hi everyone

i use bench script by hidden refuge and have big problem cannot run get error
i contacted here hidden refuge but no reply even 2 days already passed

how can i get help for it? rudra tell me open thread here for help
will script creator reply here to help?

problem: wget command not found and it ask to install bc
i use centos 7

help plz
@Nihilist Moved thread to VPS Support section as logical place where @"Hidden Refuge" will look if he should return to the Forum.   @sohamb03s also an expert on the Benchmark Test.

However, your problem is actually a CentOS problem and not a Benchmark problem.  I know from experience that wget for some or other reason doesn't come installed with the minimal version of CentOS.  You have to install wget first.  Like so:

yum install wget

You may then just as well load the following script as well, since it is a prerequisite for creating the I/O Benchmark Test:

yum install bc

Now try @"Hidden Refuge"'s Benchmark Test and it should be working now:

wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hidden-refuge/bench-sh-2/master/bench.sh && bash bench.sh -b && rm bench.sh

BTW I used the Benchmark Test successfully about 30 minutes ago, and no issue at all. I also use CentOS 7.0.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@Nihilist You can use the benchmark script without wget as well. Here you'll use cURL:
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sohamb03/bench-sh/master/bench.sh && bash bench.sh && rm -rf bench.sh

Thus there isn't any requirement for wget. However, on most systems, when you install some application like a panel, wget also he's downloaded. In case it's a fresh installation, yeah wget isn't there with the OS.

Anyway I'll update with this command on the Post4VPS Benchmarking Script thread for ease of use by everyone. Smile

@deanhills, well which I/O test are you referring to? The benchmark script one? If so, as far as I remember there's no requirement for any such package. The script runs fine for me on a fresh OS installation.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(04-07-2020, 03:47 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: @deanhills, well which I/O test are you referring to? The benchmark script one? If so, as far as I remember there's no requirement for any such package. The script runs fine for me on a fresh OS installation.

Regards,
Actually there is a requirement to have the Basic Calculator script with CentOS @sohamb03. I have direct experience with it with CentOS 7. When I run the script just before it gets to the portion of I/O it aborts the Benchmark Test and asks for loading bc script. Then after I've loaded bc I have to start the Benchmark test from the beginning, and it then completes the whole script.

With CentOS "wget" is essential to have for loading any of the scripts and not only the Benchmark Test. It's like flying without wings when one doesn't have wget. And it's so easy to load. Why do you want a user of CentOS who needs to have wget anyway to use the OS without wget?
Terminal
sorry for late reply guys

deanhills i have wget on server already because the download of script i did with wget and i already download other things with wget

thanks for command to install bc. now disk bench working again

but still issue with wget in download tests
(04-07-2020, 09:38 PM)deanhills Wrote: Actually there is a requirement to have the Basic Calculator script with CentOS @sohamb03. I have direct experience with it with CentOS 7. When I run the script just before it gets to the portion of I/O it aborts the Benchmark Test and asks for loading bc script. Then after I've loaded bc I have to start the Benchmark test from the beginning, and it then completes the whole script.

With CentOS "wget" is essential to have for loading any of the scripts and not only the Benchmark Test. It's like flying without wings when one doesn't have wget. And it's so easy to load. Why do you want a user of CentOS who needs to have wget anyway to use the OS without wget?
Well the calculator script is a requirement for HR's benchmark script (as he introduced the Mbps <---> Gbps calculation fix, but it isn't required in the Post4VPS Benchmarking Script that I made. To confirm again, I ran a full benchmark on one of the CentOS VPS of mine, and it went through just fine. You can see that in the screenshots attached here.

I know wget is easy to load but not always a requirement is what I meant above. cURL is a system default which you can use when you just don't want to have wget (both doing the same thing afterall, on top of that cURL is inbuilt), or maybe wget doesn't work for you for whatever reasons, like we see in @Nihilist's case above. However, well it ain't like flying without wings, when we don't have wget. Everything you can list is possible without it, even on a CentOS system. Wink

I dunno what's wrong in his case, cause on one hand, he says that the error is "wget not found", but he still says that wget is installed. This is sort of wierd. bc is alright if he's using HR's script.

Regards,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(04-09-2020, 04:30 AM)Nihilist Wrote: sorry for late reply guys

deanhills i have wget on server already because the download of script i did with wget and i already download other things with wget

thanks for command to install bc. now disk bench working again

but still issue with wget in download tests
Glad it's working for you @Nihilist. @"Hidden Refuge" always to the rescue. Even when he isn't here. Wink

- closed -
Terminal
I would like to thank everyone so far who has posted here and attempted to help or helped already Smile . @deanhills @sohamb03

@Nihilist

What kind of server do you actually have? Is it a VPS, dedicated server or something like a shell access account or similar? What is going on isn't really normal.

How do you run the script? I mean do you run it as a normal user or root?

Can you also provide me with the permission of the /usr/bin/wget file? You can get the permission by going to /usr/bin and then execute "ls -lha". Look for the wget file and simply copy the whole line of information.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Last Post: hamed
07-28-2019, 03:51 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting