arrow_upward

Pages (2):
a system that auto closes a topic after x days/weeks inactivety
Hello,
I would like to see a system that auto closes a topic after x days/weeks inactivety.
I see alot of people posting on dead topics.

Greetings,
Perry
hmm great idea @perryoo11 there must be a system that close the thread after 3 days if nobody did post on it in 3 days in row.

thats helpful for you guys and if someone want to reopen the thread. so they can post but post gone in to draft when moderation verify it then post will be submit and thread open for next 3 days.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

Not really agree, sometimes someone bumping a thread, but, with a quality post, not really bad post. So I don't really agree at the first time.

But, when I lookup to @arsalahmed786 suggestion (second paragraph), I agree with that. Maybe you still can post but it goes to the moderation, then if it accepted, the topic reopen.

Sometimes, I found an old topic that useful for me, then I want to reply on the old topic (not just for "thanks", or something similiar) with my question.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(01-21-2018, 10:26 PM)tiwil Wrote: Not really agree, sometimes someone bumping a thread, but, with a quality post, not really bad post. So I don't really agree at the first time.

But, when I lookup to @arsalahmed786 suggestion (second paragraph), I agree with that. Maybe you still can post but it goes to the moderation, then if it accepted, the topic reopen.

Sometimes, I found an old topic that useful for me, then I want to reply on the old topic (not just for "thanks", or something similiar) with my question.

if you have a same problem and topic is more then 3 weeks old we mostly approve to you creating a new.
and @arsalahmed786 pretty much nailed my suggestion.
If there is such module for this forum then it can be implanted. But also, what's the use of moderators? If there are enough moderators insisted, then a system or module may not be needed.
(01-22-2018, 08:15 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: if you have a same problem and topic is more then 3 weeks old we mostly approve to you creating a new.
and @arsalahmed786 pretty much nailed my suggestion.

Hmm, but then it will create another issue of many same topics in the same subforum.

Probably 3 weeks is too short.

Actually I support freedom of speech. Users should be allowed to post on all topics without limitation as long as their post quality does not violate forum rules. My 2 cents.

(01-22-2018, 03:04 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Hmm, but then it will create another issue of many same topics in the same subforum.

Probably 3 weeks is too short.

Actually I support freedom of speech. Users should be allowed to post on all topics without limitation as long as their post quality does not violate forum rules. My 2 cents.

you can say whatever you want imo you will know when people get upset XD.

but the point is new poeple mostly bump up topics and others will continue while we have a 1 month.
8.Do not bump any thread that is older than 1 month in order to place the thread at the top of the forum.
source: https://post4vps.com/announcement-2.html rules
(01-22-2018, 03:43 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: you can say whatever you want imo you will know when people get upset XD.

but the point is new poeple mostly bump up topics and others will continue while we have a 1 month.
8.Do not bump any thread that is older than 1 month in order to place the thread at the top of the forum.

Is that okay to bump with a quality posts? Sometimes I find someone, bumping a thread, but they have a quality post there and not get deleted, so I guess it's okay, isn't it?
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(01-22-2018, 10:19 PM)tiwil Wrote: Is that okay to bump with a quality posts? Sometimes I find someone, bumping a thread, but they have a quality post there and not get deleted, so I guess it's okay, isn't it?

if it does add something that does fit there yes.
but i suggest you than to open a new topic and refer to the old topic.
(01-22-2018, 03:43 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: you can say whatever you want imo you will know when people get upset XD.

Please don't get too upset just because those new people bumping some older topics XD. At least they come here and bring traffics, thus generate ads revenues to this forum. They are not all devils. Smile

I suppose when deem necessary, we just give warning to them according to the current forum rule. That should be good enough.

Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Last Post: meetdilip

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting