arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 11 has been announced
(07-02-2021, 03:40 PM)Kururin Wrote: Unless you modify the ISO specially it cannot be bypassed.

This statement is factually incorrect! It has been proven otherwise from the times of the Windows 11 Dev leak and the release of its requirements. The modification of the ISO is just one way to achieve it. The ISO modification is nothing special. There are guides that provide clear and simple instructions to do so. The other very easy way would be to simple use the Windows 10 installer structure with the Windows 11 install.wim file that contains the actual Windows 11 OS. It's just as easy as replacing two files.

(07-02-2021, 03:40 PM)Kururin Wrote: There is registry hack but It is finicky and unsupported frankly.

That would be another way to bypass some of the requirements and with this statement of yours you just disproved yourself and your previous statement. However, this statement is also so so. The registry hack is not finicky at all. The installer is the active part that so far performs the requirement check and the two registry entries disable the requirement check for TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot. Since the registry hack works it does it's job. If it would be unsupported it wouldn't work.

Did you even try it yourself? I did. It's part of my job to test new things in the interest of the company I work for and my own curiosity. Even more funny is that I could install Windows 11 in a VM without TPM (no TPM at all) and no Secure Boot without any hacks. Moreover the VM host had a unsupported old Intel Core 6000 CPU and it had no supported GPU. The Insider Preview installed instantly without any issues and that even on an MBR partition with legacy mode (the VM software only supports legacy mode). It also installed fine on a older Surface without Secure Boot and other things disabled / unsupported... without any hacks again at all.

(07-02-2021, 03:40 PM)Kururin Wrote: If you mess up something during the install it is on you and you can be left with a installation that is seriously broken.

Thank you for telling the obvious. If you mess up... you messed up. And that a messed up installation might be broken is also outright obvious. That it is on you... well, on who else would it be?

(07-02-2021, 03:40 PM)Kururin Wrote: Microsoft can anytime turn off these "hacks". The OS it self is still in Dev build.

True.

(07-02-2021, 03:40 PM)Kururin Wrote: So its in Microsoft's best interest to make these harder requirements and make you buy a new laptop or PC with it. Where they can make money back from those sale as they will be coming with Windows 11. Microsoft was never in your best interest, they sell your data as anything that is not truly free does.

Thank you for repeating what I already said in my post (pretty much at the end).

(07-02-2021, 03:40 PM)Kururin Wrote: I would say stay away from Windows 11 unless they officially walk back on those requirements. It takes a de-bloater to even make Windows 10 bearable. I bet Windows 11 is going to be worse privacy wise. I already heard how in the Home version of Windows 11 they make you sign in to a Microsoft account and save all your data to it. You cannot use regular local account at all. These are ways Microsoft trying to tie you data into an account and then sell it the advertising company. So heed advice and stay far away until there is official way to bypass these nightmares and I am sure there will be more fool-proof method to do so in future when it releases officially.

My initial installation was also Windows 11 Home and I also couldn't bypass the Microsoft account requirement at first. That was with the latest Inside Preview. However, a colleague who was also playing around with Windows 11 bypassed it easily and I was amazed how. He simply entered trash information at the login window which somehow allowed him to create a local account by unlocking the option to do so.

And here is a guide to just do that: https://winaero.com/how-to-install-windo...l-account/

However if Microsoft pulls through with their always online enforcement in Windows 11 Home they might actually fix that in future Insider Previews and the final version.

Anyway. Just stay with Windows 10 until the end of its support in 2025 (if extended somehow even longer). After that the only real option is probably Linux or you simply pirate Windows 11 Enterprise and use heavy duty debloater tools with things like simplewall or other way more effective firewalls.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(07-03-2021, 08:14 AM)Mashiro Wrote: .... However if Microsoft pulls through with their always online enforcement in Windows 11 Home they might actually fix that in future Insider Previews and the final version.

If so, I think there is no reason to even try using Windows 11 at all.

I already rarely use Windows 10, after I see that Microsoft keeps trying to collect my usage data as much as it can in OS level.

And it is becoming harder and harder to fight against this kind of data collection.

(07-03-2021, 09:54 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: If so, I think there is no reason to even try using Windows 11 at all.

I already rarely use Windows 10, after I see that Microsoft keeps trying to collect my usage data as much as it can in OS level.

And it is becoming harder and harder to fight against this kind of data collection.

They will probably still allow local users ,at least for government version and these devices that have no internet access.And probably the only way that stops data collection is configuration on your router or DNS to stop resolving to Microsoft statistics urls.

Yes,linux may be better,but one big question is many mandatory applications are only available in Windows(like MS Office alternatives are almost only libreoffice and OpenOffice ,WPS or so.However all these application are not 100% compatible with MS).Also,Linux users are somehow need to be more experienced to solve problems.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
(07-03-2021, 10:34 AM)mzltest Wrote: They will probably still allow local users ,at least for government version and these devices that have no internet access.And probably the only way that stops data collection is configuration on your router or DNS to stop resolving to Microsoft statistics urls.
You're wasting your time if you think you can do something about M$ data collection. M$ data collection is the main feature of the OS starting from Win-10. And yes even for corporate versions...

Generally there are policies in their Group Policies settings where sysAdmins can fine-tune a bunch of options that cut-down on the data collection BUT NOT ALL of them... Always remember that!

(07-03-2021, 10:34 AM)mzltest Wrote: Yes,linux may be better,but one big question is many mandatory applications are only available in Windows(like MS Office alternatives are almost only libreoffice and OpenOffice ,WPS or so.However all these application are not 100% compatible with MS).Also,Linux users are somehow need to be more experienced to solve problems.
Same arguments that we use to repeat 10/15 years ago!!!.. So I guess we still have another 10/15 years ago to go before folks can see Linux desktop distributions as a viable alternative to the deeply flawed/sick Windows !?

The problem I see here is INERTIA!... Meaning resistance to change one's habit.. Folks and Institutions -alike- that do want to jump ship CAN DO IT RIGHT NOW if they really mean it... because everybody else, who wanted to do it, has already done it...

(07-03-2021, 08:14 AM)Mashiro Wrote: Did you even try it yourself? I did. It's part of my job to test new things in the interest of the company I work for and my own curiosity. Even more funny is that I could install Windows 11 in a VM without TPM (no TPM at all) and no Secure Boot without any hacks. Moreover the VM host had a unsupported old Intel Core 6000 CPU and it had no supported GPU. The Insider Preview installed instantly without any issues and that even on an MBR partition with legacy mode (the VM software only supports legacy mode). It also installed fine on a older Surface without Secure Boot and other things disabled / unsupported... without any hacks again at all.
It's true that it's been 3/4 years that I didn't dig into Windows internals but I would easily say here that the successful install there was precisely because you used the legacy boot mode, ie BIOS, instead of the UEFI mode (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) which is needed for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) logic to kick in.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Mashiro Wrote:This statement is factually incorrect! It has been proven otherwise from the times of the Windows 11 Dev leak and the release of its requirements. The modification of the ISO is just one way to achieve it. The ISO modification is nothing special. There are guides that provide clear and simple instructions to do so. The other very easy way would be to simple use the Windows 10 installer structure with the Windows 11 install.wim file that contains the actual Windows 11 OS. It's just as easy as replacing two files.

Yes I was incorrect about the not being able to bypass at all but my point still stands you need to modify the installation some way to have it install in your machine, which can be turned off any time. You say its "Clear and simple instructions" but you can to mess with the registry settings and frankly that is for advance users, so much so that its not found in the home edition and specifically for "Pro" user. Many users will have problem installing it and might frankly mess up leaving their install broken. And yes the ISO way can be simple at this time but the compatibility can break at any moment.

Mashiro Wrote:That would be another way to bypass some of the requirements and with this statement of yours you just disproved yourself and your previous statement. However, this statement is also so so. The registry hack is not finicky at all. The installer is the active part that so far performs the requirement check and the two registry entries disable the requirement check for TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot. Since the registry hack works it does it's job. If it would be unsupported it wouldn't work.

Again yes that was a mistake on my part for saying its the only way, but again my point above stands as registry is something that is not for normal users. You claim yourself to be a tech expert and you should know this as regular less tech savy people will have a hard time following the instructions (mess up even), and some might not even try so because its messing with important system definitions. Unsupported means Microsoft does not want you to use the registry hack to install Windows 11, does not mean that it does not work. It is currently working on the dev build but in future--we don't  know.

Mashiro Wrote:Did you even try it yourself? I did. It's part of my job to test new things in the interest of the company I work for and my own curiosity. Even more funny is that I could install Windows 11 in a VM without TPM (no TPM at all) and no Secure Boot without any hacks. Moreover the VM host had a unsupported old Intel Core 6000 CPU and it had no supported GPU. The Insider Preview installed instantly without any issues and that even on an MBR partition with legacy mode (the VM software only supports legacy mode). It also installed fine on a older Surface without Secure Boot and other things disabled / unsupported... without any hacks again at all.

Yes, I fully tried installing it myself. I run a MacBook Pro 16" BootCamp installation with Windows 10 on external drive. I had to modify the ISO via replacing the wim and then mess with the registry to Windows 11 play nice with my MacBook. But as expected many things do not work until Apple will provide updated drivers themselves even though Windows 11 is just a reskinned Windows 10. VM is a different thing that normal operating system, you should know this as well. What works on VM does not mean it will be same for a normal installation of Windows 11. Unless you are running Surface Studio 2 you can run any Windows 11 instillation, not sure as what's your version but I think your case is it being one of the Surface that is supported.

Mashiro Wrote:Thank you for telling the obvious. If you mess up... you messed up. And that a messed up installation might be broken is also outright obvious. That it is on you... well, on who else would it be?

Yes, I am being obvious by telling that people might mess up, its is human to make mistakes and its on them but if they did not try installing Windows 11 the wrong way they wouldn't been in this situation but here you go telling people its so easy to install Windows 11 and pin the blame on them when they mess up.

Mashiro Wrote:Thank you for repeating what I already said in my post (pretty much at the end).

You contradict yourself, you say what is the outcry is about and how easy it is to install with the bypasses (where serious mess up can occur) then go on to say what I said about privacy. Does not matter if its repeated--it is the truth.

Mashiro Wrote:My initial installation was also Windows 11 Home and I also couldn't bypass the Microsoft account requirement at first. That was with the latest Inside Preview. However, a colleague who was also playing around with Windows 11 bypassed it easily and I was amazed how. He simply entered trash information at the login window which somehow allowed him to create a local account by unlocking the option to do so.
And here is a guide to just do that: https://winaero.com/how-to-install-windo...l-account/
However if Microsoft pulls through with their always online enforcement in Windows 11 Home they might actually fix that in future Insider Previews and the final version.

You say that yourself that its a temporary fix as its a Dev build, if Microsoft ups their game you cannot simply bypass and It will be a privacy nightmare, does not matter if you friend bypassed it in some dev build with fake info as it does not reflect the final version and the final version can make you verify with a legit Microsoft account.

Mashiro Wrote:Anyway. Just stay with Windows 10 until the end of its support in 2025 (if extended somehow even longer). After that the only real option is probably Linux or you simply pirate Windows 11 Enterprise and use heavy duty debloater tools with things like simplewall or other way more effective firewalls.

This just proves my point and I agree.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(07-03-2021, 10:34 AM)mzltest Wrote: They will probably still allow local users ,at least for government version and these devices that have no internet access.And probably the only way that stops data collection is configuration on your router or DNS to stop resolving to Microsoft statistics urls.....

I am afraid it may not be a very good idea to deny Microsoft's data collection on router or DNS level.

Because it may block yourself from accessing to certain Microsoft services whenever you need to them. Smile

(07-07-2021, 10:26 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I am afraid it may not be a very good idea to deny Microsoft's data collection on router or DNS level.

Because it may block yourself from accessing to certain Microsoft services whenever you need to them. Smile

Uh yes.There are utilities that stop these kinds of data collection in registry level however an update may break this and you may need to configure again.

DNS level-blocking may not interfere normal usage as they have special endpoint for data collection like browser.events.msn.com for Edge,thus you just need to block that endpoint while allowing other access(blacklisting).

Anyway all these methods can be bypassed by Microsoft and not stable,but at least better than doing nothing.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
Over the weekend I thought for the heck of it to check whether my computer is Windows 11 compatible.  I remembered that for Windows 7 and Windows 8 and 10 Microsoft had an app called the "PC Health Check" one could use to check the computer specs against the Windows specs.  

So I find it quite interesting.  Microsoft did have this app for Windows 11, however removed it as it apparently wants to modify the app.  So who knows, maybe Microsoft has had its ear to the ground with all the moans and groans.  So is in the process of changing the minimum specs.  Tongue

Here is an article about the removal of the PC Health Check from the Microsoft's Windows 11 info page:
https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-1...-check-app

TechRadar Wrote:Microsoft’s launch of Windows 11 has got off to a rocky start, as the company has had to remove its PC Health Check app, which instead of telling people if their PCs can run the upcoming software, has been giving confusing and incorrect information.

It’s led to people with PCs and laptops that should be more than capable of running Windows 11 instead being told that their machines are not compatible. Even worse, the app was not giving enough details about why the PCs were deemed incompatible with Windows 11.

This has dampened many people’s excitement about Windows 11, and now Microsoft has ‘temporarily’ removed the app, and will release it again later this year.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Microsoft Windows 11 is still not available for public. So it called Beta version just for experts to check the bugs and problem.
Even you have a great specs system. as i try to install it into a HiRES rendering PC with i9 core and latest gaming board with 32GB of RAM and RTX 3060. Still i got refusal.
So the only way is to be wait for a proper public release. and also it should be better if we wait and get a bugs free release.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I saw the event and have it installed now! I really like the new UI redesign personally and I feel that it runs faster.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting