arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS5 - Windows 2016 ?
Is it possible to install Windows 2016 trial in this server ? I don't see any OS change options in the panel

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

@Manal just pinging him as he is the sponsor.

The VPS is a KVM one so Windows should work (including Server). And the panel is Virtualizor. So that shouldn't be a big problem either. The provider needs to make the Windows Server 2016 ISO available. After that you can install from ISO yourself via VNC.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(03-14-2020, 11:28 AM)xdude Wrote: Is it possible to install Windows 2016 trial in this server ? I don't see any OS change options in the panel

No. Windows operating system is not possible in VPS 5 for sponsored VPS.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
@Manal

Thanks for the reply. Is there an option where we can install the OS we want. I mean Linux distros ? I'm fine with not having Windows Since I do have a paid Windows server but I like to install Ubuntu. I don't see an option where I can change/reinstall OS.

that's weird . when i get my vps 5 . im offered to run windows and windows is supported in vps 5 . but i use linux instead because i dont use windows on server or even desktop

the alternative is to use linux instead or use other vps . vps 8 have windows support but you need a paid windows license to use it
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(03-17-2020, 01:12 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: that's weird . when i get my vps 5 . im offered to run windows and windows is supported in vps 5 . but i use linux instead because i dont use windows on server or even desktop

the alternative is to use linux instead or use other vps . vps 8 have windows support but you need a paid windows license to use it

Was there an option to reinstall OS in the panel when you were using vps5 ? Because I don't see any option right now.

I'm totally perplexed @xdude.  Have you checked in your panel - I just checked it now (I accessed your account as you)? Did you go into that account - i.e. with the details provided?

You need to click on the little black arrow "manage" link at the end of the row where your VPS info is listed, and it will then take you to Virtualizor's Window where there is an option to reinstall the OS.  There is the full range of OS templates to choose from, including Windows.  Windows Manal has already mentioned is not recommended - it's not disallowed, but it's more along the lines of not recommended for this particular VPS.  But you have a whole list of other templates to choose from:

[Image: fsK7tkI.png]
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
WTF. Well I posted here coz that arrow was not there. I thought it might be disabled or something. I have just logged in and now I can see it. Im not sure what happened. Anyway I'm glad it's sorted. Now it's there and that's all what matters to me. Big Grin

(03-18-2020, 12:59 AM)xdude Wrote: WTF. Well  I posted here coz that arrow was not there. I thought it might be disabled or something. I have just logged in and now I can see it. Im not sure what happened. Anyway I'm glad it's sorted. Now it's there and that's all what matters to me. Big Grin

Glad it got sorted @xdude. I guess it's OK to close this thread now. Wink
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-31-2019, 10:18 AM
Last Post: GeKePDP
06-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: arsalahmed786
04-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Last Post: RickB
03-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Last Post: RickB

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting