arrow_upward

Pages (5):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which OS do you use?
(03-19-2021, 10:05 AM)sagher Wrote: The Big ever reason is almost 70% costume updates are useless.
You're so right about it. I recall about two years ago when I first started to check through updates (when they weren't running in bulk yet) that I noticed an update for a Swedish language. Almost like they are throwing all of the updates together in one pool regardless of how applicable they are. What irritates me is that when one wants to buy a Microsoft product it is very strictly territorial. You can't buy through their US site, but when they roll out updates, all of a sudden you've got to get updates meant for other regions. Worst however is one can't even check the updates before they hit you any longer and you don't know what is coming before it's already done its damage. For me Microsoft updates have become a major threat and spam. One probably needs software like a Malwarebytes equivalent - updatebytes! So the updatebytes can quarantine updates that are potentially harmful for your particular computer system.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(03-13-2021, 06:55 AM)sagher Wrote: Not agreed that windows 7 has no support any more..
Agreeing with A FACT or not doesn't make it disappear!!.. Win7 IS DEAD M$'s support-wise!..

(03-13-2021, 06:55 AM)sagher Wrote: .. still using in commercial and residential both platforms.
(..............)
HP,DELL, all still providing system updates and driver list for windows 7.
When M$ stopped supporting Win7 when it reached its EOL date that just meant that Win7 will live on in the state it has reached on that date. Nothing will be added to it from M$'s side.

This also means that developers who still care about it can still make application for it and hardware vendors can still make drivers for it -BUT THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH M$ per se- In both cases, that residual support will be decreasing with time as the Win7 technology will get far too outdated even for the more Win7-fanatics out there. It's sad but that's how M$$ wanted it to be.

It was M$'s call.

(03-13-2021, 06:55 AM)sagher Wrote: even windows 7 has some unique old devices driver setups which absolute in 8, 8.1 and 10. if the machine has 2GB to 4GB of RAM then windows 7 professional is one of best and light weight option.
On this part we AGREE. There was a shift(/a rupture) when transitioning from Win 6.1 to Win6.2 and beyond, that put to rest a whole series of legacy hardware.

It started with Windows 8.1 that needed for its 64bit version 3 newer CPU instruction sets, 2 of which didn't exist on a Pentium processor (LAHF-SAHF, PREFETCHW). What that meant from a Windows codebase perspective was a large cleanup hardware-support-wise.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Pages (5):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting