arrow_upward

Why are posts in the support forums not counted?
(01-16-2020, 08:01 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: I received my answer and I'm satisfied with it. No big deal I guess. Instead I might actually post solutions to issues as seperate threads in the tutorial forum or other forums.

I would say that's the way to go about this conundrum. The way I usually do this is give a minimalist direct answer to the problem at hand to the user seeking it (in the support forum) then, for completeness's sake, open a thread in the adhoc forum where I would go for the larger and more comprehensive/complete answer addressing the big picture and the particulars of that user's problem (if any.)

My 2 cents on this. Although I don't agree with disabling  post-counts in the support forums as a solution to abusive users. I would rather see meaningful posts in the support forum than brand new threads about trivia... but, again, that's just me, the Outsider :-)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-28-2020, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Decent12
08-27-2019, 07:45 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting