arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate?
I have used Linux Mint once before and it was a solid distro and as a first timer I don’t think that Mint 20 would be a bad place to start seeing as it is built on the most recent version of Ubuntu. Elementary OS is another distro, but it took thinks in an apple like direction and I played with their most recent version and everything seemed on the up and up. The change in application handling I believe was to move more towards a macOS like architecture where things are a little more locked down with the system apps to prevent tampering from malware. I’d say try it! It’s a light weight system and for an older machine that you’re trying to breath life back into it would be a good starting place to see if something like this would be an option.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate? - by tbelldesignco - 11-19-2020, 01:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting