arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
discord bot builders
Hello everyone,

Are there any discord bot builders that let you host the bot yourself after you’ve built it from their graphical interface?

I found several graphical discord bot builders. However, they restrict you to hosting it on their services. They don’t let you download the files and host them yourself.

And for anyone wondering, apparently you can host discord bots on free web hosting. Yup, even I was surprised!

Thank you
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
I never use any discord bot builders. I enjoyed more when I'm creating and maintaining my Discord bot. I'm using Python, so what's inside the script is straight forward and readable. You should try one with Python, it's easy to use.

Anyway, I never try with free web hosting to host Discord bot. Which web hosting you use to host it? Is it using cPanel? How can we host it?
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
@tiwil Well indeed I agree with you on making bots ourselves. I too use Discord.py and yes the scripts are hosted on cPanel. For me it's hosted on HelioHost, but the hosting can be any as long as it's free for you (or even paid if you want).

Here's a tutorial on hosting a Discord bot on cPanel: https://wiki.helionet.org/Discord_Bot

P.S.: You can host a Discord bot on any panel, not necessarily cP.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(11-04-2019, 03:45 AM)tiwil Wrote: I never use any discord bot builders. I enjoyed more when I'm creating and maintaining my Discord bot. I'm using Python, so what's inside the script is straight forward and readable. You should try one with Python, it's easy to use.

Anyway, I never try with free web hosting to host Discord bot. Which web hosting you use to host it? Is it using cPanel? How can we host it?

I am not a big fan of learning python from scratch just to build a discord bot. I really don’t have that sort of time, let alone will, to learn python. This is exactly why I am looking for a graphical discord bot builder.

I use Heliohost (same as sohamb03 since we actually met there and that’s where he told me about post4vps)

They provide several ways where you can host a discord bot. You can use cgi, or you can even use nodejs! All for free!

Even i was surprised when i came to know it was possible to host a discord bot on their free web hosting!!!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(11-04-2019, 04:09 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: @tiwil Well indeed I agree with you on making bots ourselves. I too use Discord.py and yes the scripts are hosted on cPanel. For me it's hosted on HelioHost, but the hosting can be any as long as it's free for you (or even paid if you want).

Here's a tutorial on hosting a Discord bot on cPanel: https://wiki.helionet.org/Discord_Bot

A new breakthrough for me, because I just found out! Thanks to you, I'll try it soon!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(11-04-2019, 04:09 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: @tiwil Well indeed I agree with you on making bots ourselves. I too use Discord.py and yes the scripts are hosted on cPanel. For me it's hosted on HelioHost, but the hosting can be any as long as it's free for you (or even paid if you want).

Not every hosting provider will support this. I checked up with my paid hosting provider and they said "No discord bot".

Actually, even if they allowed it, they need to install discord.py library too, which is some extra work that they wouldn't do.

Anyway, thanks for the trick!
(11-05-2019, 08:05 AM)tiwil Wrote: Not every hosting provider will support this. I checked up with my paid hosting provider and they said "No discord bot".

Actually, even if they allowed it, they need to install discord.py library too, which is some extra work that they wouldn't do.

Anyway, thanks for the trick!

I find it quite funny how a paid provider wont let/help you with such thing. Yet heliohost, which is a completely free web hosting service (they don’t even have paid plans, the only thing they charge for is if you want a vps), offers this for absolutely zero money! The internet is an interesting place haha, isn’t it?
(11-05-2019, 11:46 AM)ikk157 Wrote: I find it quite funny how a paid provider wont let/help you with such thing. Yet heliohost, which is a completely free web hosting service (they don’t even have paid plans, the only thing they charge for is if you want a vps), offers this for absolutely zero money! The internet is an interesting place haha, isn’t it?

I cannot give an argument with this actually. If you're paying someone that doesn't mean you can actually do anything with them.

I'm paying my hosting provider, but they choose only to provide web hosting instead of adding Discord bot service like Heliohost. It's actually their choice and I respect them how they handle users.
To be honest, paid and free provider comparison for allowing Discord bots is only one part of the story. Actually hosting Discord bot not only requires the provider to install the modules, but there's something else also which is a huge factor when it comes to servers - load. Hosting Discord bots creates a lot of load on the server, of course it depends on how frequently it's used, but it stays online unless your shut it down, so that script tends to create a lot of load while it's online. That's a point mentioned very clearly in the HelioWiki tutorial I linked to above. I can testify that myself - previously my account load never used to go above 10, but now the RAM and CPU usage near 50, sometimes even 60. So you could get an idea of the amount of load it creates. Coming back to providers, not everyone wants to take a risk with their servers, bcuz an outage can be easy to handle for a free provider like HelioHost, but it's quite difficult to convince clients who are actually paying for an uptime.

Regards,,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(11-06-2019, 01:58 PM)tiwil Wrote: I cannot give an argument with this actually. If you're paying someone that doesn't mean you can actually do anything with them.

I'm paying my hosting provider, but they choose only to provide web hosting instead of adding Discord bot service like Heliohost. It's actually their choice and I respect them how they handle users.

I understand your point, and you totally have a solid one.

Just to clarify, my intentions were not to shame paid hosts and/or providers. I’m just expressing how surprised I am by the fact that a free service could be better than one, of the same “genre”, that’s paid. Just think about it!
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-25-2019, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tiwil

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting