arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem bench.sh script by hidden refuge
(04-07-2020, 09:38 PM)deanhills Wrote: Actually there is a requirement to have the Basic Calculator script with CentOS @sohamb03. I have direct experience with it with CentOS 7. When I run the script just before it gets to the portion of I/O it aborts the Benchmark Test and asks for loading bc script. Then after I've loaded bc I have to start the Benchmark test from the beginning, and it then completes the whole script.

With CentOS "wget" is essential to have for loading any of the scripts and not only the Benchmark Test. It's like flying without wings when one doesn't have wget. And it's so easy to load. Why do you want a user of CentOS who needs to have wget anyway to use the OS without wget?
Well the calculator script is a requirement for HR's benchmark script (as he introduced the Mbps <---> Gbps calculation fix, but it isn't required in the Post4VPS Benchmarking Script that I made. To confirm again, I ran a full benchmark on one of the CentOS VPS of mine, and it went through just fine. You can see that in the screenshots attached here.

I know wget is easy to load but not always a requirement is what I meant above. cURL is a system default which you can use when you just don't want to have wget (both doing the same thing afterall, on top of that cURL is inbuilt), or maybe wget doesn't work for you for whatever reasons, like we see in @Nihilist's case above. However, well it ain't like flying without wings, when we don't have wget. Everything you can list is possible without it, even on a CentOS system. Wink

I dunno what's wrong in his case, cause on one hand, he says that the error is "wget not found", but he still says that wget is installed. This is sort of wierd. bc is alright if he's using HR's script.

Regards,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
RE: problem bench.sh script by hidden refuge - by Sn1F3rt - 04-09-2020, 05:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-14-2019, 01:31 PM
Last Post: hamed
07-28-2019, 03:51 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting