arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate?
(11-23-2020, 02:22 AM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I do believe Windows got its start on Xenix which was a Unix Flavor. They have since moved away from that, but it was a brief blip in Window's history. There was a split in the late-70's early-80s where Apple took parts of the BSD Core to create Darwin which was the foundation for macOS until they transitioned to Intel Based Macs in the Mid-2000's and Windows moved from Xenix to DOS when they started to finalize the build for Windows 1.

Aha @tbelldesignco I seem to remember in the history of things that there was this rivalry between Gates and Jobs.

Debate is on whether Gates personally made a huge contribution in code to Windows. He did make some, but from what I understand Bill Gates was quite good at buying what he needed such as the complete rights of DOS from Tim Patterson. Which he then improvised, adapted and licensed to hardware manufacturers:
https://www.quora.com/Did-Bill-Gates-con...of-Windows
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate? - by deanhills - 11-23-2020, 02:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
08-29-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: hamed

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting