arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy way to upgrade Debian 9 to Debian 10
(04-07-2020, 11:39 PM)LightDestory Wrote: Well it depends, updating Debian to a next major release (version installed to version_installed+1) is not a critical process and you can improve your success rate by doing the update process on a fresh install of the OS.

I personally did it after the KVM refresh and it worked without any issue.

This tutorial is super detailed and if you follow it you will get a fully updated and working Debian Smile

Well you just described one of the issues, you’ll need to request a fresh OS install to increase your success rate. Which brings it back to my point.

I personally believe that you shouldn’t upgrade unless you really have to. Will save the admins here a lot of work. 

It’s just not a risk worth taking if you’re just upgrading for the sake of upgrading.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy way to upgrade Debian 9 to Debian 10 - by ikk157 - 04-08-2020, 05:54 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting