arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WallStreet vs WallStreetBets... IT STINKS!
Are you reading the news?
Nowadays the USA market is going crazy due to a subreddit community called WallStreetBets that is rising up the price of GameStop's commercial actions.

They are just buying the actions and holding them. A lot of expert are saying that a lot of people will get hurt from this market manipulation but so far only hedge funds are losing money.

The internet is full of this new war "Rich vs Poor", when the seconds one attacks using the same weapon of the first!

What do you think about it?

Do you ever buy a commercial action?
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Well, nobody seems to be interested in the topic. So I will end it here: the battle between WallStreetBets and WallStreet ended. Gamestop's action are slowing lowering their price. There are people who got a lot of money and people who lost everything, there are also cases of suicide unfortunately.

But... the "poor" did a great battle, damaging the big funds. What surprises me is that the only one that got something from this hell is the "Boss" of WallStreetBets that sold the copyright of his life to writer and film directors to create biography books and film about him.

@deanhills I think we can close this thread Smile
Oh, I didn't notice this post. I too wanted to post a topic about this but didn't because of the same reason. I didn't think it would attract much attention. Now I was watching this whole Gamestop drama too. I do love how it made all those hedge funds crazy. These were manipulating various stocks all the time hurting bad some companies. Suddenly out of nowhere this happens, catching them with pants down. Even though it's a good lesson for those funds which think they can control the market It's not a healthy thing long term. What happened is not sustainable long term. Also, there are rumors some hedge funds did make huge profits from this because they notice the change early.

Also, It's not just hedge funds that got hurt in this drama. There are silly people in every stock market who don't bother to understand the basics. You buy when stocks fall and sell when they rise. You don't buy when it's at the top unless you are willing to take huge risks. It happened here too. Gamestop stock went up to 300+ USD from 5 USD and then fall down to 60. I doubt it's only hedge funds which bought those shares at 300+.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(02-23-2021, 02:35 PM)xdude Wrote: Also, there are rumors some hedge funds did make huge profits from this because they notice the change early.

I doubt it's only hedge funds which bought those shares at 300+.

Wallstreet Bets are for crazy people. In past they also lost big big money, so money is not a problem for them. They do it for "fun". That's why people in WB bought Gamestop at around 100-300 too. Their main reason is to keep Gamestop up and to counter hedge funds that we're partying over 2008 market crash (using short-sell).

At least they destroy Melvin Capital. Even though another hedge funds get huge profits, at least they destroy one of them.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(01-30-2021, 10:29 PM)LightDestory Wrote: ..... A lot of expert are saying that a lot of people will get hurt from this market manipulation but so far only hedge funds are losing money.

I don't know why I missed this topic, but I think it is not true to say only hedge funds are losing money.

In fact, many sources have reported that some hedge funds are making a lot of money during the GameStop's war, just because they have successfully convinced others to follow their direction inside the WallStreetBets group. Smile

A lot of thing happened, we can also talk about the RobinHood application and how it almost suffeered a bankrupt from this crazy action. Robinhood's assurance wasn't enough to cover the WB plan so it had to stop the buying of Gamestop actions for some time to get enough money to increase its assurance. Unfortunately this stop has been received as a "marker manipulation practice" and so far they review-bomb the app with 1star.
(02-24-2021, 10:18 AM)LightDestory Wrote: A lot of thing happened, we can also talk about the RobinHood application and how it almost suffeered a bankrupt from this crazy action. Robinhood's assurance wasn't enough to cover the WB plan so it had to stop the buying of Gamestop actions for some time to get enough money to increase its assurance. Unfortunately this stop has been received as a "marker manipulation practice" and so far they review-bomb the app with 1star.

I believe this 1star bomb was later removed by Google, but It was still considered a selfish move by Robinhood (especially for its name) by the majority.

Also another thingy I might add, tech youtube Linustechtips actually invested 50k$ into GME xD (He did this in a livestream and even called his wife, you can find the clip on Youtube).

The war is pretty much over and GME is now coming down to its actual price (Currently 45 usd per stock)
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(02-24-2021, 02:35 PM)Honey Wrote: ..... The war is pretty much over and GME is now coming down to its actual price (Currently 45 usd per stock)

It seems the GameStop's war is not over yet. Because the GameStop share price goes up significantly again.

And it is hard to determine what should be the "actual price". Because before the war, the GameStop share price was quite under-valued I think. Smile

A new attempt is coming soon. The short selling is dangerous for both sides. Edge funds will lose money but also a small % of the 'normal people' who believed into this crazy war will lose money. The main difference is that edge funds are only risking they money but normal people are using all their saving on this mess, so a lot of people commited suicide when the prices went down. "Keep holding" has been a very poison phase according to me.
There are plenty of people who invest in stock markets and currency markets without a clue what they should do. If you are inexperienced then there are basic rules to follow. One of those universal rules and buy when stock prices fell low and sell when rise. But many do it the other way and lose money. Also if you want to get into day trading then you will be losing a bit of money till you start underlying correct vibes. This is why nobody should invest big till you learn it well. Plus there is the risk factor. How much risk you are willing to take.

Many small investors got good profits from the GameStop drama. Especially those who decide to take a risk and bought it while it was under 10 and rising. They bought it before the price goes high and exit the market before it hit the peak.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting