also we are getting more and more Sponsors.I hope that we will have a great time here at Post4VPS and better than freevps.us.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
The idea is very nice but I don't know if will work long term. We are getting more members who want servers than sponsors every month. I think we were luck last month we got 2 new sponsors but we don't get lucky like that every month. So what will happen once servers are taken ? New members will have to wait till some new sponsors pop up or users who have 2 vps will have to hand over the second one ? We had this at freevps.us but it didn't work for a long time.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

it is a nice thought. i dont need another for myself, but i can see the need for people who might actively use another and even pit it to good use.

personally i would like to see hugely mire visitors coming and joining in and posting for vps. would be more fun that way. I would like to request you people to make good posts on any forum or website you have access to, about p4v.

thanjs
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(12-01-2018, 12:02 PM)xdude Wrote: The idea is very nice but I don't know if will work long term. We are getting more members who want servers than sponsors every month. I think we were luck last month we got 2 new sponsors but we don't get lucky like that every month. So what will happen once servers are taken ? New members will have to wait till some new sponsors pop up or users who have 2 vps will have to hand over the second one ? We had this at freevps.us but it didn't work for a long time.

If I count right the total number of available VPSs are 31 VPSs.  With the last Giveaways there were 9 VPSs available for the competition:
Quote:2x VPS 1
1x VPS 3
1x VPS 4
2x VPS 5
1x vps 6
1x VPS 10
1x VPS 11

Only 4 out of the 9 were allocated:

Quote:2x VPS 5
1x VPS 1
1x VPS 8

Perhaps there was a special reason - maybe all of those wanting VPSs applied for the new VPS 5 only.  But most of the 9 VPS were above average spec VPSs.  Only one under 1GB RAM.  For me it shows less demand than supply and high quality VPSs that aren't getting posts for hosting.

In addition three new high quality VPSs have been added in two new plans that should be available during the next Giveaway.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills,
Actually only 3 from the list get distributed,
I don't know how @rudra can get VPS 8 even when it's not in the list. But, I don't really care, lol.

Anyways, second VPS are great, we don't really have big VPS, like the superstar here are VPS 9, VPS 8, VPS 5, and VPS 4. They provide great thing inside, but the other only give < 2GB of RAM. Okay, RAM maybe doesn't matter, but if people want to have gameserver or etc, and they don't have enough resources to do it, while the superstar is not in list, second VPS will be helpful to them.

I agree with @deanhills, maybe we wanted to try?
Have 3 days for first round, and another 4 days for second round, like in FreeVPS.

(Actually 7 days for every giveaway is way too long, I think, if we have 2 round, then it's great, if someone lose and there is still another VPS left, they can apply.)
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
here is my opinion about adding the second vps option

pros
this will get rid some of idle vps and also make existing user more active on the forum and reward those people that can post more than the 20 post per month limit

cons
even though it add aditional post there will be less vps in the vps pool and less vps in the pool mean doesnt attract much new member .

so it is between getting rid of idle vps or attracting new member but for me second vps is a great idea . espescially with 4 post / date rules that mean the user with second vps will be extremely active on the forum . for the attraction 31 vps is too much . and by the way previous month if im not wrong only @deanhills surpass the 40 post . myself only post 32 post previous month . so the people that get second vps is not much and will get rid of that vps without getting rid of that attraction . adding a user limit who can get second vps also a great idea
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(12-02-2018, 04:32 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: adding a user limit who can get second vps also a great idea

Agreed, I think it will be better if users with bigger specs only have limited choice for second VPS.
For example,
Someone have VPS 9 or VPS 4, both have big RAM, 8GB and 6GB. So then, users with VPS 9 and VPS 4 will only have choice to apply second VPS with 2GB or lower, as we can already assume with 8GB and 6GB RAM, he can do anything. What we can't do with that RAM in a VPS?

Nah, if someone with lower specs like 2GB RAM or lower, he can apply for bigger VPS, as we can also assume with that low VPS, people will not really have freedom to do his work.

Also, I think it will be better if someone with second VPS have dynamic post requirement.
For example, VPS 10 user want to have VPS 1, then he got the VPS 1. So he have VPS 10 and VPS 1 right now, but if you require them to do 35-40 posts/month, it's not fair to people that hold VPS 8 and say, VPS 2.

So, dynamic post requirement might be useful also.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
@ i got vps 4 but it was having technical issues for longer than expected. so i got the one vps 8 that got released due to owner getting a newer better one. even if it was on the pool and people requested, i would come first in the list is why i was given.

two vps just increases workload for the giveaway manager .
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Hello,
Currently 2 VPS per user policy cannot be implemented at Post4VPS Forum.
The reasons are obvious, there are very less VPSs available in total to do that specially when we need more active users,
If we implement the policy now then chances of getting a nice VPS for new user will decrease very much, their options( to choose from ) would also get lowered down and it will discourage them to even participate.

And just to let you guys known, most of the vpses are being created in real time, which means that there is no resource wastage when no user applies for it.

Currently there are Around 31 VPSs available for users which means there can be total 31 VPS Holders possible for current situation which I don't think is a huge number.

Offtopic:
From my point of view, I guess this is one of the reasons why FreeVPS.us got failed,
Personally I too had to try hard to get a nice VPS from there after loosing my older VPS(when one of there sponsor closed their company) though I was average poster there.
And I personally don't want same to be happened here.

Lastly, it also will increase the workload of the giveaway manager, and it appears, currently @perryoo11 himself is getting less time to invest here(and by looking at our work, I guess it's obvious reason).

It's very early for us to implement 2 VPSs per User feature (keeping some constraints) for now.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting