arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS Management Tools for Android.
@deanhills

The wink is absolutel no issue. I simply want to know what exactly you were meaning with "added security".

No, I don't use any antivirus or antimalware applications on my device. What I use is a) hardware encryption, b) pin on boot, c) fingerprint sensor & pin and d) a lot of common sense.

JuiceSSH is a proper SSH client and it is clean. No need for anything that monitors it.

I don't use any AV or antimalware because they're usually all useless on Android for the most and drain battery like hell fire. By useless I mean useless... because it feels like almost every month there is another super spyware/malware/virus app detected on Android devices that is installed across million devices and no AV detects them. Even Google is clueless until some security researcher finds out when it is already way too late.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(09-29-2018, 06:25 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: @deanhills

The wink is absolutel no issue. I simply want to know what exactly you were meaning with "added security".

No, I don't use any antivirus or antimalware applications on my device. What I use is a) hardware encryption, b) pin on boot, c) fingerprint sensor & pin and d) a lot of common sense.

JuiceSSH is a proper SSH client and it is clean. No need for anything that monitors it.

I don't use any AV or antimalware because they're usually all useless on Android for the most and drain battery like hell fire. By useless I mean useless... because it feels like almost every month there is another super spyware/malware/virus app detected on Android devices that is installed across million devices and no AV detects them. Even Google is clueless until some security researcher finds out when it is already way too late.
Thanks very much @Hidden.  I now understand that looking after security with a mobile phone requires a different approach than desktop.  I like the way you are going about it.  The hardware encryption definitely.  I don't precisely understand it yet, but I'll Google and once I understand better ask questions if needed.  Pin on boot makes great sense.  Not sure about fingerprint, but I may try that.  First I've got to get over the fear of mobiles being unsafe.  I'm sure I'll get there eventually by just jumping right into it.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I think I used an app called Termius something to control my server from my Android phone. Its top on ssh list on play store.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-11-2021, 06:18 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting