arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the difference between .com, .net, and .org domain names?
(06-25-2018, 08:07 PM)deanhills Wrote: You're right about .net - I have a personal preference for it too, and I can see it in the special deals.  .net is more popular and also more expensive at the moment than .com.  .com as cheaper deals.

I personally prefer .club too for a Forum.  It just has a nicer ring to it than a Forum.

I like .net too but typically it cost more to register than .com since it has all the sales and other stuff.  .net sometimes goes on sale, Namecheap puts it on sale every year on Black Friday and sometimes name.com randomly puts it on sale at 99 cents for new customers.
(06-27-2016, 08:21 AM)Albertwu Wrote: TELL ME ABOUT

What is the difference between .com, .net, and .org domain names?

If we look at prices usually .com and .org domain names are very cheap in the first year and then after they cost much more.
@Dudi not only .com and .org mostly domains now are cheap on the first year to hook you up and following year renewal fee is much really higher than you expected.
.com, .net, .org are domains . These domains are used for some special purposes.
.com suffix is used for Commercial websites
.net for Network-related domains
.org is for Non-profit organizations.
For example dissertation writing service is a commercial website.
As mentioned before, all of them are domains but with different meaning
.com for commercial
.net for network
.org for organization
Most the gaming communities are using .com as a default domain
(07-02-2018, 06:08 PM)Vuluts Wrote: @Dudi not only .com and .org mostly domains now are cheap on the first year to hook you up and following year renewal fee is much really higher than you expected.

I smell 1&1 . And .xyz domain . And 0,48 domain that namecheap have a promo on like .men , etc
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
For comparison between .com, .net and .org, I believe .com domains are primary and widely used for big websites, such as google.com and facebook.com etc.

The .net and .org domains are less popular. Although I think the meaning of .net (network) and .org (organization) are actually quite generic, big websites still prefer to use .com, perhaps due to historical reasons.

(07-06-2018, 01:20 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: For comparison between .com, .net and .org, I believe .com domains are primary and widely used for big websites, such as google.com and facebook.com etc.

The .net and .org domains are less popular. Although I think the meaning of .net (network) and .org (organization) are actually quite generic, big websites still prefer to use .com, perhaps due to historical reasons.

they use .com because it the most used and also they want a commercial site not a internet focused or organization . 

Historical reason? are you talking about a .com crash? Where people are investing heavily on something with .com or internet thing on it then it suddenly crashed
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(07-07-2018, 12:47 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Historical reason? are you talking about a .com crash? Where people are investing heavily on something with .com or internet thing on it then it suddenly crashed

No, I am not talking about .com crash. What I mean for the historical reason is that .com should be the first top-level domain name available for registration since the Internet was launched and has still been popular throughout the history. That can be a reason why big websites still prefer to use .com.

Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting