arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of VestaCP ?
So how many of you are using VestaCP? Since I'm with VPS5 and not using Windows (Already have a paid vps for that) thought it's better start running a web server so I can move some of my sites from other server. Now, my favorite panel is VirtualMin because once it's installed and configured I haven't ran into any trouble. But the whole installing process it bit complicated and not so easy. Plus names given for common panel features are totally difference from what you see in other panels.

Now vps panel of this server has the auto installation feature for number of panels. Apart from some paid panels there are other free options like VestaCP, CentOS Web Panel, ISPConfig3, Webmin etc. I have tested all of these in past and I think VestaCP is the best one among this lot. I had few bad experience with VestaCP but that was very long time ago so I think this panel should be lot better than it was years ago.

So my question for VestaCP users is what do you like and dislike about this free hosting panel from your experience ? How is the support ? It was bad last time I used it but it was long time ago.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I still like my VestaCP very much @xdude. There was a patch last year when they had security issues, but it's been very quiet off late so hopefully they have sorted those out. I like the panel layout very much. Only thing that is important is if you want to do anything with your Firewall in the VPS you should do that first before you load VestaCP. I've been using VestaCP since 2016, and am still happy with using it.

What I like is you can create an installation script that suits you best (Check the section on the page called Advanced Install Settings):
https://vestacp.com/install/

I usually opt not to install FTP (I use FileZilla SFTP instead). I also don't use the mail server (I use Zoho mail instead). Like those are usually the areas where mischief makers are focused on.

If you want you can check my notes on VestaCP here:
http://vpslessons.net/vestacp/
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
i have one very serious issue with most of CP's i use. no one shown exact bandwidth usage for the month. if anyone have this fix please update me. i wish to use any CP for my vps-9.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I tried to install VestaCP in Ubuntu 18.04 and that didn't work. Looks like I need to do more research on this. @deanhills are you using CentOS with VestaCP ?

(03-18-2020, 05:40 PM)xdude Wrote: I tried to install VestaCP in Ubuntu 18.04 and that didn't work. Looks like I need to do more research on this. @deanhills are you using CentOS with VestaCP ?

Yes, I'm using CentOS.  I once used Debian as well.  But CentOS as a general rule.

I googled use of VestaCP with Ubuntu 18.04 and there seems to be many reported issues but not clear cut solutions. Here's a link to a tutorial that has worked his way through the issues - maybe you'll find some tips for Ubuntu in it:
https://techz.io/install-vestacp-on-ubuntu-18-04-lts/
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(03-18-2020, 02:48 AM)xdude Wrote: So how many of you are using VestaCP? Since I'm with VPS5 and not using Windows (Already have a paid vps for that) thought it's better start running a web server so I can move some of my sites from other server. Now, my favorite panel is VirtualMin because once it's installed and configured I haven't ran into any trouble. But the whole installing process it bit complicated and not so easy. Plus names given for common panel features are totally difference from what you see in other panels.

Now vps panel of this server has the auto installation feature for number of panels. Apart from some paid panels there are other free options like VestaCP, CentOS Web Panel, ISPConfig3, Webmin etc. I have tested all of these in past and I think VestaCP is the best one among this lot. I had few bad experience with VestaCP but that was very long time ago so I think this panel should be lot better than it was years ago.

So my question for VestaCP users is what do you like and dislike about this free hosting panel from your experience ? How is the support ? It was bad last time I used it but it was long time ago.

While VestaCP is quite a decent panel, I’m not a very big fan of it. It seems to be “all over the place” and quite glitchy. And its mobile optimization is simply nonexistent... you can barely use it in mobile. I’ve even had issues with things getting blocked by other things when using it on a PC, which means that it also isn’t all that good when used in PCs as well. Some people (although myself not included) have faced several issues with its dns system.

I personally recommend Cyberpanel, it’s free (don’t look at the plans in their website, those are for litespeed enterprise, just make sure to choose OpenLiteSpeed in the installation prompt), and also extremely easy to install. You literally just need to run a single command as root, answer a few very basic questions (most of which you’ll leave as default anyway) and let the installation script do all the work for you.

It’s extremely feature packed and works really well on mobile.

Do note that if you choose to go with Cyberpanel, they highly recommend that you go with a fresh OS install to avoid any issues.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
@ikk157

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked Cyberpanel and really like how the interface looks. Very clean and neat. I need to learn more about this panel. Looks like very good alternation.

Meantime I couldn't get VestaCP working on Ubuntu even trying many times. Got several problems while updating Ubuntu and then bash vst-install.sh didn't work. So I will try to install on CentOS. The reason I moved to Ubuntu from Centos because it has not upto date when it come to various apps. For example by the time I was using it I couldn't get MySQL5 installed. Even manually installing in on OS didn't work.

I have used vestacp before some months. I am currently using webmin and I host just one website in it. Soon I will have to add another website for School. Still I like webmin because it is suitable for me to control things easily. Vestacp is good for hosting multiple websites. It's a good alternative for cpanel.

Thank you  Sweet

i tried it once . and it is not user friendly . the navigation is weird and hard to learn and for me it is easier to use a terminal with the LEMP stack installed plus ftp for file transfer than using a vesta cp . vesta cp also have some vuln . the thing that i hated the most about vesta cp is their DLC . yes DLC on a panel not a video game . the chroot and espescially the file manager that make other panel like cPanel great is paid . that alone make me dont want to use it in the first place . i tried it only because i want to find out about this vestacp

not reccomended . just use terminal . for me it is easier to use terminal than using non user friendly bad user experience vesta cp . they should look to cPanel and try mimicking it ease of use
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(03-22-2020, 05:40 AM)xdude Wrote: @ikk157

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked Cyberpanel and really like how the interface looks. Very clean and neat. I need to learn more about this panel. Looks like very good alternation.

Meantime I couldn't get VestaCP working on Ubuntu even trying many times. Got several problems while updating Ubuntu and then bash vst-install.sh didn't work. So I will try to install on CentOS. The reason I moved to Ubuntu from Centos because it has not upto date when it come to various apps. For example by the time I was using it I couldn't get MySQL5 installed. Even manually installing in on OS didn't work.

Usually when a panel installation fails, you’ll need to re-install the os before trying again. Otherwise you’ll face many issues with re-attempting the installation.

As for centos, I don’t recommend going back to it. It’s got many limitations and software incompatibility issues making it a pain to use. I personally use it on my VPS 9 because it used to be the only os template thag actually worked, and I do not recommend it. Hopefully soon i’ll get ubuntu installed on my vps after VNC on it is fixed.

However, I still emphasize that you should give CyberPanel a shot. It has everything that VestaCP has and more! But again, install it on a freshly installed OS, and don’t forget to run the installation script as root

sudo su -

You’ll he prompted to answer a few basic questions and from there on the installation script will takeover and do all the work for you. It could take some time though, so make sure to run it in a screen session so it can keep running on the background. If you need any help with this, feel free to send me a DM or even email.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Pages (4):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting